Academy Dreams - Leeds United

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Film & TV Academy Dreams - Leeds United

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Out today on Amazon Prime. Academy Dreams is a behind-the-scenes look inside the world-class Leeds United Academy. They follow a team of young players as they try to make it to the top and represent Leeds United in the Premier League.

https://amzn.to/3xNGJbP
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Academy Dreams - Leeds United

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

And if I don't have Amazon Prime? Can't justify paying since I already subscribe to packages for Premier League, Cricket, and Netflix
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Thanks YS, I shall definitely watch it.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:43 am And if I don't have Amazon Prime? Can't justify paying since I already subscribe to packages for Premier League, Cricket, and Netflix

They usally have a 1 month free trial
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Thanks for posting that up.

Ill get a an Amazon freebie when they are next showing one of our games and bingewatch the lot :P
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Watched the first two episodes. It's ok, but it's like a season review rather than anything in depth. There was a voice over about the "world class players" who've come from the academy, then a brief mention of Milner and Phillips and that's it. No mention of O'Leary or Revie players. It would've been nice to celebrate the history of the academy and not just Orta signings.

Young players are overly pampered these days, explains why they struggle out on loan. It's not like the 90s when they had to scrub boots and put the cones out.

Also it's very out of date with Phillips and Kenneh featured a lot :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:26 pm Watched the first two episodes. It's ok, but it's like a season review rather than anything in depth. There was a voice over about the "world class players" who've come from the academy, then a brief mention of Milner and Phillips and that's it. No mention of O'Leary or Revie players. It would've been nice to celebrate the history of the academy and not just Orta signings.

Young players are overly pampered these days, explains why they struggle out on loan. It's not like the 90s when they had to scrub boots and put the cones out.

Also it's very out of date with Phillips and Kenneh featured a lot :lol:
Are all episodes available. Can you sign up for a month and watch them all?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 pm Are all episodes available. Can you sign up for a month and watch them all?
Yes they are. I'm on 4 now. They're 30 mins so you can get through them quickly.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:07 pm Yes they are. I'm on 4 now. They're 30 mins so you can get through them quickly.
Thanks
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I've watched the first two. Really good watch. Joffy was looking so sharp before his injuries and bench warming for the first team.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Watched all six, excellent stuff.
I didn't realise how unlucky the U23's were in their last game against Arsenal. At 1-1 Mateo Joseph had a goal disallowed for offside but replays showed he was onside. Had they won that game they would have stayed up.
You don't hear much about Sean McGurk but he certainly looked decent in the documentary.