General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:39 pm I don't believe that.

Stop being miserable, we all looked forward to Nov 5th as children and tying the local cats tail to the biggest rocket yes ?

Jeez i can see the flames now !

And hear the screech!
As children we looked forward to poking bonfires with sticks, and branding each other with the hot bits of sparklers.

Anyone I saw being cruel to a cat would get a ball bearing from my catapult.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:25 pm As children we looked forward to poking bonfires with sticks, and branding each other with the hot bits of sparklers.

Anyone I saw being cruel to a cat would get a ball bearing from my catapult.
😬tough neighbourhood
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:56 pm 😬tough neighbourhood
Perfectly normal rural life...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:50 pm Perfectly normal rural life...
Yeah in fairness I already know that. Being 1 of 4 and growing up in a tiny rural village. School mates used to sing “Living on an island” to me.
Hell of a lot of cruelty went on that’s for sure
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:02 pm Yeah in fairness I already know that. Being 1 of 4 and growing up in a tiny rural village. School mates used to sing “Living on an island” to me.
Hell of a lot of cruelty went on that’s for sure
I spent most of my time on my own in the woods, communing with the trees.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:38 pm I spent most of my time on my own in the woods, communing with the trees.
Probably a better conversation than with a sibling. Plus a tree doesn’t normally twat you in the face or grass you up for setting light to the barn.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:02 pm Yeah in fairness I already know that. Being 1 of 4 and growing up in a tiny rural village. School mates used to sing “Living on an island” to me.
Hell of a lot of incest went on that’s for sure
Ftfy :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:38 pm I spent most of my time on my own in the woods, communing with the trees.
That sounds like some good stuff, was it the 60's did you say ?

And reminds me of a black and white Ministry of defence black and white news roll from i think around the 1950's 60's when they were experimenting on soldiers by giving them acid, fck me it's hilarious if anyone can find it anywhere, i think it has 1 of them up a tree that thinks he's a magpie or summert, 1 of them's definitely hugging a tree and i can't remember the others.

It could be American soldiers but i think it was the British experimenting on whether it could be used in battle or something, fck me i'd take 1 if i were going into battle lol.

Please please please someone try to find it, i promise most here (not 64) will spit their coffee out. It has me on the floor doubled up laughing.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:39 am That sounds like some good stuff, was it the 60's did you say ?

And reminds me of a black and white Ministry of defence black and white news roll from i think around the 1950's 60's when they were experimenting on soldiers by giving them acid, fck me it's hilarious if anyone can find it anywhere, i think it has 1 of them up a tree that thinks he's a magpie or summert, 1 of them's definitely hugging a tree and i can't remember the others.

It could be American soldiers but i think it was the British experimenting on whether it could be used in battle or something, fck me i'd take 1 if i were going into battle lol.

Please please please someone try to find it, i promise most here (not 64) will spit their coffee out. It has me on the floor doubled up laughing.
Probably did just about start in the 60s, as I used to go in the woods from the age of 3 or 4.

If trippy anecdotes amuse you, you might enjoy this. Watch out for someone called Rainy.

https://www.waccoe.com/topic/313208-mag ... /#comments
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:30 amFtfy :tup:
How did you change that????
Didn’t know you could do that on here 🤔
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:10 am Probably did just about start in the 60s, as I used to go in the woods from the age of 3 or 4.

If trippy anecdotes amuse you, you might enjoy this. Watch out for someone called Rainy.

https://www.waccoe.com/topic/313208-mag ... /#comments
Can't get into there to view, The Oerman and his backslapping crew got me banned :)

I wear it as a badge of honour now.

;@)
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

It's 10:30 in the morning and I'm eating Ko-Lee hot and spicy noodles.

WTF is wrong with me?

Why cant i just have a piece of toast and a coffee like normal people?

The noodles are delish though, i have to say. :tup:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Hi Rook, I’m Dr JD, expert on nutrition.
You have a simple case of noodlitis or more commonly known as Chinese fever.
Try watching a Bruce Lee film. That normally cures it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:25 pm It's horrible for animals. I'd definitely vote for noiseless fire works; they have them in other countries.
Our cats didn't give a s**t about fireworks or thunder... we never had to worry about keeping them in, Lewis would often sit on the table outside watching happily or indifferently which for a cat is the same thing. Seven rarely went out but would blissfully sleep through any racket without flinching
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am Our cats didn't give a s**t about fireworks or thunder... we never had to worry about keeping them in, Lewis would often sit on the table outside watching happily or indifferently which for a cat is the same thing. Seven rarely went out but would blissfully sleep through any racket without flinching
I think Lewis is playing midfield for us now. But my phone is being weird in fairness. It’s already changed cruelty to incest this morning 🤔
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Rook wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:32 am It's 10:30 in the morning and I'm eating Ko-Lee hot and spicy noodles.

WTF is wrong with me?

Why cant i just have a piece of toast and a coffee like normal people?

The noodles are delish though, i have to say. :tup:
We are all different, Swannie likes a malt for her breakie, although it's usually past midday
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am Our cats didn't give a s**t about fireworks or thunder... we never had to worry about keeping them in, Lewis would often sit on the table outside watching happily or indifferently which for a cat is the same thing. Seven rarely went out but would blissfully sleep through any racket without flinching
Exactly.

Like children, it's how they're brought up :tup:

Some here shouldn't be allowed pets Faaip, feral.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

They think...' Oh look at me i treat my dog/cat fantastic.

The cat's thinking.....' I wish you'd just fck off stroking me, and using me to match your wallpaper'......'I wanna get laid by Tom next door'

64 knows what i mean.

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

One year scan clear after op to remove bowel cancer. Holiday in Fuertaventura next week will be extra nice 🥳🥳
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm One year scan clear after op to remove bowel cancer. Holiday in Fuertaventura next week will be extra nice 🥳🥳
Nice one Vinny👍🏼
And going somewhere warm. Effing freezing here. I’m afraid of the heating. I’m sure it’s laughing at me