Radz sells Eleven Sports

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Radz sells Eleven Sports

Post by Cjay »

Radz has sold his sports media company Eleven Sports to the DAZN Group.

Radz will become an Executive Director of DAZN..

No mention of how much he sold it for and doesn't impact us directly.

But worth a mention.

Shame he didn't include us in the sale, DAZN are absolutely minted, owned by Ukrainian born businessman (and UK and American citizen) Len Blavatnik.

He has a net worth of £26billion :oops:

As an aside, it's not known if Radz and his ex business partner are still being sued for £750million by the Chinese investors who bought his last company.

They filed paperwork years ago at the High Court in London but its not known what happened.

Anyway

Fancy a football club Mr Blavatnik :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Radz sells Eleven Sports

Post by 1964white »

So doesn't affect us whatsoever.

Radz must be worth a bit now, means naff all of course.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

DAZN have an office in LS11 of course, next door to my old office
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:51 am No mention of how much he sold it for and doesn't impact us directly.

Sounds like he may have taken a large amount of DAZN shares rather than cash. Seems like a shrewd move to me.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:51 am Radz has sold his sports media company Eleven Sports to the DAZN Group.

Radz will become an Executive Director of DAZN..

No mention of how much he sold it for and doesn't impact us directly.

But worth a mention.

Shame he didn't include us in the sale, DAZN are absolutely minted, owned by Ukrainian born businessman (and UK and American citizen) Len Blavatnik.

He has a net worth of £26billion :oops:

As an aside, it's not known if Radz and his ex business partner are still being sued for £750million by the Chinese investors who bought his last company.

They filed paperwork years ago at the High Court in London but its not known what happened.

Anyway

Fancy a football club Mr Blavatnik :)
I read DAZN had posted a loss of $2.5bn last time. and that the owner has bailed them out for $4.3bn to erase the debt.

the .xbns might be wrong, can't be arsed checking and it's chicken-feed anyhow.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1146787946?-1 ... atest_news
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:59 pm Sounds like he may have taken a large amount of DAZN shares rather than cash. Seems like a shrewd move to me.
Could be.

Be surprised if he hasn't taken some cash to though otherwise that's very risky for Radz.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 pm I read DAZN had posted a loss of $2.5bn last time. and that the owner has bailed them out for $4.3bn to erase the debt.

the .xbns might be wrong, can't be arsed checking and it's chicken-feed anyhow.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1146787946?-1 ... atest_news
You're right it seems Carrick

Having had a read it seems DAZN are aiming to be like the Netflix of that market and there owner is willing to cover short term losses for potential long term gains.

It's brave but I suppose he knows what he is doing there owner

You don't accumulate his wealth if your an idiot.

It's incredible really that someone could just effectively give away $4.3billion which is basically the entirety of Mike Ashley's wealth who is another very wealthy man.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:15 pm So doesn't affect us whatsoever.

Radz must be worth a bit now, means naff all of course.
Only pulls his phone out of his pocket, cos the wallet's so fat he can't pull it out :lol:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:15 pm You're right it seems Carrick

Having had a read it seems DAZN are aiming to be like the Netflix of that market and there owner is willing to cover short term losses for potential long term gains.

It's brave but I suppose he knows what he is doing there owner

You don't accumulate his wealth if your an idiot.

It's incredible really that someone could just effectively give away $4.3billion which is basically the entirety of Mike Ashley's wealth who is another very wealthy man.
Had never heard of DAZN until I noticed their name on the podium in the photo below, which was on the BBC Sport website a few days ago, although perhaps not the DAZN that initially caught my eye.
4C9927AD-0816-4E20-BFD3-037C929169C9.jpeg

However, there is a Leeds link as Aussie boxer, Ebanie Bridges is a big Leeds fan
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:28 pm Had never heard of DAZN until I noticed their name on the podium in the photo below, which was on the BBC Sport website a few days ago, although perhaps not the DAZN that initially caught my eye.

However, there is a Leeds link as Aussie boxer, Ebanie Bridges is a big Leeds fan
😂 what caught your tits, sorry I mean tits. I mean EYES for tits sake.
What is the bloke on the left writing down?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Whether dazn will be a success long term is a bit like playing roulette

Very popular here in Germany but in the last six months they doubled the subscription price from 15 to 30 euros (was running at a clear loss beforehand) which has made them rather unpopular here and I think led to a lot of cancellations (me too as they only have weird football rights and lots of random sports)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:28 pm Had never heard of DAZN until I noticed their name on the podium in the photo below, which was on the BBC Sport website a few days ago, although perhaps not the DAZN that initially caught my eye.

Ah yes, I have heard of her.

I feel in the interest of research into DAZN you should watch all her weigh ins just to see if DAZN sponsor them all. :)

That is your mission 8-)
Signed

King Cjay