General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

I suppose that everyone has some sort of personal struggle then, some worse than others i imagine.

I remember when my son was leaving school and thinking ' i wonder if he'll ever mention the army, i'd be dead proud if he did'

Now i blame all wars on fcking dumb politicians etc that won't lose their own fcking lives so why should my son, thank God he didn't... innocent men women and children sacrificed as a cruise missile comes hurtling through their roof as they eat dinner, people who didn't ask for the USA to come and bomb them just coz 14 nutters crashed into the twin towers, children in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine etc frightened to fcking death of any sort of bang, Israel being c**ts non stop in the middle east, brutal tortures in Saudi, a woman murdered in Iran just coz she don't wanna wear a fcking scarf

Struggles all over the world, some worse than others, suppose what mi mam said rings true....'there's always somebody worse off than you, stop feeling sorry for thaself'.

WW1 conscription, oh i think along with the others that knew fck all what was coming i'd have been one of the first to sign up, now we know bout ' going over the top' and that fcking nutter Douglas Haig knowingly sending thousands to their slaughter....

Yeah, life's like a box of chocolates.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Why should Sara marry Weasel? That’s what I want to know.
What crazy matchmaking is this. That man is married to Wales.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:32 am Why should Sara marry Weasel? That’s what I want to know.
What crazy matchmaking is this. That man is married to Wales.
Who knows? Kenny raised what I took to be genuine issues about his experiences, and asked for a response. I replied with my honest thoughts and experiences too, only to be met with a stupid comment.

The other place, which we're not supposed to mention, has a really good thread on mental health issues, and recently it has been very supportive (and moving) for people experiencing bereavements. Although it can be a bit like the wild west on there, that thread is always treated with respect.

Maybe a separate thread along similar lines here would be helpful. General chat possibly isn't cut out for discussing deep personal stuff.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ohh what was the stupid comment?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:56 am Ohh what was the stupid comment?
See my comment above Sara’s.
I’ll refrain from calling it stupid until I know what he meant. There must be a hidden meaning.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:18 am Who knows? Kenny raised what I took to be genuine issues about his experiences, and asked for a response. I replied with my honest thoughts and experiences too, only to be met with a stupid comment.

The other place, which we're not supposed to mention, has a really good thread on mental health issues, and recently it has been very supportive (and moving) for people experiencing bereavements. Although it can be a bit like the wild west on there, that thread is always treated with respect.

Maybe a separate thread along similar lines here would be helpful. General chat possibly isn't cut out for discussing deep personal stuff.
That’s interesting. I’ve never been on the aforementioned site but good to know they treat a very complex subject with respect. I mean whatever it is that’s died, not just humans should be treated with respect and not the usual assumed dominance you normally get.
Yes perhaps it needs its own thread. Definitely.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Kenny is a fan of Weasel, he agrees with a lot of Weasels posts about Leeds United.

Kenny liked Sara's post about depression and mental health, So he jokingly suggested that Weasel and Sara should get married.

......... I think.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Rook wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:12 am Kenny is a fan of Weasel, he agrees with a lot of Weasels posts about Leeds United.

Kenny liked Sara's post about depression and mental health, So he jokingly suggested that Weasel and Sara should get married.

......... I think.
Yes, that could be it. But I think it’s something a little deeper, less jokey.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Rook wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:12 am Kenny is a fan of Weasel, he agrees with a lot of Weasels posts about Leeds United.

......... I think.
Oh right... I didn't get that... I took it as a flippant and abrupt change of subject. Apologies to Kenny if I misunderstood.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:10 am That’s interesting. I’ve never been on the aforementioned site but good to know they treat a very complex subject with respect. I mean whatever it is that’s died, not just humans should be treated with respect and not the usual assumed dominance you normally get.
Yes perhaps it needs its own thread. Definitely.
Definitely not just humans!
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 am Oh right... I didn't get that... I took it as a flippant and abrupt change of subject. Apologies to Kenny if I misunderstood.

Kenny is harmless. He's a good egg, and a funny member of the forum.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:43 pm You are a hero.....never forget that...
Not at all Duckie......

Just doing my job, what I signed up to do... to the best of my ability... Just like all the rest.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Rook wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:32 am Kenny is harmless. He's a good egg, and a funny member of the forum.
Yes, I'm sure he is, I like him enjoy his contributions, not least as a Bert fan. That one comment just threw me though, as I didn't get it, and thought we were being serious for five minutes.

Oi, Kenny, your ears are burning!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

“I knew it would work and now I’m absolutely convinced. You & Weasel should get married”.

1. What would work.
2. What convinced you.
3. Why Weasel.

Am I over thinking this 🤔
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:46 am “I knew it would work and now I’m absolutely convinced. You & Weasel should get married”.

1. What would work.
2. What convinced you.
3. Why Weasel.

Am I over thinking this 🤔
1. I presumed some kind of trick had been played.
2. Could be convinced by me coming up with a dumb seeming reply.
3. No idea.

Anyway, probably best to wait until Kenny reappears... I feel like I'm talking about him behind his back!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:51 am 1. I presumed some kind of trick had been played.
2. Could be convinced by me coming up with a dumb seeming reply.
3. No idea.

Anyway, probably best to wait until Kenny reappears... I feel like I'm talking about him behind his back!
Fair enough.
Just between you & me here but as you can see what the gorgeous Weasel looks like which is basically drop dead to my eye (total hetero btw), anyway would you? Marry him. Or at the very least lick his furry face.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:58 am Fair enough.
Just between you & me here but as you can see what the gorgeous Weasel looks like which is basically drop dead to my eye (total hetero btw), anyway would you? Marry him. Or at the very least lick his furry face.
Not particularly hetero here... I'm sure Weasel's lovely, and men are ok, but you can't beat the real thing!

:)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm Not particularly hetero here... I'm sure Weasel's lovely, and men are ok, but you can't beat the real thing!

:)
😀 I get you. Totally agree. Definitely can’t beat it!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Too soon for mince pies? I don't think so.