Would relegation be so bad? Get use to it folks.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:51 pm The plastics will soon disappear if we drop a league. Fans who used to go to away matches & those like you Irish lads attended home games a few times a season will become apparent once again.

My old pal Ges & his lad haven't watched Leeds once since we returned to Premier League, he's not happy about the situation, Ges wrote to Kinnear, but got no reply.
I didn't renew membership for the same reason too.
Only thing I miss I'd LUTV but it was £75.
Oh and my singing bottle opener. :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155146
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 pm Leon, the last Leeds match I attended was home to Walsall in League One, in February 2010. Me and the Mrs had the whole East Stand to ourselves, and as I recall it was £36 per ticket, for fookin Walsall.

McSheffrey fluked a goal from a free kick and Shane Lowry was one of the full backs. It was dreadful mate and we got beat. This was about five days before we emigrated to Canada and subsequently Bulgaria.

Realistically the only chance of me seeing a home match would be if Leeds were relegated.

But I don't want us to be relegated, as that will be an absolute disaster.
It would be a disaster, James

I was at that Walsall game, too.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:32 pm The board got only one major decision right, appointing Bielsa who made them look good. They looked poor before Bielsa's and they look poor again after Bielsa,

Being brutally honest you have to ask do any of them actually understand football?
100% Leon, they got lucky with Bielsa :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155146
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:32 pm Yeah, but Radz was good to his word about Europe, him n the family went for a fortnight in Benidorm 8-)
Orta had a six week holiday in Europe during the transfer window & our Australian tour.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:43 pm It would be a disaster, James

I was at that Walsall game, too.
I think there was only about 10,000 there that night? As I said we had the whole East Stand to ourselves 🤣
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:47 pm Orta had a six week holiday in Europe during the transfer window & our Australian tour.
I wonder if the guy who drove our successful summer signings is Jesse?

Cos it's not like Orta to get so many signings correct.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155146
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:47 pm I think there was only about 10,000 there that night? As I said we had the whole East Stand to ourselves 🤣
19,000 mate.

East Stand was always virtually empty in those years.
User avatar
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Was just talking about this with my mate the other day.
Being lifelong Leeds fans football has become unrecognisable in the modern era as you need billionaire owners to even begin to challenge for titles etc. As a result the PL has become dull and inert to the point where I only watch the Leeds games now and that has become painful of late,
Apart from the benefit to the shareholders, as fans where is the joy in watching a club play in a league where the club's sole ambition is to avoid relegation? The football that we are currently serving up is absolute dire and a far cry from our promotion season and the first season back in the PL. If this brand of football is what it takes to remain in this league then count me out, I would prefer to see us challenging in the championship playing exciting football than simply surviving in the PL playing the type of football we have witnessed for the most part this season.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:53 pm 19,000 mate.

East Stand was always virtually empty in those years.
Not a bad crowd for Walsall in midweek then :)

I wonder what scheming Radz n co are up to tonight?
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Scoobychief »

The question was would relegation be so bad? Wtf who even puts this kind of crap up? Yeah relegation would be a total f**king disaster.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Mountain »

Scoobychief wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:38 pm The question was would relegation be so bad? Wtf who even puts this kind of crap up? Yeah relegation would be a total f**king disaster.
Me. I put it up. The name of the poster appears above every post.

You're enjoying last season and this season more than Bielsa's first 2 seasons? I can't say I do.
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6743
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Carrick Dave »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:43 pm I didn't renew membership for the same reason too.
Only thing I miss I'd LUTV but it was £75.
Oh and my singing bottle opener. :lol:
I had the whole family over in League 1, f****g MK Dons, we won 4-1 and Showunmi scored.

I was over regularly in the Championship.

Fulham on Sunday will be the only Premiership game I’ve been able to get a ticket for in three years. Ironically, I got lucky in the membership ballot, but I had to risk not getting a ticket and book and pay for flights in advance.

And as you say, it costs nearly the price of a season ticket every time, whatever league we’re in. I wonder how many of the Norwegian fans have stopped coming?
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Scoobychief wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:38 pm The question was would relegation be so bad? Wtf who even puts this kind of crap up? Yeah relegation would be a total f**king disaster.
Yeah. That!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155146
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by 1964white »

Just looking at the championship table to see if there are any new grounds to attend. the reality is I've done all of them, so let's check the possible relegated/promoted clubs. No luck with the teams going down.

From the promoted teams the only possibility right now would be Home Park down in sunny Plymouth, I feel an additional holiday in Cornwall on the cards, book a nice apartment or cottage in Looe, jump on a train for the fourteen miles journey & bob's your uncle :sun:
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Irish Ian »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:55 pm I had the whole family over in League 1, f****g MK Dons, we won 4-1 and Showunmi scored.

I was over regularly in the Championship.

Fulham on Sunday will be the only Premiership game I’ve been able to get a ticket for in three years. Ironically, I got lucky in the membership ballot, but I had to risk not getting a ticket and book and pay for flights in advance.

And as you say, it costs nearly the price of a season ticket every time, whatever league we’re in. I wonder how many of the Norwegian fans have stopped coming?
Yes the chicken and egg situation over flights etc. Its never easy.

Enjoy the game Dave. Pity you are watching too Championship sides but at least it's in the Prem. :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
WestgateRun
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Wakefield

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by WestgateRun »

Maybe LUFC is destined to be a yoyo club for the next decade.
In terms of financial resources, we must be down amongst the bottom six and our ground does not compare well with most of the others in the Premier League.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Clacton White »

WestgateRun wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:34 am Relegation would be a disaster.
We spent 16 years trying to get back to the top league. We have to stick in there.
I would settle for 17th place once again, right now.
Agree totally . What would have been the point of the past 3 or 4 seasons only to go back to square one . All that work done , securing Bielsa as manager/coach , you cannot guarantee going down and coming straight back and if it drags on for a prolonged time once again who knows how long it could last down in the Championship? The longer you are out of the Premier League , the more you fall behind clubs , the likes of Brighton , Southampton , Palace would all be a more appealing place to play as they would have established Premier League status and more financial clout . Relegation would be a complete and utter disaster imo .As for the blame......I guess there are other threads here for that and plenty has been said on current and recent form over the past season and a quarter of this one .
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Kennyb41 »

Johnboy1965 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:54 pm Was just talking about this with my mate the other day.
Being lifelong Leeds fans football has become unrecognisable in the modern era as you need billionaire owners to even begin to challenge for titles etc. As a result the PL has become dull and inert to the point where I only watch the Leeds games now and that has become painful of late,
Apart from the benefit to the shareholders, as fans where is the joy in watching a club play in a league where the club's sole ambition is to avoid relegation? The football that we are currently serving up is absolute dire and a far cry from our promotion season and the first season back in the PL. If this brand of football is what it takes to remain in this league then count me out, I would prefer to see us challenging in the championship playing exciting football than simply surviving in the PL playing the type of football we have witnessed for the most part this season.
:tup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Me too, with you know who.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Mountain »

WestgateRun wrote: ↑Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 am Maybe LUFC is destined to be a yoyo club for the next decade.
In terms of financial resources, we must be down amongst the bottom six and our ground does not compare well with most of the others in the Premier League.
Very possibly. And I suspect the yo yo clubs like Norwich would say the relegation seasons from the PL are not so much better than the promotion campaigns in the Championship.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Would relegation be so bad?

Post by Kennyb41 »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:55 pm I had the whole family over in League 1, f****g MK Dons, we won 4-1 and Showunmi scored.

I was over regularly in the Championship.

Fulham on Sunday will be the only Premiership game I’ve been able to get a ticket for in three years. Ironically, I got lucky in the membership ballot, but I had to risk not getting a ticket and book and pay for flights in advance.

And as you say, it costs nearly the price of a season ticket every time, whatever league we’re in. I wonder how many of the Norwegian fans have stopped coming?
That's a bloody good valid point tha knows, look how Bert had the whole world sat up salivating.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Post Reply