The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th November) - Bielsa favourite for Cherries hot seat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th November) - Bielsa favourite for Cherries hot seat

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm He won't come, but I'll say yes :tup:
Deal, bet on :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th November) - Bielsa favourite for Cherries hot seat

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 pm Well that is up to him.

On balance he was a force for good at Leeds imo.

If Bournemouth give him the keys of the training ground and are invested in his madness they will have many fun times ahead.
Tbh I think we might have been his "Last Stand" so to speak. I'd be very surprised if his next job is anywhere near as successful. I certainly can't see it happening in the PL. With us he had two years to build a winning mentality in the Championship. He won't have that in the PL, nor would he have the support if they're being hammered.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:26 pm Tbh I think we might have been his "Last Stand" so to speak. I'd be very surprised if his next job is anywhere near as successful. I certainly can't see it happening in the PL. With us he had two years to build a winning mentality in the Championship. He won't have that in the PL, nor would he have the support if they're being hammered.
Perhaps.

Bournemouth have new owners I believe, it depends what they are after. They are upgrading their Academy which suggests a longer approach.

If it works or not is conjecture.

Bielsa was genuinely upset about his final season with us, and this could be a perfect chance for him to step in again.

Also he has some breathing space due to the WC to instill his thinking.

I admire him and would love to see him back.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds currently have a game in hand over Afc B and are 1pt behind them.

I will wager anyone here anything up to £1,000 that if Bert becomes manager at Afc B during this WC period that they will finish higher than Leeds this season.

If nobody has the balls to put up £1,000 of their own money i will welcome a number of you getting a syndicate together to place the bet.

Anybody any balls ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:20 pm You know all that meticulous prep Bert does and hours and hours of video watching ?

He'd need a 45 min half of our current crop :roflmao:

If that :tup:

Some need to have the balls to back their mouths up :shhh:

;-)
How did all this prep work out for us???Not to well if memory serves
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:35 pm Leeds currently have a game in hand over Afc B and are 1pt behind them.

I will wager anyone here anything up to £1,000 that if Bert becomes manager at Afc B during this WC period that they will finish higher than Leeds this season.

If nobody has the balls to put up £1,000 of their own money i will welcome a number of you getting a syndicate together to place the bet.

Anybody any balls ?
You want to bet against the football club you claim to support? :duno:

Strange
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:32 pm Perhaps.

Bournemouth have new owners I believe, it depends what they are after. They are upgrading their Academy which suggests a longer approach.

If it works or not is conjecture.

Bielsa was genuinely upset about his final season with us, and this could be a perfect chance for him to step in again.

Also he has some breathing space due to the WC to instill his thinking.

I admire him and would love to see him back.
But his negotiations take weeks, or even months, so the break would be long over. He's just become a grandfather. I can't see him uprooting all by himself for a 6 month contract.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 pm You want to bet against the football club you claim to support? :duno:

Strange
He's not a Leeds fan lol, I think it's pretty obvious. I wonder who he supported before Bert? :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Musicman1965 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:36 pm How did all this prep work out for us???Not to well if memory serves
All this prep just to play Ayling at CB, James up front and Tyler Roberts on a football pitch lol.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still don't get why you would risk sacking a manager who knows the players, who has shown he can get the results required to survive and who is likely on a relatively small wage for someone on far more money who it's known plays an exciting but very risky style and who doesn't know the players?

If O'Neil was doing badly I'd understand.

But he isn't.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 pm You want to bet against the football club you claim to support? :duno:

Strange
Oh don't come at me with all the pc bullshit.

This is a put your money where your mouth is bet, what the hell has who i support got to do with it huh?

If you were asked to put money on who you thought would win the Prem, would you back Leeds coz you support them ?

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:40 pm Oh don't come at me with all the pc bullshit.

This is a put your money where your mouth is bet, what the hell has who i support got to do with it huh?

If you were asked to put money on who you thought would win the Prem, would you back Leeds coz you support them ?
I don't bet on anything so doesn't apply to me.

You by definition want Leeds United to fail so you can prove a point.

It's bizarre.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:39 pm All this prep just to play Ayling at CB, James up front and Tyler Roberts on a football pitch lol.
You can only play the cards your dealt by a clown :lol:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 pm He's not a Leeds fan lol, I think it's pretty obvious. I wonder who he supported before Bert? :duno:
Marseille?

I find that really weird.

I couldn't stand Heckingbottom but I never wanted him to fail just so I could say I told you so.

Weird
Signed

King Cjay

Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:39 pm All this prep just to play Ayling at CB, James up front and Tyler Roberts on a football pitch lol.
This took along time, calculations upon calculations multplying the all factor involved, wind direction the size of ball
the amount of people breaking wind in the crowd..Only to be hammered 6-0.... :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:43 pm I don't bet on anything so doesn't apply to me.

You by definition want Leeds United to fail so you can prove a point.

It's bizarre.
Not at all.

It's to prove how good Bert is, Leeds have absolutely no chance to win fook all this year and survival will be a success, i'm suggesting Bert will walk all over this current Leeds shite by finishing higher.

So have some balls, and don't be looking for get out clauses as per.

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 pm But his negotiations take weeks, or even months, so the break would be long over. He's just become a grandfather. I can't see him uprooting all by himself for a 6 month contract.
We will see.

From history he does his homework.
He entered into talks with Leeds on June 1 2018 and joined on the 15th.

So by that metric he would have a month with an already match fit squad.

Plenty of time to bring his I influence to bear.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:45 pm Not at all.

It's to prove how good Bert is, Leeds have absolutely no chance to win fook all this year and survival will be a success, i'm suggesting Bert will walk all over this current Leeds shite by finishing higher.

So have some balls, and don't be looking for get out clauses as per.
Last game of the season and Bielsa got the job.

Leeds vs Spurs

Everton vs Bournemouth.

Bournemouth in 18th on 35 points with a goal difference of -10

Leeds in 17th on 35points with a goal difference of -9.

Only Leeds or Bournemouth can go down.

Leeds match finishes 0-0 and Bournemouth are 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go.

Leeds going down as thing stand.

You cheering on Bournemouth or Everton?
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:49 pm We will see.

From history he does his homework.
He entered into talks with Leeds on June 1 2018 and joined on the 15th.

So by that metric he would have a month with an already match fit squad.

Plenty of time to bring his I influence to bear.
Apparently we were in discussions with him in April or something. Not a chance he watched 1000s of games in only two weeks.
Last edited by SG90 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:44 pm Marseille?

I find that really weird.

I couldn't stand Heckingbottom but I never wanted him to fail just so I could say I told you so.

Weird
Exactly. I loved Grayson and was gutted when he was sacked, but I didn't want the dog botherers or Preston to beat us. In fact it made me love him more whenever we used to beat him. :love:
Last edited by SG90 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.