The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 21st November) Orta secret talks in Singapore revealed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 21st November) Orta secret talks in Singapore revealed

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 21st November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Orta secret talks in Singapore revealed

Rumours of JJesús Vázquez joining the Whites in January are heating up, after it was revealed that Victor Orta recently held secret talks with his Valencia counterparts in Singapore, regarding the 19 year old left back. It is believed that he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave in the New Year, ending his 14-year association with the La Liga Club.

Vázquez s a regular in the Spain U19 squad, but is still pretty raw. He has made four first team appearances for Gennaro Gattuso's side this season (two as substitute), amassing 148 minutes of game time; but with a 'Whoscored' rating of just 6.15, he may have to wait awhile for his Premier League bow. According to a report from Spanish newspaper AS, the youngsters next step has been discussed, with Premier League football now looking likely.

Could Leeds ditch Kristensen for Scally

Earlier this month, it was disclosed that scouts from Elland Road were in attendance to watch Borussia Monchengladbach take on Dortmund; with many assuming Raphael Guerreiro was the target, but it seems there may have been an additional reason. USA International defender Joe Scally is starting to make a real impression at Monchengladbach.

The versaitile 19 year old right back has started all 15 games for Daniel Farke's side this season, and is widely considered to be one of Europe's top young talents, attracting the attention of both Manchester Utd and Spurs. It seems a little odd that Leeds would want a fourth first team right back in their squad, unless either Kristensen or Scally can play in central defence. With a £20m price-tag, I can't see him playing for the U21's. Scally has the same agent as Adam Forshaw, Cry Summerville, Sam Greenwood, Luis Sinisterra and Brendan Arronsen.

£10m for Drameh

Leeds blogger and reporter Conor McGilligan believes Cody Drameh's days are numbered at Elland Road, and a £10m offer may tempt the Leeds board to sell him. Whilst I can't speak for Radrizzani, I can envisage him having a taxi on standby with his full blessing.

I think from my perspective, Leeds are going to let Cody Drameh go. He wasn’t favoured under Marcelo Bielsa. I think it’s clear that he’s not favoured either on the Jesse Marsch, and I think you’ve got these clubs who are looking at him at the minute – and maybe are willing to put in 10 million quid, I don’t know, or Cody Drameh – I think that is something Leeds are going to exercise. Because if he’s third in the line for two coaches then they’re clearly not fans of him.

Leeds may wait until next Summer to bring forward in

With nine goals for 13 games, Rodrigo has undeniably been the saviour of Elland Road this season thus far. The 31yo has hit a rich vein of form, which undeniably has kept Jesse Marsch in a job, and the fractious relationship between the Elland Road faithful and the Leeds board intact. A lack of signings last January almost cost us our top flight status, but has Radrizzani learnt by his mistakes? Recent articles indicate that because of Rodrigo's form, Leeds may hold off until the Summer to bring a centre forward to the club.

Rodrigo's nine goals are a positive, if a little surprising, aspect to Leeds' 2022/23 campaign but the Spaniard is prone to lengthy periods without finding the net. This is perhaps best exemplified by the 31-year-old's Expected Goals (xG) tally this season, which suggests his total for 2022/23 should be five, rather than nine, based on the quality of chances he has had, according to football data experts Opta.

Of course, there are two sides to every coin and Rodrigo's overperformance - the third highest in the division - could be a reflection of his elite finishing. After all, he has scored nine from just 13 shots on target, and the only two players with a larger statistical overperformance are Erling Haaland and James Maddison, whose quality in the final third is undeniable.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 21st November) Orta secret talks in Singapore revealed

Post by 1964white »

If the rumours are correct that Drameh is on his way & our other option an ageing Ayling, we'll require another right-back.

Why would get rid of Rasmas Kristensen, who'll no doubt have a decent campaign with Denmark in the World Cup?

Rasmas is currently in the top six of MOT's MOTM's & Player ratings
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 21st November) Orta secret talks in Singapore revealed

Post by Ellandback1 »

Untitled-2 copy.jpg
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Rasmas has really grown into the position and can't see us doing anything radical in terms of moving him on.

It's a funny old game - if there was a rumour that we were in for a striker who was standing 4th in the goalscorer charts in the most difficult league in the world and had scored 9 from 13 shots, we would be ecstatic. The fact that it's Rodrigo and he already plays for us doesn't give him a free pass with a lot of fans.
Poor Paddy could take 13 shots and not hit the target.
Think we still need another striker though asap - if Rodders gets injured, we could be in trouble ..... again.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Perfectly put 1964 White.
Concise, and accurate.
Saved me having to write it.
Last edited by 8ballali on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Joe Scally plays for Moenchengladbach's first team and the USMNT, why would he want to play u21s? Just think it's lazy journalism as he's American. Bet Paul would be excited though lol.

I think it's a mistake to bank on Rodrigo. He has a long absence without a goal already this season, and only scored in patches. Bamfraud can't score unless the stadium is empty. Once again we're gambling, but that is the Radz way unfortunately. He will never learn until it hits him in the wallet.

At some point Orta has to be told no. We need first team players not u21s. No one cares about the u21s league. It defeats the purpose of development anyway, if we can't develop our own players anymore. Even the u18s are full of bought players and not homegrown.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:20 am If the rumours are correct that Drameh is on his way & our other option an ageing Ayling, we'll require another right-back.

Why would get rid of Rasmas Kristensen, who'll no doubt have a decent campaign with Denmark in the World Cup?

Rasmas is currently in the top six of MOT's MOTM's & Player ratings
I think RK has done okay but wouldn't exactly say we shouldn't be looking to improve on that position if we can, yes other areas might be more of a priority but if we can improve the position and get our money back on RK or make a profit then it's a good situation.

I do suspect though that it is the lazy journalism simply linking us with an American player.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Make sense Leeds investing at lwb. Youth one fits our model.

Rod in the goals now. Lively to see.

This bollocks about him being no good because he us patchy is just that.

Most strikers are. 9 in 13 with an injury in between.

Phenomenal.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
We all know fully well we won't be getting another striker, we all know fully well we need a LB.
CD may well be on his way because he's unwilling to wait his turn, down to him, let's see where he ends up, if he wants 90 minutes every saturday at Ipswich then fair enough, that's the lads ambition.
The rest is speculation.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Agree that the U21’s are the future.

Trouble is, we may not have a future in the Premier League if we don’t invest in the first team.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:34 am Make sense Leeds investing at lwb. Youth one fits our model.

Rod in the goals now. Lively to see.

This bollocks about him being no good because he us patchy is just that.

Most strikers are. 9 in 13 with an injury in between.

Phenomenal.
Probably would have been 10 in 13 had he been on the pitch and taken the penalty against Arsenal
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

SG90 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:15 am Joe Scally plays for Moenchengladbach's first team and the USMNT, why would he want to play u21s? Just think it's lazy journalism as he's American. Bet Paul would be excited though lol.

I think it's a mistake to bank on Rodrigo. He has a long absence without a goal already this season, and only scored in patches. Bamfraud can't score unless the stadium is empty. Once again we're gambling, but that is the Radz way unfortunately. He will never learn until it hits him in the wallet.

At some point Orta has to be told no. We need first team players not u21s. No one cares about the u21s league. It defeats the purpose of development anyway, if we can't develop our own players anymore. Even the u18s are full of bought players and not homegrown.
Not really. Scally is a good young player. But I would not trade him for Rasmus Kristensen. Although he did make our World Cup squad his performances for the National Team have not been great. For me the jury is still out on him.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:13 pm Not really. Scally is a good young player. But I would not trade him for Rasmus Kristensen. Although he did make our World Cup squad his performances for the National Team have not been great. For me the jury is still out on him.
Thanks Paul. RB isn't necessary atm but will be come the summer.