Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Spain v Costa Rica

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:54 pm Bet no one got this score right
They would deserve bonus points if they had,
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This may be the absolute perfect performance from Spain.

7-0
16 shots 8 on target
82% possession
93% pass accuracy.

Costa Rica haven't had a shot
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I’m probably not paying attention but why is it now the norm in every half of this WC to have minimum 8 minutes added on
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Spain looking very good. I thought they were the best side at Euro 2020 tbh.

As for Japan, not a huge shock imo. Very underrated side. 6/1 to win and all. Thank you 8-)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:58 pm This may be the absolute perfect performance from Spain.

7-0
16 shots 8 on target
82% possession
93% pass accuracy.

Costa Rica haven't had a shot
If that was Leeds, we'd probably lose :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:27 pm Yes
And only celebrating on a red light, turns green then they move
Wonderful. So well mannered, compare that to our chavvy beer louts. :roll:

Best "away" fans I've ever seen were the Japan fans v England :clap:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The reason for at least 8 mins added on, is because FIFA are fed up with the time wasters and are adding time on at the end of each half, if PL do the same, which they should, then when we lake the shitty boring villas, evertons and wolves, at least we will have plenty more time to try score.
Spain were excellent in attack, never bothered in defence at all so won't know how good they are, full credit to them though, can only hammer the team in front of you, and that they did.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:01 pm I’m probably not paying attention but why is it now the norm in every half of this WC to have minimum 8 minutes added on
Fifa ordered referees to add on time for any stopages.

It's brilliant.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63710986.amp
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 pm Fifa ordered referees to add on time for any stopages.

It's brilliant.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63710986.amp
Well they should look at it for the time wasting twats in the PL then.
Also with some injuries they should be off straight away with a replacement, temporary if they are ok to continue. Too many “tactical” injuries. Game slows down & becomes boring. Like the kicking the ball into touch for cramp.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Looking forward to seeing Canada. First time I've seen them in a WC before. Onemore must be buzzing! :-D
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Germany lost I see, oh dear, what a shame, never mind!

With Spain to play next up they really are in danger of going out before the knockout stages, in fact before the final game of the league stage. I can’t see Japan not beating Costa Rica on today’s evidence so if they lose to Spain then it’s goodbye Germany before the knockout stages for the second World Cup in a row.

FIFA have backed themselves into a corner by (corruptly, undeservedly and erroneously) awarding Qatar the staging of The World Cup in the first place. Had it been elsewhere then they would have had no armband controversy (and potential court case) to deal with, no human rights issues to try and excuse (see Infantino’s ludicrous speech) and there would have been no political correctness posturing to spoil the enjoyment of the football, serves ‘em right I suppose.

But also serves Germany right if they go out at an early stage. They’ve allowed themselves to become distracted by concentrating more on virtue signalling rather than on playing football. I’ll say it again, football teams are there to play football, pure and simple, they really ought to leave the politics to politicians.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Belgium v Canada

Post by SG90 »

Charlie Ket on the bench for Belgium
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Canada in full voice. They were sneaky good in qualification and have true top quality in David and Davies. Could see them sneaking it vs a probably just past its prime Belgium.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:56 pm Germany lost I see, oh dear, what a shame, never mind!

With Spain to play next up they really are in danger of going out before the knockout stages, in fact before the final game of the league stage. I can’t see Japan not beating Costa Rica on today’s evidence so if they lose to Spain then it’s goodbye Germany before the knockout stages for the second World Cup in a row.

FIFA have backed themselves into a corner by (corruptly, undeservedly and erroneously) awarding Qatar the staging of The World Cup in the first place. Had it been elsewhere then they would have had no armband controversy (and potential court case) to deal with, no human rights issues to try and excuse (see Infantino’s ludicrous speech) and there would have been no political correctness posturing to spoil the enjoyment of the football, serves ‘em right I suppose.

But also serves Germany right if they go out at an early stage. They’ve allowed themselves to become distracted by concentrating more on virtue signalling rather than on playing football. I’ll say it again, football teams are there to play football, pure and simple, they really ought to leave the politics to politicians.
When it's in the US, all we'll hear about is abortion. If it was in England, they'd have something to complain about too. Doesn't really matter who hosts it, do gooders will try to make it about them.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So disappointing to see all these empty seats. I wish I was going this year, could've watched so many games lol.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Penalty Canada!
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Pentaly Canada. Thoroughly deserved.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Awful spot kick
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:00 pm When it's in the US, all we'll hear about is abortion. If it was in England, they'd have something to complain about too. Doesn't really matter who hosts it, do gooders will try to make it about them.
Yes, you could have a point there SG90, which is why I’m desperate for football, all sport in fact, to be depoliticised. As I say the players, managers and football authorities should limit themselves to the business of football and get out of the business of politics before it all gets out of hand (if it hasn’t already done so).
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:10 pmAwful spot kick
Dreadful