General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

No, they're all good imo. Don't have netflix or anything, so just buy old DVD boxsets off of ebay.

Shaka Zulu is great if you're interested in that culture and story. Reggie Perrin hasn't aged well imo... first series is still funny, but diminishing returns after that. Of the Morse series, thought Endeavour was the best. Add Foyle's War to that. Brett's Holmes is definitive, for me, although Faaip will disagree. Game of Thrones, the first five or six seasons are brilliant, but they ruined the end. Still well worth watching though.
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

Killer Sally
Designated survivor
Pepsi, wheres my jet?
Narcos and Narcos Mexico
Love Death and Robots
Queen of the South

Some of the programmes I've watched and enjoyed.

Yep, I binge watch loads when I'm doing a night shift 😆

All on netflix, it's pretty obvious I went through a Mexico drug cartel obsession as well by that list 🤔
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’m watching episodes of Minder on t’internet at the moment, in between the footy, and really enjoying it. Just coming to the end of season 3 currently and it’s great watching actors such as Bill Nighy and Pete Postlethwaite in their younger days as well as the brilliant George Cole and his foil Dennis Waterman at the top of their game. It’s the sort of British program that was taken for granted then; well written, well acted, light and amusing, with relatable characters and interesting story lines but with no attempt at indoctrination or propaganda.

What has happened to tele these days?
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:40 pm Anyone recommend any good binge watch ?
If you like true crime...

The Night Stalker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mva2nGveYss

The Ripper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcFtS9wpoF0

Evil Genius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpdb9zo_1t8
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:25 am No, they're all good imo. Don't have netflix or anything, so just buy old DVD boxsets off of ebay.

Shaka Zulu is great if you're interested in that culture and story. Reggie Perrin hasn't aged well imo... first series is still funny, but diminishing returns after that. Of the Morse series, thought Endeavour was the best. Add Foyle's War to that. Brett's Holmes is definitive, for me, although Faaip will disagree. Game of Thrones, the first five or six seasons are brilliant, but they ruined the end. Still well worth watching though.
Absolutely ... Game of Thrones works right up to "The Long Night" series 8 which is a stunning piece of TV, after that if finishes badly

... Only the Queens Gambit beats it as the ending is absolutely perfect and the acting, atmosphere and set pieces, magnificent...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm watching 1883 and The Tulsa King at the moment, The Devil's Hour also and to lighten it a touch, Minx and Mammals
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:19 am I’m watching episodes of Minder on t’internet at the moment, in between the footy, and really enjoying it. Just coming to the end of season 3 currently and it’s great watching actors such as Bill Nighy and Pete Postlethwaite in their younger days as well as the brilliant George Cole and his foil Dennis Waterman at the top of their game. It’s the sort of British program that was taken for granted then; well written, well acted, light and amusing, with relatable characters and interesting story lines but with no attempt at indoctrination or propaganda.

What has happened to tele these days?
Superb watching that , absolute class :clap: , although some of the clobber back in t' day was a tad funny, although then it was in style.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

And people were moaning about the heat 🙄
Bloody depressing weather. Roll on summer😀
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:27 pm And people were moaning about the heat 🙄
Bloody depressing weather. Roll on summer😀

Isn't it, mate.

I love the hot/warm weather.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:31 pm Absolutely ... Game of Thrones works right up to "The Long Night" series 8 which is a stunning piece of TV, after that if finishes badly

... Only the Queens Gambit beats it as the ending is absolutely perfect and the acting, atmosphere and set pieces, magnificent...
I'd really like to see the Queen's Gambit, but don't think it's available on DVD.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

just filled my car with diesel at a local garage at 161p a litre.

Asda 20 miles further down the road 186p a litre.

Why the massive difference ? I assume the local garage is still making a profit.

About time the media started asking proper questions on why everything is so expensive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Thanks all, looks like a good few to keep me going, i've seen the Narcos series and enjoyed them.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sara !!!

wtf's going on no shite posted for yonks, get a grip on yer thread girl !!!

Bit of a lightweight Royal Variety tonight dontcha fink, we've only just buried her and Charles and horseface can't be arsed to show up, sending celebrity royal 'z' listers Teddy and whatsherface......You'd better shape up King Charles springer spaniel, i get's a feeling your public subjects might be calling for tha heed soon son if tha doesn't shape thasen.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ooo Ooo Pub landlord coming up soon, i like him.

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:34 pm just filled my car with diesel at a local garage at 161p a litre.

Asda 20 miles further down the road 186p a litre.

Why the massive difference ? I assume the local garage is still making a profit.

About time the media started asking proper questions on why everything is so expensive.
1.68 q litre today, lowest in a while.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

A bit late there champ he posted on 29th Nov.

Better late than never suppose though.

;@)
hector

Post by hector »

Alice in borderland series 2 is now available :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:37 am Alice in borderland series 2 is now available :mrgreen:
Cheers Hector, I'll watch that as the first series was good :tup:

Wonder if they'll make Squid Game 2?

I imagine there's a XXX version called The Squirt Games :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:37 am Alice in borderland series 2 is now available :mrgreen:
Saw that...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watched the highlight of Christmas TV last night.

All Creatures Great & Small