The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th November) - Adams shuts down Iranian journalist

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th November) - Adams shuts down Iranian journalist

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 29th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Adams shut down Iranian journalist

During the pre match presser between the USA and Iran, Adams left an Iranian news reporter speechless. Clearly looking for trouble, the Iranian journalist tackled the Leeds midfielder on his pronunciation of his Country and then interrogated him on human rights issues.

Tensions were already high after US soccer officials deliberately left out the Islamic Republic emblem in the Iranian flag on a twitter post showing the group B standings as a protest, following the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini, who was killed after being arrested by Iran’s morality police for wearing “inappropriate” clothing.

Journalist: Are you okay to be representing a country that has so much discrimination against Black people in its own borders? And we saw the Black Lives Matter movement over the past few years.

Adams: My apologies on the mispronunciation of your country. Adams said. There’s discrimination everywhere you go. One thing that I’ve learned, especially from living abroad in the past years and having to fit in different cultures, is that in the US, we’re continuing to make progress every single day.

I grew up in a White family, with obviously an African-American heritage and background as well. I had a little bit of a different cultures, and I was very easily able to assimilate in different cultures, so not everyone has that ease and the ability to do that.

Obviously, it takes longest to understand and through education, I think, is super important. Like, you just educated me now on the pronunciation of your country. It’s a process. I think as long as you see progress, that’s the important thing.

Leeds withdraw contract offer to Drameh

Leeds Utd have withdrawn the offer of a contract extension to Cody Drameh, prompting speculation that he has played his last game for Leeds Utd, and will be gone in January.

The Dulwich born right back, who turns 21 next month, came through the youth ranks at Craven Cottage before joining Leeds during the 2020 Summer transfer window, for £1m. He's played a handful of games for the first team, but not regularly. He joined Cardiff on loan during the second half of last season, impressing so much, he was named, both their player of the season, and young player of the season. Unfortunately, back at LS11, he has failed to make a dent in Jesse Marsch squad.

Drameh seems to be living up to his name. It is rumoured that his temperament has been called into question more than once, prompting speculation that he wants out. He has 19 months left on his contract.

Adams is one of the best Midfielders at the World Cup

Plaudits continue to reign down on Tyler Adams, as Team USA face what could be their last game in the 2022 World Cup. Nothing less than a win against Iran is needed, to take Gregg Berhalter's team through to the knockout stages, and a date with destiny.

Cast aside by RB Leipzig as surplus to requirements, Adams has taken the Premier League by storm since his £20m Summer move, and has quickly become a crowd favourite at Elland Road. At just 23yo, Adams is the youngest Captain at the World Cup, a responsibility he relishes, yet takes in his stride. Speaking on FOX's World Cup Now show, former USA International's DaMarcus Beasley and Sacha Kljestan expressed their admiration for the Leeds star...

What he does for the US team is incredible. The way he tracks back, the way he covers… watch his aggression, look at his heart. You can tell he wants to win. It doesn’t matter who gave up the ball he’s gonna yell at… if it’s Christian [Pulisic], if it’s [Brenden] Aaronson, [Tim] Weah, it doesn’t matter. He just wants to win. His ability to be able to know when to… play simple, play long balls. I think he has a very high ceiling and I think he is one of the best midfielders in this tournament. Not just with the national team, but in this tournament.

I did say high ceiling but he doesn't have one, you know. I think he's that good and I think he's showing… and he’s even said it - this is the best he's felt, the best he’s played in a long time in his career so far. And he's only 23, and that’s crazy to say. But he's playing lights out. It's like he can't do anything wrong at the moment. And he's so important to the team and that's why Gregg Berhalter named him captain - cause they don't want to take him off the field and he's that important.'

Would you sell Adams if the money was right?

It's fair to say that Europe's elite are seeing the very best of Tyler Adams. He is making quite a name for himself on the biggest stage of them all. With the transfer window opening in little more than a month, would you consider selling him if a ridiculous offer were to come in for him, assuming Leeds could spend that money on new players! How much would it have to be?

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th November) Adams shut down Iranian journalist

Post by Chilli D »

Sell Adams?
Absolutely not unless the offer was north of 80 million.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th November) - Adams shuts down Iranian journalist

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I think I remember some not wanting Adams here because of his temperament.

He seems to have left this behind him and developed into a top player. He is already the leading candidate for player of the season in my eyes.

I just hope for the club's sake the USA don't progress so the eyes of the world are no longer on him.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th November) - Adams shuts down Iranian journalist

Post by Chilli D »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:02 am

I just hope for the club's sake the USA don't progress so the eyes of the world are no longer on him.
I'm in two minds. I'd like to see the USA go through but if they don't, we should get Adams and Aaronson back injury free with plenty of time for them to prepare for the resumption of the season.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I think Cody Drameh will go out on loan in January with a view to a permanent move in the summer.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:09 am I think Cody Drameh will go out on loan in January with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

If he has no future at Leeds then we need to sell him, asap.

We already have too many players out 'on loan' we'll never get a transfer fee for.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Absolutely no to selling Adams or any of our other consistent players.

Time the board woke up to the fact, we should be building on what we have acquired, not flogging them.

We won't achieve success if we refuse to build a competent, quality team.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:42 am Absolutely no to selling Adams or any of our other consistent players.

Time the board woke up to the fact, we should be building on what we have acquired, not flogging them.

We won't achieve success if we refuse to build a competent, quality team.
Not even for £70m?
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Can not blame Cody Drameh for wanting to be more involved with the Leeds United first team. After reading the article on this thread its clear that reports from other sources suggest that its a mixture of not having the game time and the fact that Cody is down the pecking order. Can not find any information relating to temperament so this might be an excuse to justify the supposed withdrawl of a contract offer.
We are going to lose Cody to another club if we are not careful.
If he was first choice back up to Ramus then I reckon the problem would not exist. Lets see what happens.....
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Good morning, EB et all

I think Adams is definitely one of the best signings we made for a few years and if he stays, he's our next Captain. He spoke really well, answered the question without getting flustered nor attacking Iran's own discrimination issues and as he said we learn every day and if you see progress that's the important thing - Well done Tyler :tup:

Would I sell him not a chance, like I said yesterday we should be looking to build the team around but as we all know money talks.

Cody just doesn't seem to want to be here so let him go
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Rook wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:26 am If he has no future at Leeds then we need to sell him, asap.

We already have too many players out 'on loan' we'll never get a transfer fee for.
Agreed. Sell him for £5-10m and use the funds to bring in a couple of loans.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

I think that both Adams and Aaronson would benefit from the USA staying longer in the World Cup, so we benefit. As for selling him, no not unless it is absolutely bonkers price.

Cody should be back up to Rasmus, as it is he is third string at best. I don't think another loan spell will do him or the club any good. Suspect temperament?? So did Adams and Summerville, they are looking good. I say don't sell, play him as back up with a genuine chance to usurp Rasmus, see how he reacts. If he won't then sell.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Lewis Bate's loan ends in January with Oxford. Any talk about him returning or maybe moving to the Championship?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

USA and Iran seem hell bent to kicking over the beehive this WC.

Glad Adams has raised his stock at in Qatar. Tie him down on a new contact

Drameh is just at the wrong place at the wrong time, he does seem antsy over getting game time, which is probably one of the reasons he came to us in the first place. Pity. I cant say he is any good or not as he hasnt had the games, I had hoped he would hold his peace until the Summer and challenge Rasmus next season.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:03 pm USA and Iran seem hell bent to kicking over the beehive this WC.

Glad Adams has raised his stock at in Qatar. Tie him down on a new contact

Drameh is just at the wrong place at the wrong time, he does seem antsy over getting game time, which is probably one of the reasons he came to us in the first place. Pity. I cant say he is any good or not as he hasnt had the games, I had hoped he would hold his peace until the Summer and challenge Rasmus next season.
With Drameh, I think it's more about going back to the u21s after playing first team football. Which I completely understand, he's way beyond that level now.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

For the moment , all the talk regards TA is just that, talk, yea he's having a good world cup, all players are in the shop window, the bigger clubs are all lurking with intent, and the media are looking for next exclusive, Gapko is now apparently not coming to Leeds, but going to old trafford, they can afford his massive hike due to him scoring a few goals.
TA,ought to be on a long term contract, I assume he's very happy at ER and knows JM very well, don't think he's looking for a move at all, would I sell, no, we just got him in, he understands the system, between him and MR we are stronger than when KP was here by a long shot, build round these players, where's our ambition !!
CD, is obviously still upset from whem MB was in charge and left him in the cold when he could, and should have had chance through injury / suspension, but did the square peg job instead, thing is, he hasn't got the minutes at Leeds so no one knows if he'll make it or not, as a few of us have said, use them or lose them, player of the year at cardiff is hardly a sign he'll cut it in the PL, but, as I say, at least give the kid a chance.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

What a wonderful response from the young man, very educated and diplomatic, using his words carefully but truly, impressed.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Tyler Adams.

Wow.

Every day he impresses a little more, both on and off the pitch. Do not sell for any price.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

If LUFC want to become a contending club again they must KEEP players like Tyler Adams and improve the squad around him. He is the crown jewel in a pretty good summer signing period. We brought in 5 starting eleven quality players. And started the transition from the Bielsa/Championship era. Now is the time to ADD pieces. A CAM, Left Back, and Center Back should be on the short list. The club needs stability and patience right now.

I would sell Cody Drameh in January if possible. At age 21 he should be competing for a spot in the starting eleven. But he's not even close right now. I don't see him competing with Rasmus for the RB spot anytime soon. He needs to play somewhere, establish his career, and make a living. A permanent move to the Championship would suit him.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

A marquee centre back signing would be pretty high on my short list