Gutted

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Gutted

Post by weasel »

Leeds United have added another friendly to their winter break schedule. 🇪🇸

Jesse Marsch's side will travel to Spain to face La Liga's Elche on Thursday 8th December (KO: 7:15pm UK time).

Wish I was still in Spain, Elche was less than an hour from where I lived and would have gone. Drove through Elche a few times going to the big DIY centre there.
mentalcase

Re: Gutted

Post by mentalcase »

I'm in Benidorm that week
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:09 pm I'm in Benidorm that week
Try and go - Elche is probably about 1 hour away from Benidorm. Best time of year for Benidorm, weather should be in the low 20s and not too busy, my Dad used to always go around this time of year every year prior to Covid.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:04 pm Try and go - Elche is probably about 1 hour away from Benidorm. Best time of year for Benidorm, weather should be in the low 20s and not too busy, my Dad used to always go around this time of year every year prior to Covid.
Yea will do, just in midst of arranging things, was due to be out there myself now with others in Calpe but have had to have more tests back home, there was a good turn out of Leeds in Benners last night :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

IMG-20221129-WA0018.jpg
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 pm Leeds United have added another friendly to their winter break schedule. 🇪🇸

Jesse Marsch's side will travel to Spain to face La Liga's Elche on Thursday 8th December (KO: 7:15pm UK time).

Wish I was still in Spain, Elche was less than an hour from where I lived and would have gone. Drove through Elche a few times going to the big DIY centre there.

Are Elche CF any good?

Is La Liga any good outside of the top few teams? Genuine question, Spanish football never really appaled to me, but they consistemtly produce great players.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am Are Elche CF any good?

Is La Liga any good outside of the top few teams? Genuine question, Spanish football never really appaled to me, but they consistemtly produce great players.
I don't really know much about them to be honest. I think when I was in Spain they were in the 3rd division so didn't go to see them at all (went to a match at Valencia and another at Albacete). It was more a case of noticing the stadium when driving near it and sort of thinking it looked a decent stadium considering they were in the 3rd tier - I'd never heard of them before and was unaware that they had been a La Liga side just a few years previously.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

Would have been a nice break but can’t justify it again this year with things going on in the background. It’s a pain with another home friendly just announced too with it being just before Christmas. Do the club think we are all made of money?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:30 pm Would have been a nice break but can’t justify it again this year with things going on in the background. It’s a pain with another home friendly just announced too with it being just before Christmas. Do the club think we are all made of money?
LUFC obviously do, Heidi :(

Not many from the East Yorkshire branch going to the friendly at ER.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So not a sea fishing thread then?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I caught a cod last week. I was aiming for haddock. Gutted
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:42 pm So not a sea fishing thread then?
Ficial bait……….as opposed to click bait 🤔
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:42 pm So not a sea fishing thread then?
Nope, you're in the wrong plaice.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:26 pm Nope, you're in the wrong plaice.
That’s a crab joke
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:54 pm That’s a crab joke
Is that offishial
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:36 am Is that offishial
No it’s absolute codswallop.
Weasel must be bewildered by this, eel regret starting this thread.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 pm Leeds United have added another friendly to their winter break schedule. 🇪🇸

You are not that far from Leeds for the ER friendly, are you, Weasel?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Monaco at ER also added Wednesday 21 December 7pm

Argh that's my last day before Christmas and our work Christmas party :(
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Lufcheidi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:30 pmDo the club think we are all made of money?
No doubt we'll be told there's no money in January too!
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

SG90 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:38 pm No doubt we'll be told there's no money in January too!
After loads saying we didn't need to be in the next round of the Carabao Cup as we had too many games it's better to get knocked out, we'll have played another three games due to the stupid timing of the World Cup too. That said, I would have loved to have gone to the Elche game this week but can't afford it.
If the rumour's are true I feel that Harrison will be on his way. Who else is a guessing game but possibly Drameh is another. Gelhardt may go out on loan so there could be a freeing of wages to bring someone else in although who is anybody's guess. Having lost the case against Augustin, maybe the money is destined to go there! Only time will tell.