Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Cameroon v Brazil + Serbia v Switzerland

Post by The Subhuman »

Interesting last sixteen, we could and maybe should see a European half and a Rest of the World half

Argentina v USA
Brazil v Japan
---------------------------
England v France
Spain v Portugal

Quarters
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Yes there sure seems like a lot of England bashers on here. From what I've seen so far I think England have as much chance of winning it as anyone else. I don't think I've seen one team that made me think "Yes they look like they are a cut above everyone else". And yes I've seen Brazil, Germany, France, Argentina, Portugal, Spain, Belgium and Italy (if they'd have made it) . :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Brazil, France and Portugal all rested players as they were already through as group winners, so those results don't really have a bearing. Also Japan are a good team, just the usual arrogance to discount them as the media have done.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Netherlands v USA. 3pm

Post by 1964white »

Good news for the USA

USA have confirmed that Chelsea forward Christian Pulisic will be fit to face the Dutch.

Pulisic suffered a pelvic injury when scoring the winner against Iran, while USA striker Josh Sargent also picked up a knock in that game.

Come on Tyler & Brenden :-D show the rest of the world how good you are :soccer:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:20 am Yes there sure seems like a lot of England bashers on here. From what I've seen so far I think England have as much chance of winning it as anyone else. I don't think I've seen one team that made me think "Yes they look like they are a cut above everyone else". And yes I've seen Brazil, Germany, France, Argentina, Portugal, Spain, Belgium and Italy (if they'd have made it) . :)
I'm not an England basher, I don't like Southgate as a manager or Kane as a footballer but I have little problem with anyone else including Grealish who I think is one of the best players in England...

I'm just not interested in watching them really and wouldn't say I'm an England fan... As first generation English it's probably not a surprise though I am a big England cricket fan
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BobHirst wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:20 am Yes there sure seems like a lot of England bashers on here. From what I've seen so far I think England have as much chance of winning it as anyone else. I don't think I've seen one team that made me think "Yes they look like they are a cut above everyone else". And yes I've seen Brazil, Germany, France, Argentina, Portugal, Spain, Belgium and Italy (if they'd have made it) . :)
Good luck to England

It wasn't so long ago the majority of fans on here were slagging England off after their Nations Cup/friendlies exploits over the last two years.

Now we are at the business end of the World Cup, let's see how they cope against the better sides as opposed to their victories vs championship outfits Aran & Wales. At times, the USA made us look daft.

Time for England to put their best foot forward & perform consistently well in their next four matches, that would be a first in a very long time. If we manage that feat, we may actually win it :victor:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It's the arrogance of the fans, the media and the players that makes it hard to route for England. The last time I enjoyed England playing was Euro 2004. Greece have won more in my lifetime than England, so we're not this superpower the media thinks we are. I thought the Nations League humbling would've calmed things down this year, but the fans and media think beating Wales is on a par with beating Brazil. It's not like the players care either. They think they're too good to play for England. Give me the likes of Beckham, Ince, Shearer, Seaman, Owen, Gazza etc anyday.

England need to shut up and do the talking on the pitch. They've achieved nothing yet.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The very best of luck today USA fans.

I wouldn't be saying that to any others only Leeds USA fans, i wouldn't normally give a flying fck, but you've garnered some interest for me.

England ?

There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win this WC, i have seen nothing special to fear and think we can beat ALL.

Gareth Southgate is the only reason, should we fall, it is his failure and not the players at his disposal.

We have a 'B' team out of the squad of players, that in the right hands, could also beat these that are left.

PLAY TO YOUR PLAYERS STRENGTHS GARETH YOU PRICK AND GO WITH THE ENGLAND CRICKETERS ATTITUDE OF 'FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE!

And the same goes for Eddie Jones for the Rugby Union WC...England board of selectors, either sack the Aussie prick or tell him to produce our best players and strategy and play to our strengths, and not 'what he thinks might work'

Myself, i'd sack him now and bring in some new guy with fresh attacking ideas for the 6 nations.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I think the USA will beat Netherlands.

Netherlands haven't been that good.

But I'd like to see them do well for Van Gaal, like Van Gaal.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:55 pm I think the USA will beat Netherlands.

Netherlands haven't been that good.

But I'd like to see them do well for Van Gaal, like Van Gaal.
You'd rather see a Liverpool player progress rather than our two lads :shock: Because you can't have van Gaal do well AND our lads. One team gas to go. Which is it :)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

SG90 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:33 am It's the arrogance of the fans, the media and the players that makes it hard to route for England. The last time I enjoyed England playing was Euro 2004. Greece have won more in my lifetime than England, so we're not this superpower the media thinks we are. I thought the Nations League humbling would've calmed things down this year, but the fans and media think beating Wales is on a par with beating Brazil. It's not like the players care either. They think they're too good to play for England. Give me the likes of Beckham, Ince, Shearer, Seaman, Owen, Gazza etc anyday.

England need to shut up and do the talking on the pitch. They've achieved nothing yet.
I don’t see much arrogance from genuine England fans, I think, over the years, we’ve come to know our place in World football. We are currently ranked 5th in the world so, if we beat Senegal (a big if), a place in the quarter finals would be par for England, any further would be an overachievement. We’ve got to the last 16 with the best record of any team in the competition and are still in with a chance of winning it, but I don’t think many England fans expect that we will. I don’t particularly rate Southgate (or even like him due to his unnecessary and counterproductive insistence on empty virtue signalling) but I’ll be cheering them on for as far as they are able to go.

There are too many fans in this country who let club rivalries trump their support for the national side which is, I believe, fairly unique to England. I am an ardent Leeds United fan and because I’m English, I’m an ardent England fan too. Whether or not there is any Leeds United connection in the squad or whether it comprises players from rival club sides makes no difference to me.

Unless your team is ranked number 1 in the world you wouldn’t expect to win the World Cup, but England over achieved last time out getting to the semi final and indeed over achieved in the last European competition getting to the final. We haven’t won anything since 1966 but are usually there or thereabouts doing as well, if not better, than our ranking at the time suggests we should.

So come on England!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:00 pm You'd rather see a Liverpool player progress rather than our two lads :shock: Because you can't have van Gaal do well AND our lads. One team gas to go. Which is it :)
Well no :)

I'd rather see Adams and Aaronson progress (even though Aaronson hardly plays).

But Van Gaal is funny and seems a nice bloke :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We should be stuffing Senegal, the Dutch beat them 2-0 at ease, Senegal now have 3 injured players that would normally start ,and the Dutch have nowt special after Van Dick and a couple of others that hardly play for top clubs.

You've got your wish Paul !!

The Ferrari is starting, start your engines buddy !!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I think USA are gonna win this.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

USA Starting Eleven is out. Walker Zimmerman back at Center Back. And Jesus Ferreira will finally make his World Cup debut up top.

Pulisic------------------------Ferreira--------------------------Weah

------------Musah------------Adams-------------McKennie-------

Robinson-------Ream-------------Zimmerman------------Dest

-------------------------------Turner-------------------------------------
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great start from the USA.

I'd love Pulisic at ER.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:07 pm Great start from the USA.

I'd love Pulisic at ER.
You beat me to it!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:09 pm You beat me to it!
Drat! Spoke too soon :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Have to say a superb goal from Netherlands
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh dear!