Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Netherlands v USA. 3pm

Post by A Tourist »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:56 pm Did well the US tbf.

Got some good young players.

As John said they need a striker though.

Anyone coming through?
Not really. Pepi, who missed out to Ferrieira, and should have played today imo. However, if he was clinical, it wouldnt be a question.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:58 pm The quality of the Dutch & the naivety of the USA was the difference today.

Still think the 3-1 scoreline flattered Holland.
Agree
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:50 pm A striker is what you need, John :tup:
What does this USA team look like with a World Class Striker? Imagine Erling Haaland in this side.....

I'm praying that somewhere in the World there is an 18 year Striker with a U.S. Passport ready to break out.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:56 pm No more Leeds in the WC!
Into the third year of our PL stint, a club of Leeds United's stature should have more players going to the World Cup, says it all about our squad.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:46 pm We should be slapping them silly if he goes at them, Foden, Rashford, Kane, Saka, Trent Arnold, Trippier, Bellingham...what do they do for their clubs huh ?...They attack, they score goals, they provide assists week in and week out, get a grip man, if this dickhead goes out with a whimper i could be up for murder.

And if he goes out and down fighting i'll be the first one to say it and give him the thumbs up, as long as we give it our best shot and play to our strengths.
The difference is Kenneth we have no midfield. Who is England's regista? Please don't say Bellingham! He is box to box.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Good game that. USA gave a good account of themselves in the 2nd half with Adams showing his usual belligerence and non-stop style, winning the ball and then a simple pass on. Aaronson was good when he came on, I’m surprised he doesn’t start. But the Dutch were definitely the more canny, clinical and professional team and controlled it for the most part.

That’s all three of our World Cup players back home for a good rest and with time to prepare for the continuation of the league season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:02 pm Into the third year of our PL stint, a club of Leeds United's stature, we should have more players going to the World Cup, says it all about our squad.
Rodrigo was unlucky, but Morata has been great so far tbf and Spain don't really use strikers. Colombia and Italy failed to qualify, other than that we're struggling. Maybe Struijk!? But 2024 looks more likely with an ageing Dutch defence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:02 pm What does this USA team look like with a World Class Striker? Imagine Erling Haaland in this side.....

I'm praying that somewhere in the World there is an 18 year Striker with a U.S. Passport ready to break out.
Would be frightening, Paul.

You Americans should be proud of this young, hard-working group, they have done you proud!
Gabolt
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Gabolt »

The Dutch were clinical as they have been all tournament. They were happy to soak up US pressure. American attack produces chances but has no finishers. Also, Pulisic should never take a set piece again. I didn’t see one good one in tournament.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:07 pm Would be frightening, Paul.

You Americans should be proud of this young, hard-working group, they have done you proud!
Thanks 64!!

I'm absolutely proud of this team. Obviously disappointed. But happy to see our National Team on the ascendency. They are very young. Not a single player in our starting eleven had any WC experience. And now they do. We need to learn from it. And we need to keep developing players that can make it at big clubs in the best leagues. We really didn't have much quality depth in our squad for this tournament.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
mentalcase

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v Australia

Post by mentalcase »

I thought 3-1 flattered the dutch, but fair play, they stuck their chances in, Gatpo won't be coming to Leeds now he's having a good WC, shame .
USA struggled in the final 3rd, no out and out striker was the key, all in all, a good world cup for the USA and if they build on this team, then maybe a QF or even SF next time out !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:09 pm I thought 3-1 flattered the dutch, but fair play, they stuck their chances in, Gatpo won't be coming to Leeds now he's having a good WC, shame .
USA struggled in the final 3rd, no out and out striker was the key, all in all, a good world cup for the USA and if they build on this team, then maybe a QF or even SF next time out !!
My sentiments entirely :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:20 pm Thanks 64!!

I'm absolutely proud of this team. Obviously disappointed. But happy to see our National Team on the ascendency. They are very young. Not a single player in our starting eleven had any WC experience. And now they do. We need to learn from it. And we need to keep developing players that can make it at big clubs in the best leagues. We really didn't have much quality depth in our squad for this tournament.
An excellent reason why your players should take all the plaudits.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

USA must be frustrated with that I’d say. Will definitely be a force in the next WC. And so will Uruguay with the secret (Bert) weapon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I can't see Argentina v Australia being a good game, but we'll see.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

For me the greatest player of all time coming up bar none, i want Argentina to win it if England don't, it would be a travesty if he doesn't get a WC winners medal.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A Tourist wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:00 pm Not really. Pepi, who missed out to Ferrieira, and should have played today imo. However, if he was clinical, it wouldnt be a question.
Whose Pepi?

Do think if you could find a decent striker between now and 2026 you'd potentially get past the last 16.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Come on Leooooo
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:03 pm Whose Pepi?

Do think if you could find a decent striker between now and 2026 you'd potentially get past the last 16.
Ricardo Pepi plays for Augsburg in Germany

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ricardo-p ... ler/627207
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Right, because our clowns a prick, i've taken it upon myself to try and find us a left back, so here goes the kiss of death for the fella.

Now this Aussie LB Behich, i know fck all about him and no idea who he plays for.

Up to now 21 minutes i've been watching his every move, his positional sense, and whether he likes to get forward, just out of interest i ask you to watch him, forget the play and where the ball is, but just track him all you can when he's in view of the camera, he's look pretty good up to now.

Like i said, this has probably just given him the kiss of death (disclaimer)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)