Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LoinerBoy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by LoinerBoy »

Bamford is a shadow of his former 17 goal self and Leeds now belongs to our young guns. IMO Bamford needs to be sold while there is still a scrap of belief left in his goal scoring ability. Fulham paid good money for James so there is hope that some club will pay good money for Bamford. MOT but without Bamford!
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

LoinerBoy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:57 am Bamford is a shadow of his former 17 goal self and Leeds now belongs to our young guns. IMO Bamford needs to be sold while there is still a scrap of belief left in his goal scoring ability. Fulham paid good money for James so there is hope that some club will pay good money for Bamford. MOT but without Bamford!
Exactly what I have been saying. And even if we sold him for nothing, he only cost £7m anyway 4 years go now. Another season like the last one and a bit and no other clubs will be willing to take a punt on him.

It's his reputed £4m a year wages which is the killer.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

LoinerBoy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:57 am Bamford is a shadow of his former 17 goal self and Leeds now belongs to our young guns. IMO Bamford needs to be sold while there is still a scrap of belief left in his goal scoring ability. Fulham paid good money for James so there is hope that some club will pay good money for Bamford. MOT but without Bamford!
James is loan and an unfit Bamford doesn't bring much money in at all. Best kept here for a while...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Patrick Bamford is currently in Germany undergoing what the club describe as a minor groin operation.

He is expected back in 2 weeks.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:01 pm Patrick Bamford is currently in Germany undergoing what the club describe as a minor groin operation.

Back from Germany in 2 weeks?
Or back in training in 2 weeks?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:40 pm Back from Germany in 2 weeks?
Or back in training in 2 weeks?
Back ready to play I think?

In theory . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:01 pm Patrick Bamford is currently in Germany undergoing what the club describe as a minor groin operation.

So a totally different injury to the one he was carrying last season.

So what is his next trick, Paddy has in store for us?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:42 pm Back ready to play I think?

In theory . . . . .
I believe it when I see it, can't see him ever being the No.9 we desperately require up top.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

It's changed from expected back in 2 weeks erm 2 weeks ago to
Signed

King Cjay

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:53 pm It's changed from expected back in 2 weeks erm 2 weeks ago to
Bamfords in a deep hole, we are looking into it.......

I reckon he will be out till Feb, obviously there's a race on to be the player that spends more time on the physio table than Forshaw
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fortunately we can let him recover completely with Rodrigo looking like one of the best in the division and some cracking talent behind...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:16 pm Fortunately we can let him recover completely with Rodrigo looking like one of the best in the division and some cracking talent behind...
Time for the young guns to prove themselves !
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:53 pm It's changed from expected back in 2 weeks erm 2 weeks ago to
Time to do the recent thing and retire, rather than milking us dry for the next 3 and a half years :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

His own fault! :x Stupidly injuring himself after celebrating a goal :x , after weeks out injured. He has not been the same since. What an insult to the medical team at ER. Go now Paddy, stop cheating a living!.....

Or prove me wrong. I'm waiting.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:36 am His own fault! :x Stupidly injuring himself after celebrating a goal :x , after weeks out injured. He has not been the same since. What an insult to the medical team at ER. Go now Paddy, stop cheating a living!.....

That's a forgiving attitude ... sheer bad luck the injury on the celebration. I'm sure the medical team also don't see to that way, so I guess your insulted on their behalf. Paddy is simply human and he's celebrated goals that way before.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:36 am His own fault! :x Stupidly injuring himself after celebrating a goal :x , after weeks out injured. He has not been the same since. What an insult to the medical team at ER. Go now Paddy, stop cheating a living!.....

It's the club's fault for giving him a 5 year contract, when they knew he was already injured.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:27 pm Time to do the recent thing and retire, rather than milking us dry for the next 3 and a half years :roll:
Thats true, not doing a Forshaw special. I am sure he'll make a decent pundit somewhere, he looks the part.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Would he even be good enough as a pundit !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
hector

Post by hector »

If he doesn't injure himself getting into the commentary box
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Funny how some of the same people hate him for being injured hate him when he is available.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa