Big six proposal - Unbelievable or not!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Big six proposal - Unbelievable or not!!!!

Post by The Subhuman »

ATM we're giving those clubs carte blanche to try again and tbh I couldn't care less if they stay or go... They're ruining competition in the prem as it is but the flip side being money would drain away from the prem very quickly, a slightly richer Championship would probably be the result
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Feels like a time to revisit the fate of multiple members of this debacle.

Manchester United- Up for sale, inability to monetize the European game in the same way as American ones as well as the financial climate given as major reasons.

Liverpool- See Manchester United.

Barcelona- Absolutely broke and having to sell parts of itself off just to try and maintain there position in World football.

Juventus- Board has resigned and they are being investigated by UEFA with some reports saying it could be worse than 2006 (they were relegated and stripped of there won title).

Starting to see why they did it :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

I have no interest in these so called big 6, let them go, and hopefully, very few fans will buy into this and they go bust, greed is at the utmost point of the whole enterprise
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It will inevitably happen and Newcastle will probably get included this time around.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:19 pm It will inevitably happen and Newcastle will probably get included this time around.
Doubt it

It was only a way to protect the status quo by the old guard who couldn't compete with the financial power of the new.

Real Madrid, Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Arsenal the driving forces.

All clubs who couldn't compete with the wealth of Manchester City, PSG and the like.

If Liverpool and Manchester United get taken over by supremely wealthy Arabs then they wouldn't care less.

And no ESL will happen without them so.

What it may do though is stop the influx of American investors into European football.

If it isnt possible to monetize European Football in the same way as American sports then they will have no interest.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Let them go, so we can return to some sort of normality in British football.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:02 pm Let them go, so we can return to some sort of normality in British football.
I read Cjays post differently. I thought he was saying that the rich clubs owners are in a pickle, which is why they voted for this so called Super League. To make much needed money. It didn't come off so now they want out.....

I didnt think he was saying that the so called 'Superleague' is back on.

Maybe I got that wron Cjay?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:51 am I read Cjays post differently. I thought he was saying that the rich clubs owners are in a pickle, which is why they voted for this so called Super League. To make much needed money. It didn't come off so now they want out.....

I didnt think he was saying that the so called 'Superleague' is back on.

Maybe I got that wron Cjay?
No exactly right Swannie.

It was always an attempt for the more prestigious clubs shall we say, the Liverpool ,Manchester United, Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid, both Milan clubs to try and find a way to keep up with the new money (City, PSG, Chelsea).

People wondered why Arsenal were involved (and had a chuckle) well because of Stan Kroenke. He had the same mindset (make as much cash as possible and keep Arsenal at the top table) whilst also being invaluable in getting the money together to fund it (he has a very good relationship with JP Morgan for example who put up most of the cash).

Clubs like Chelsea and Atletico Madrid and even Manchester City joined out of fear of being left behind I suppose (and the powers behind the ESL needed there star power).

Barcelona as has become clear are absolutely broke (as it turns out so were Juventus).

But you only need to look at the ESL board to see who was behind it

Florentino Perez (Real Madrid)
Stan Kroenke (Arsenal)
John W Henry (Liverpool)
Andrea Agnelli (Juventus)
Joel Glazer (Manchester United).

2 of those are selling up.
1 moans every chance he gets about the money in the Premier League or PSG.
1 has resigned and his club are in danger again.

The motivation was always clear.

The Italian teams, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus are unable to compete with the financial power of the Prem and as such Italian football is falling further and further behind.

Real Madrid are really struggling to match the financial power of the Prem as well and are concerned about losing there super club status.

Barcelona are the same and as it turns out are broke and relying on desperate measures to try and maintain relevance.

The likes of Atletico Madrid and Chelsea and Manchester City were merely concerned about being left behind.

And Liverpool and Manchester United owners wanted to join a league similar to US sport (which is what there owners know) whereby the haves have the the have nots dont (to maximise profits).

And many of those clubs have had to push there finances to the limit to try and stay competitive with the Cities and Chelsea and PSG.

Now it's failed we now see Barcelona and Juventus struggling financially.

And the English forces behind it now they are unable to monetize the European game in the same way they have the US one they are selling up.

Was a money grab that suited the greed of the American owners who do the same with US sport, the narcissistic nature of Florentino Perez and the desperation of the likes of Barcelona and Juventus.

*apologies for the long post, ESL makes I angry
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

No appologies needed Cjay. I think that's an excellent summation!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I suspect there is still plenty of interest to buy Liverpool and ManU from the US.

The goose hasnt stopped laying yet.

Of course the ESL was anathema to most of the clubs, however if we had the luxury of building football leagues from the ground up I reckon that is pretty much what would be produced.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I thought the whole point of the ESL was they wanted the big names in it every year to appeal to sponsors and broadcasters, particularly in China and the USA. UEFA have brought in a legacy qualification so scum, Livarpool etc still get UCL even if they don't qualify on merit.

I find the UCL boring as it's the same teams every year. Atalanta were a breath of fresh air and hopefully Freiburg and Union Berlin qualify.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm ATM we're giving those clubs carte blanche to try again and tbh I couldn't care less if they stay or go... They're ruining competition in the prem as it is but the flip side being money would drain away from the prem very quickly, a slightly richer Championship would probably be the result
Totally agree :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm ATM we're giving those clubs carte blanche to try again and tbh I couldn't care less if they stay or go... They're ruining competition in the prem as it is but the flip side being money would drain away from the prem very quickly, a slightly richer Championship would probably be the result
But didn't they want their cake and eat it. Wanting to play in the premier League as well? I would say good riddance as well, but only if they pee'd off and left the Premier League totally.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:52 pm But didn't they want their cake and eat it. Wanting to play in the premier League as well? I would say good riddance as well, but only if they pee'd off and left the Premier League totally.
They wanted to play a reserve team in the prem basically, which could only work if players from one squad didn’t play for the other.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:58 pm They wanted to play a reserve team in the prem basically, which could only work if players from one squad didn’t play for the other.
Ahhhh Thank You
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:02 pm Let them go, so we can return to some sort of normality in British football.
Hear hear
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

velo wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 pm I have no interest in these so called big 6, let them go, and hopefully, very few fans will buy into this and they go bust, greed is at the utmost point of the whole enterprise
This ^

Let the pricks go and take their USA owners with them, i'll 99% guarantee it'll fail at the first hurdle, and if the fans vote with their feet 100%.

How many of the fans are gonna travel away every other week, they'll soon get bored with the novelty.

And the English leagues can carry on with Saturday footy that's worked since year dot, there is nothing to compare with promotion and relegation for excitement and the will to reach an higher league.

I will also 100% guarantee they'd come crawling back, and how nice would that be to politely say...please just fck off.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Florentino Perez at every opportunity accuses Manchester City and PSG of ruining football, inflating the transfer market, bangs on and on about how wrong it is.

At the same time though he does deals like this.
Endrick is 16 years old.

He has played a grand total of 6.6 matches worth of minutes in his career

So Real Madrid are paying around £10mil per match.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Package is the key word
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536218

I wish they'd let the so called big boys bugger off and not come back, not invited to lake in any cup competitions either, they would soon lose their fan base in the UK.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"