Billy Bremner Raploch memorial

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Billy Bremner Raploch memorial

Post by Lufcheidi »

On the 25th anniversary of the death of my hero Billy Bremner I thought I'd share some information about a project I am involved in where there will be a memorial in Raploch where Billy was born.

My interview
https://collections.stir.ac.uk/billyandme/
BBC article today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... 2pTBhMbJ3A

University of Stirling
https://collections.stir.ac.uk/billybre ... 5OrxU2HA7s
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Billy Bremner Raploch memorial

Post by 1964white »

Great read & photos of you girls & our hero, Billy,

Thank you for sharing your lovely memories, Heidi :-D
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

I used to have some friends who lived in Stirling and they took me around the area. Lovely place, thanks for sharing.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Some cracking photos took me right back, thanks Heidi.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Thank you for posting that Heidi. It has been posted previously (back in October by Bremner2022) but didn’t seem to garner much comment at the time. Below was my reaction to it then.
Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:09 pm Thank you for posting the above Bremner2022, a great watch and a great read. I love to remember and reminisce about my favourite team in their heyday. Having grown up in the Revie era, that team and especially Billy as captain have always been and always will be my ultimate footballing hero’s.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Your passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for our great club is infectuous Heidi
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Brilliant Heidi, absolutely loving the recollections your story brought to mind.
By the way, from the title of your piece are you a Cas lass?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:25 am Great read & photos of you girls & our hero, Billy,

Thank you for sharing your lovely memories, Heidi :-D
Thank you
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Tighthead wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:51 am I used to have some friends who lived in Stirling and they took me around the area. Lovely place, thanks for sharing.
Thank you and it will be lovely when done. I did the Heritage Walk earlier this year and loved it.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:27 am Some cracking photos took me right back, thanks Heidi.
Thank you. I've got plenty more photos to share. Just waiting still..... to get my website updated. The lad has gone so far with it then stopped doing anything with it. Won't take much to do it one we overcome the amount of photos issue.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:26 am Thank you for posting that Heidi. It has been posted previously (back in October by Bremner2022) but didn’t seem to garner much comment at the time. Below was my reaction to it then.
Great comments. Billy made an impact of lots of us and instilled in us the love and loyalty of supporting our team.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:27 pm Brilliant Heidi, absolutely loving the recollections your story brought to mind.
By the way, from the title of your piece are you a Cas lass?
Hi I'm not from Cas but not far away. I was born in a little village called Carlton between Goole and Selby but often travelled in on the train from Snaith in the 70s that used to call at Castleford. That takes me back lol.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Lufcheidi wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:53 pm Thank you and it will be lovely when done. I did the Heritage Walk earlier this year and loved it.
Unfortunatly my pals moved away, so my trips have dropped to zero. I will have to make a trip just to see the development.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Tighthead wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:38 am Unfortunatly my pals moved away, so my trips have dropped to zero. I will have to make a trip just to see the development.
Those of us involved think what will happen is that there will be pilgrimages made to go and see the memorial and do the walk by Leeds fans and Scotland fans too. There will also be memorial stones like we've got around Billy's statue at Elland Road but at the moment we have nothing concrete about this stage as yet. A lot of planning has gone into everything so far and I got involved by default really. It was Gary Edwards and a couple of friends who teamed up with a lad living in Burnley who all wanted the same thing and it has grown from there. Knowing my love of Billy and Leeds, Gary told me to contact the lad in Burnley and I've been involved ever since. I've only managed to make one trip up there and at the moment I still have my husband with terminal cancer which could change things going along but will deal with that as it happens. Carry on normally whilst you can is my motto.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Lufcheidi wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:37 am Those of us involved think what will happen is that there will be pilgrimages made to go and see the memorial and do the walk by Leeds fans and Scotland fans too. There will also be memorial stones like we've got around Billy's statue at Elland Road but at the moment we have nothing concrete about this stage as yet. A lot of planning has gone into everything so far and I got involved by default really. It was Gary Edwards and a couple of friends who teamed up with a lad living in Burnley who all wanted the same thing and it has grown from there. Knowing my love of Billy and Leeds, Gary told me to contact the lad in Burnley and I've been involved ever since. I've only managed to make one trip up there and at the moment I still have my husband with terminal cancer which could change things going along but will deal with that as it happens. Carry on normally whilst you can is my motto.
Very brave Lufcheidi, heart goes out to you. Hopefully bus loads will make the trip up.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Tighthead wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:08 pm Very brave Lufcheidi, heart goes out to you. Hopefully bus loads will make the trip up.
Thank you and I'm sure they will especially our Scandinavians!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’m sorry to hear about your husband Heidi, hope he pulls through. I’m sure the memorial will be a great attraction when it comes to fruition.