Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Mateusz Klich- Edging towards the exit?

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:41 pm Hasn't been the same player since the 20/21 season. Doesn't figure much in Jesse's plans. Greenwood looks to have stepped ahead of him now. Hopefully Forshaw stays fit.

Good luck to him. Was that Elche goal his going away gift to us?
Greenwood and Forshaw shouldn't be our best options as backup as a 3rd season Prem side :(

Klich goes with all our gratitude

Needs replacing though.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:49 pm Greenwood and Forshaw shouldn't be our best options as backup as a 3rd season Prem side :(

Needs replacing though.
We should certainly have a better 3rd choice to compete/rotate with Adams and Roca.

But the other two do make Klich surplus to requirements. As, said, Klich will always be remembered as a fan favourite.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:22 pm
This was first reported by a well placed Journalist from Poland.

He didnt name the clubs interested but said 1 European and 1 from another continent.
This was sent to me when I was in Beverley this afternoon, I felt a little sad :cry:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Mateusz Klich- Potentially close to MLS move in January.

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:48 pm I've said it before on this board that a move to MLS would be good for Mateusz Klich. I think he can still do a job at that level. And be a mentor to young players. The style of play in MLS will suit him. It's a bit more open and he will have more time and space on the ball. The fact that he is being so heavily linked to DC United, which is the MLS club that I support makes this interesting to me. I hope it happens.
Yeah. I wish it was to LA. Players are a lot more approachable over here. Would be great to meet him. Maybe when DC plays LA.

Not an MLS player, but bumped into Vinnie Jones in a British pub in Santa Monica. Had a really good chat about his time at Leeds. He still follows them. Probably the biggest one season legend.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:10 pm We should certainly have a better 3rd choice to compete/rotate with Adams and Roca.

But the other two do make Klich surplus to requirements. As, said, Klich will always be remembered as a fan favourite.
I've been saying all season we're in trouble if we lose Adams for a sustained period, with or without Klich.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:49 pm Greenwood and Forshaw shouldn't be our best options as backup as a 3rd season Prem side :(

Needs replacing though.
Greenwood is very good, that opinion seems to be based on very little other than personal bias. Forshaw as a 3rd string CMF is fine too, if fit. No player is any good injured...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:53 pm Greenwood is very good, that opinion seems to be based on very little other than personal bias. Forshaw as a 3rd string CMF is fine too, if fit. No player is any good injured...
Certainly no evidence he is a very good Premier League player.

He isn't even a proper cm.

He is the definition of square pegs which I don't like.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:56 pm Certainly no evidence he is a very good Premier League player.

He isn't even a proper cm.

He is the definition of square pegs which I don't like.
Certainly no evidence anyone replacing him would be better irrespective of cost. I use my eyes... You do realise players are not always what the start as ? Frequently they find they're better suited to positions they weren't pigeon holed into when they were 9. Greenwood has alway looked an 8 to me... I said so last year
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bye then :wave:

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out 8-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:06 pm Certainly no evidence anyone replacing him would be better irrespective of cost. I use my eyes... You do realise players are not always what the start as ? Frequently they find they're better suited to positions they weren't pigeon holed into when they were 9. Greenwood has alway looked an 8 to me... I said so last year
We don't use 8s as Forshaw said the other day.

It's a 6.

He isn't a 6.

Hasn't looked anything special in that role imo bar moments.

You could definitely improve on him.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:45 pm We don't use 8s as Forshaw said the other day.

It's a 6.

He isn't a 6.

Hasn't looked anything special in that role imo bar moments.

You could definitely improve on him.
CMF's then, we don't play 2 DMF's either, one is always forward of the other. This 6's thing must be JM nonsence, I expect he calls the CF a 1 and the keeper a 9.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:53 pm CMF's then, we don't play 2 DMF's either, one is always forward of the other. This 6's thing must be JM nonsence, I expect he calls the CF a 1 and the keeper a 9.
Traditionally the number of the defensive midfielder.

Nothing to do with JM.

They are imo between a 6 and an 8.

We don't play traditional 8s either.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:58 pm Traditionally the number of the defensive midfielder.

Nothing to do with JM.

They are imo between a 6 and an 8.

We don't play traditional 8s either.
Central defenders are 5 and 6, DMF is traditionally the 4.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:13 pm Central defenders are 5 and 6, DMF is traditionally the 4.
4 and 5 are cbs

6 is a midfielder traditionally

If you Google it that's what it will say
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:34 pm 4 and 5 are cbs

6 is a midfielder traditionally

If you Google it that's what it will say
Nope traditionally 5 and 6 have been the CD's from Hunter and Charlton to Whyte and Fairclough and Koch/Cooper that's the case with most teams from the 70's on ... 4 has been the sweeper or DMF like Batty, Beckenbaur, Butt, Vierra and Makelele, these days players pick their own numbes often and it's become a bit of a lottery but TRADITIONALLY 2/3 are full backs, 4 DMF, 5/6 central defenders, 7/11 wingers, 9 forward, 10 AMF or second forward. 8 CMF
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:51 pm Nope traditionally 5 and 6 have been the CD's from Hunter and Charlton to Whyte and Fairclough and Koch/Cooper that's the case with most teams from the 70's on ... 4 has been the sweeper or DMF like Batty, Beckenbaur, Butt, Vierra and Makelele, these days players pick their own numbes often and it's become a bit of a lottery but TRADITIONALLY 2/3 are full backs, 4 DMF, 5/6 central defenders, 7/11 wingers, 9 forward, 10 AMF or second forward. 8 CMF
This is one of our more ridiculous debates :lol:

Google doesn't seem to agree it seems with different answers.

Anyway.

We don't use 8s which was the start of this :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:58 pm This is one of our more ridiculous debates :lol:

Google doesn't seem to agree it seems with different answers.

Anyway.

We don't use 8s which was the start of this :lol:
Go google our central defenders through the years, and who's currently playing 5 and 6 for us... It's impossible to argue with, especially as some of the great DMF's have worn 4 more than any other number. You're right ridiculous argument. Last few years numbers really don't matter that much but we still seem to give 5 and 6 to our first team CD's

Unless it's a metaphysical 6?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:04 pm Go google our central defenders through the years, and who's currently playing 5 and 6 for us... It's impossible to argue with, especially as some of the great DMF's have worn 4 more than any other number. You're right ridiculous argument. Last few years numbers really don't matter that much but we still seem to give 5 and 6 to our first team CD's

Unless it's a metaphysical 6?
Xavi was 6 so was Matthias Sammer, Koke, Thiago.

Maybe the difference between a midfield 6 and a 4 is a 4 is more of a Makelele type break up play simple pass type and a 6 is more of a Xavi?

I dunno.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Seeing there actually 19 positions on a football field this discussion about 4s 8s etc is defunct....

In any case since Klich became "Klicky" (shudders) he can leave if he wants.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:51 pm Nope traditionally 5 and 6 have been the CD's from Hunter and Charlton to Whyte and Fairclough and Koch/Cooper that's the case with most teams from the 70's on ... 4 has been the sweeper or DMF like Batty, Beckenbaur, Butt, Vierra and Makelele, these days players pick their own numbes often and it's become a bit of a lottery but TRADITIONALLY 2/3 are full backs, 4 DMF, 5/6 central defenders, 7/11 wingers, 9 forward, 10 AMF or second forward. 8 CMF
Correct. I just went through that glorious Revie side and those are the traditional numbers for those positions faaip