The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th December) - Klich thunderbolt seals Leeds win and Festa d’Elx trophy

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th December) - Klich thunderbolt seals Leeds win and Festa d’Elx trophy

Post by Ellandback1 »

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th December) - Klich thunderbolt seals Leeds win and Festa d’Elx trophy

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:15 am
Klich thunderbolt seals Leeds win

Leeds came from behind to beat Elche last night, and lift the Festa d’Elx Trophy, but it was far from the easy jaunt they had expected. Rooted to the bottom of La Liga, winless, and with only four points on the board from their opening 14 games, the Alicante based outfit were not expected to put up much resistance; yet they dominated the first half to such a degree that the statistical heatmaps looked more like forest fires, breaking out uncontrollably in the Leeds half.

They deservedly took the lead on the stroke of half-time, when Josan latched on to a long diagonal ball, slicing the Leeds defence in half. With only Hjelde bothering to track back, the veteran forward had the time and space to pick his target, and open the scoreline with the assistance of the post.

The visitors were only marginally better after the break, but the overall difference between both teams is that Marsch's team took their chances. They equalised on the hour mark. Harrison's perfectly executed through ball allowed Greenwood to nip in front of the defenders and provide an easy tap-in for Gelhardt who up until this point had been starved from service.

Leeds made six changes in the last half hour, and it was one of his substitutes that made all the headlines. Dropped by his Country, and languishing on the bench for large periods of time this season, Mateusz Klich proved there is life in the old dog yet with a spectacular 25 yard screamer that proved to be the winner.
In typical Klich style he mocked a lap of honour with the trophy too. Might be his last contribution as reports today that he's off to MLS
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:39 am I'd start Gyabi v City if Adams is out ... it's a good learning experience, he'll want to play well and we've nothing to lose
Not a bad call. Especially if we have injuries. First game back is a bit of a free hit.

It's worth giving this game a proper go though. We've seen that Leeds can mix it with the best teams this season.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:48 am players need games to get ready for the league. So not meaningless at all.

Orta still living rent free I see...

And it is Reilly, if you are determined to insult the man the least you could do is spell your tropes correctly. :lol:

We play Citeh on boxing day, yesterday was the 8th i think, proper prep that is :tup:

I've said it once and al say it again, meaningless :roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:38 pm We play Citeh on boxing day, yesterday was the 8th i think, proper prep that is :tup:

Meaningless! We won a (European) trophy didn’t we? It’s not every day you do that is it? In our case it’s a trophy probably once every decade or so, and even then it’s only a 2nd division/Championship medal, and a European trophy every 5 decades or so. I’m amazed you’re so ready to dismiss it out of hand Ken 😉
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:46 pm Still available on Youtube if anyone did miss it. My advice is skip the first half and just watch the last 45.
Sound advice, Andrew :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:38 pm We play Citeh on boxing day, yesterday was the 8th i think, proper prep that is :tup:

Moved to the 28th December, Kenny boy.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:28 pm Moved to the 28th December, Kenny boy.
Meaningless.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Erm, check your facts
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I've been corrected once.

Do keep up.

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Only once? I do find that difficult to believe. I do my research...check your facts
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"