1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:43 pm
We improved significantly with Drameh at RB, Rodrigo up top & Wober controlling the midfield
Rasmus going through a rough patch. But still think he's a solid player for us.
That said, I really think we should have spent the Rasmus elsewhere and given Drameh a chance. We knew we had another year of Ayling. Drameh would have made a decent 2nd right back.
SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:46 pm
I've said for a while now that Perkins should be ahead of Gelhardt, but Joffy gets picked as he's a fan favourite. WH were fuming when Perkins left, he's a better talent.
Perkins scored a tap in. He's still got something to prove. Joffy is ahead of him because he scored a few important goals last season. Perkins is a great prospect. But I think Joffy is a year ahead of him in development.
Madron wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:04 pm
Football is all about emotion.
Sometimes just winning is all you need.
f**k all the science and analysing. Too much of that and the real joy of the game is lost.
f**k the stats and use your eyes ... and try not to let the jerking of the knee to obstruct your view
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:52 pm
We played well for the most of the game, dominated first 25 before the makeshift defence fell apart for a while. All Leeds second half, great goal from Rodders again, missed the pen but made the keeper make the save which was decent. Joseph looked good, decent effort to try to drag the ball back late, good cut back from Rodders but there was a lot of work to put that away... Then Firpo (I do think goals should be automatically given in these circumstances) incredibly cheated of a goal
Firpo then confirmed his MOTM with a flick for Perkins the predator to put it away for a very deserved draw
There's a rule in basketball called goaltending. If the ball is going in the basket, you can't flip it out. Same should apply in footy. Maybe award a goal and give a yellow card.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:08 pm
Perkins scored a tap in. He's still got something to prove. Joffy is ahead of him because he scored a few important goals last season. Perkins is a great prospect. But I think Joffy is a year ahead of him in development.
Gelhardt scored 2 tap ins and our fans acted like he's the second coming of prime R9. My comment had nothing to do with his goal anyway, as I've said for a while that Perkins needs a chance, and I haven't been impressed with Gelhardt all season tbh.
SG90 wrote:
Professional footballers earning thousands of pounds a week should be able to score easy chances. Struijk, Joseph and Rodrigo all culprits, Greenwood too as he had a great chance.
faaip wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:55 pm
Not by me ... Actually thought the 21's very good today, Fernandez looks good, Perkins scored, Drameh looked good, Gyabi excellent
I don't always agree with faaip but I do on this. Some of the criticism of them on here is depressing.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
faaip wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:58 pm
The issue today was exactly the one I made pre match. You muck around with the centre back pairing and you pay a price. Start Koch and Cooper and we win that at a canter
Aye you called it right with regard to playing our best CB's, Faaip.
Especially as we had no Adams as well to protect the defence, though Gyabi impressed me in the first 30 minutes.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:06 pm
Rasmus going through a rough patch. But still think he's a solid player for us.
That said, I really think we should have spent the Rasmus elsewhere and given Drameh a chance. We knew we had another year of Ayling. Drameh would have made a decent 2nd right back.
Based on current form, it has to be Ayling at the moment.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:06 pm
Rasmus going through a rough patch. But still think he's a solid player for us.
That said, I really think we should have spent the Rasmus elsewhere and given Drameh a chance. We knew we had another year of Ayling. Drameh would have made a decent 2nd right back.
I thought Drameh was very composed when he came on.
Chilli D wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:12 pm
I don't always agree with faaip but I do on this. Some of the criticism of them on here is depressing.
I see it as criticism of the board, rather than the players. Well at least from my point it is. We should be improving the first team before the second division of the u21s.
SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:11 pm
Gelhardt scored 2 tap ins and our fans acted like he's the second coming of prime R9. My comment had nothing to do with his goal anyway, as I've said for a while that Perkins needs a chance, and I haven't been impressed with Gelhardt all season tbh.
There are options for both. I think Gelhardt's career right now would be better with a loan move so he can play every week.
And I would like to see Perkins get some time off the bench. He's clearly a class prospect.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:13 pm
No. Not praising him at all. Been here 12 months and not sure we look any better. His starting line up didnt work. But the subs did.
I think he's done ok, not sure we'd be any further up the table with a new manager. With the fighting spirit we have, it'd be silly to make a change imo.