Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:29 pm
Me too, constantly smiling and having a go. He is going to be a fan favourite (or already is).
I don’t like to see players diving, particularly our players, it’s embarrassing.
No I’m with you Ken.
Don’t want diving. Can’t stand it tbh. Bielsa wouldn’t have tolerated it and nor should Marsch. But he’s a young lad so I’ll forgive him
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
The replay will be an opportunity to give some of the “fringe” players another look …. Gelhardt and Gyabi in particular. Greenwood also needs more game time.
The three G’s
Cumbriarents wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:36 pm
I don't think he is anywhere near ready to start week in week out. The difference between Ghonto and him is massive.
Don't believe everything you hear in the Gnonto song!
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Pullhard wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:45 pm
The replay will be an opportunity to give some of the “fringe” players another look …. Gelhardt and Gyabi in particular. Greenwood also needs more game time.
The three G’s
I’m all for that, but Jesse should put out an experienced side first. Put the tie to bed and then bring on some of the younger lads to drive on and gain ER experience.
Placing Gyabi and Greenwood in front of our weakest back four this season, alongside an obviously under par Aaronson and behind an out of form Gelhardt is only setting them up to fail and look bad in the process. That’s one of my issues with Marsch.
Last edited by Boo Radley on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:59 pm
I wish we had a team of Gnonto's
His attitude is excellent and his relentless attacking causes trouble for any defence he’s up against. Probably our stand out player so far this season.
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:39 pm
His attitude is excellent and his relentless attacking causes trouble for any defence he’s up against. Probably our stand out player so far this season.
I like the fact he is a physical skilful player who has a lot of speed but doesn't get pushed off the ball easily.
We're still in it. Good start from Wober. I'm an enthusiast for Strujck, but he had a difficult time today. Firpo bad in the first half but picked up in the second.
Thinking wider, I think there may be some promise in a Wober-Strujck combination down the left (with Firpo stepping in for Strujck when needed). However, I have a view that we need a 'marshal' in defence. Maybe Cooper can improve.
Several of our players going through bad patches: Kristensen, Geldhardt and Aaronson.
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:39 pm
His attitude is excellent and his relentless attacking causes trouble for any defence he’s up against. Probably our stand out player so far this season.
Actually, that would be Tyler Adams, but Gnonto is our most pleasant surprise. I love 'em both and am thrilled they'll be with us for a while (if we're smart enough to keep them).
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:37 pm
I’m all for that, but Jesse should put out an experienced side first. Put the tie to bed and then bring on some of the younger lads to drive on and gain ER experience.
Placing Gyabi and Greenwood in front of our weakest back four this season, alongside an obviously under par Aaronson and behind an out of form Gelhardt is only setting them up to fail and look bad in the process. That’s one of my issues with Marsch.
Premier league points will be the priority. Replay falls between Villa and Brentford. We'll be hoping to get points from both those games.
At least the schedule is not too relentless around then. What is 3 games in a week is actually 3 games in 9 days. But I honestly think Jesse will have his best 11 planned out for Villa and Brentford and pick the starting line up for the replay from the rest.
Today's team could have been stronger. Roca and Harrison were supposed to start, but both had slight knocks.