Accrington Stanley 1-3 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mentalcase

Re: Accrington Stanley v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

Scoobychief wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:24 am If we loose this game then surely Marsh will get his Marching orders
IF, we even draw this game, ne'er mind lose it, he 100% has to go.
AS, 'ain't milk brilliant' for you old enough ;-) will put up a fight, but, class will tell, it may take a bit longer for the first goal to go in than we might like, but, I fully expect us to win this game comfortably.
I can hear the commentators rehearsing their sickening lines now :sick:
No time for sentiments or prisoners United, seek , destroy and succeed.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I want a cup run, if that means JM survives the season, so be it..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Where's our best attacking option Gnonto in the above teams mentioned?

Are we resting Willy?
I'd expect him on the bench alongside Rodders in case we have problems in other words they'll be on at HT Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Scoobychief wrote:If we loose this game then surely Marsh will get his Marching orders
Can't see it myself. The board have backed him well in the 2 windows he's been here so I think they have to run with it now. If he's good enough he'll keep them up otherwise he'll hang himself.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote:Meslier
Kristensen
Koch
Wober
Struijk/Firpo
Adams
Roca
Sinisterra
Harrison
Rodrigo
Gnonto
Thats how I'd go WR. strongest team and get it done and dusted by HT Image

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Two ways of looking at this game.

1) The JM tactics worked in Austria, probably due to the gulf in class between the RB side and the rest of the teams. As such the gulf in class should see us win comfortably as they won't have the ability to pass the bal accurately so our high press should cause problems.

2) The JM tactics seem to work better against teams that are determined to play out from the back. However Accrington might not be the type of team to play out from the back and may find it incredibly easy to beat our press simply by lumping it forward. If one or two of the 'lump it forward' balls fall kindly for them we could be in trouble, or our own, or rather JM's tactics, making.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:12 pm Thats how I'd go WR. strongest team and get it done and dusted by HT Image

Exactly mate :tup:

The fact that Ayling and Struijk are still part of the equation when we're talking about fielding our best right and left backs, is an indicator for me that so far Kristensen and Firpo are not what we'd hoped.

So those positions still need to be addressed.

Llorente being given a new contract baffles me, he's Bambi on Ice.

Once Rutter beds in Harrison is a bench player, and on current form so is Aaronson who needs to toughen up.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:09 pm Can't see it myself. The board have backed him well in the 2 windows he's been here so I think they have to run with it now. If he's good enough he'll keep them up otherwise he'll hang himself.

I reckon he's gotta get some wins soon, or the knives will be out in February, there's a limit to everyone's patience. As that other fella found out last year 8-)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Exactly mate :tup:

The fact that Ayling and Struijk are still part of the equation when we're talking about fielding our best right and left backs, is an indicator for me that so far Kristensen and Firpo are not what we'd hoped.

Once Rutter beds in Harrison is a bench player, and on current form so is Aaronson who needs to toughen up.
Couldn't agree more. Fripo for me has blagged it. He's a fake imo. Totally out of his depth. Rutter we've yet to see and Saturday is just a fitness gauge for him but we might get some idea of what he's about. I'd definitely take 35 m for Harrison, we are overloaded with forwards and he's not at all consistent enough at this level.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Exactly mate :tup:

Meant to say the new contract for llorente mystifies me as well. I'm nervous as *uck when he's on the ball but hopefully we get a ridiculous offer for him in the summer and he's gone....can't imagine who'd want him though tbh.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: I reckon he's gotta get some wins soon, or the knives will be out in February, there's a limit to everyone's patience. As that other fella found out last year 8-)
Who was that ? Nah...leave it !

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:48 pm I reckon he's gotta get some wins soon, or the knives will be out in February, there's a limit to everyone's patience. As that other fella found out last year 8-)
Yeah but mist on herecwould have killed him with kindness 🙄
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:48 pm I reckon he's gotta get some wins soon, or the knives will be out in February, there's a limit to everyone's patience. As that other fella found out last year 8-)
The knives been out in some quarters, for what seems like months.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:00 pm Where's our best attacking option Gnonto in the above teams mentioned?

Are we resting Willy?
I hope he plays every league game for us between now and the end of the season. We should really walk through this one with the line up I listed. So, I'd be giving Willy a rest for a weak and give players like Rutter, Bamford, and Sinisterra a good run out. I'd still use Willy off the bench though as I couldn't see those 3 all going past 60 minutes.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:45 pm Exactly mate :tup:

And the rest of us. He's only going to be back up for us. They must have looked at Cresswell in the Championship and decided that he's not going to be first team any time soon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:37 am Meslier
Kristensen
Koch
Wober
Struijk/Firpo
Adams
Roca
Sinisterra
Harrison
Rodrigo
Gnonto

I think Bamford has to get at least 45 out of this game. Important to get more running in his legs and sharpness.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:15 pm I think Bamford has to get at least 45 out of this game. Important to get more running in his legs and sharpness.
45 minutes is a big ask for Patrick 8-)

Hopefully, he gets fit and injury free again.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:24 pm 45 minutes is a big ask for Patrick 8-)

Hopefully, he gets fit and injury free again.
He did against Cardiff
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:28 pm He did against Cardiff
Let's see how things pan out, cos we ain't seen much from him for a long time.

If he can get some matches and get some goals that'll be great.

I'm still in favour of shipping him out in the summer, along with lots of others.
Clueless Yank
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: PhilipVU94

Post by Clueless Yank »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:09 pm Can't see it myself. The board have backed him well in the 2 windows he's been here so I think they have to run with it now. If he's good enough he'll keep them up otherwise he'll hang himself.
If your team gets in serious jeopardy of relegation (I mean a lot more than 16% chance or whatever it is now), it's a different conversation. The big money isn't in an FA Cup run, and no sane manager would prioritize it anywhere close to staying up in the PL.

So yeah, I would agree a 4th round cup tie isn't how they're going to judge his performance, even if there is enough rest to play a full-strength side.