Good articleJaydog wrote: ↑Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:45 pm https://www.sportinglife.com/football/n ... gue/206516
Sporting Life piece that maybe of interest.
Nothing we don’t already know I suppose.
Some good stats on the dribbling front
Georginio Rutter
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155396
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79120
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Huge upside to Rutter, well worth the gamble imo. Even if it takes a while to settle.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- BGwhite
- Superstar

- Posts: 6571
- Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Taken from givemesport.com
FBref statistics show Rutter averaged more goals and shots on target per 90 minutes than Patrick Bamford last season, which means it could be argued that he is an upgrade on the former Middlesbrough man
Give me strength! I scored more times than PB last season and I don't play football. FFS !
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
FBref statistics show Rutter averaged more goals and shots on target per 90 minutes than Patrick Bamford last season, which means it could be argued that he is an upgrade on the former Middlesbrough man
Give me strength! I scored more times than PB last season and I don't play football. FFS !
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41751
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Worked hard and put himself about.
Clearly rusty and his finishing was poor (needs to improve).
But took up some very intelligent positions.
did ok
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79120
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
I can see raw becoming a trope, nothing raw about that video, just a lot of quality. Reminds me of Raph
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
He looked decent today, probably trying too much to impress, the link up with him and bamford was evident to all, nice to have an attacking headache when all are fit for selection.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
For a first game (and understand he hasn't played for a while) he did really well. Hitting the ground faster than Gnonto did. Look forward to seeing the two of them as part of a front 3. And there's Sinsiterra in the mix too.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155396
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Apparently, Georgino hasn't played since November.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19705
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
What I like about Rutter was his body language in terms of how he reacted with the rest of our team. Great bit of celebration between him and Firpo as an example. Suggests that he has a decent character, likes being part of a team and has fitted in with his team mates already. Definitely thinks that then makes it easier for a player to succeed.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Decent showing for a first game, he looked nervous before it started but he did grow into the game. He clearly has pace and power. I think he is a good out ball when we are under pressure defensively.
I didn’t think Wow like I did when I first saw Gnonto, but he is the kind of player we needed particularly when we need to manage a lead and look to hit teams on the break.
I didn’t think Wow like I did when I first saw Gnonto, but he is the kind of player we needed particularly when we need to manage a lead and look to hit teams on the break.
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17184
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Very happy with him yesterday, he could be our Mo Salah.
So we will have two up top in our starting 11.
How long is it since we saw that at Leeds?
So we will have two up top in our starting 11.
How long is it since we saw that at Leeds?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19705
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Maybe that was due to expectation. Cos of Gnonto's low fee the expectation was likely fairly low, but with Rutter costing so much (for us) you are almost expecting him to waltz past 5 players and curl it into the top corner.DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:05 am Decent showing for a first game, he looked nervous before it started but he did grow into the game. He clearly has pace and power. I think he is a good out ball when we are under pressure defensively.
I didn’t think Wow like I did when I first saw Gnonto, but he is the kind of player we needed particularly when we need to manage a lead and look to hit teams on the break.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79120
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Good point, I expected it from Gnonto so my reaction was never going to oh wow... I had the same opinion of Rutter's debut. Now will we be able to fit them all in... My player of the season so far Summerville might be headed the same way as Gelhardt as we don't have that investment in him
Sinisterra, Rodrigo, Rutter front three - 75 million plus or thereabouts?
Gnonto, Summerville, Bamford - 13M ?
Not sure I know which set is better
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Summerville out on loan. I bloody hope not. He’s been a revelation and could have a telepathic understanding with Gnonto
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155396
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Considering Georginio hasn't played a competitive game since November, that was a smashing debut.
Quick, alert & has great control of the ball, not only that, he's a grafter.
I'm expecting Rutter to create plenty of goals.
Once he is match-fit, he could terrorise Premier League defences.
Quick, alert & has great control of the ball, not only that, he's a grafter.
I'm expecting Rutter to create plenty of goals.
Once he is match-fit, he could terrorise Premier League defences.
- velo
- Manager

- Posts: 4179
- Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Must admit, I hadn't realised he was so rusty... gave a very good account of himself, although against a lower league team, I'm pretty excited by him, looks like the board has done good1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:12 pm Considering Georginio hasn't played a competitive game since November, that was a smashing debut.
Quick, alert & has great control of the ball, not only that, he's a grafter.
I'm expecting Rutter to create plenty of goals.
Once he is match-fit, he could terrorise Premier League defences.
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155396
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME
Seen enough on Sunday to suggest Georginio is going to be handful for Premier League defences when he is fully fit.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41751
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter
Needs to do more
Early days of course but he was signed with a big price tag and with that comes expectations.
No good him being potentially good in 2, 3 years
Needs to show it now.
Won some headers tbf but he needs to impact games more.
If Sini is out I'd like him to start
Elland Road crowd behind him
Early days of course but he was signed with a big price tag and with that comes expectations.
No good him being potentially good in 2, 3 years
Needs to show it now.
Won some headers tbf but he needs to impact games more.
If Sini is out I'd like him to start
Elland Road crowd behind him
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11786
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter
I said elsewhere the price tag will bring a huge amount of pressure (not his fault obviously).
I’m willing to give the lad some time, would be something else to get his first goal in such a big game on Sunday.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4519
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Georginio Rutter
I agree he needs to perform now not two years from now. But at the moment he's on the bench for me. Summerville is the best right sided attacking player in the mix.Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:23 pm Needs to do more
Early days of course but he was signed with a big price tag and with that comes expectations.
No good him being potentially good in 2, 3 years
Needs to show it now.
Won some headers tbf but he needs to impact games more.
If Sini is out I'd like him to start
Elland Road crowd behind him
Football/Futbol/Soccer