Weston McKennie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Weston McKennie- HERE WE GO!!!!

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:36 am Problem with fan views is most are fairly clueless, you need to filter out the sheep and the biased... He looks a player tbh, has the holy trinity for me. Short area burst, contact balance and good game reader. There are some concerns over injury issues? Not checked his injury history yet
For proof try reading the USA Men's forum on the Big Soccer Message Board. I gave up on those morons 20 years ago. That crowd of USA fans should not be afforded a shred of credibility. They literally know nothing!

Weston McKennie is a very good player. He has those hard to quantify qualities in his game. His technical ability doesn't stand out. His stats are not impressive. And yet he has forced his way into the starting eleven of two Champion's League Clubs and the USA National Team. He brings steel to the midfield. He get's stuck in. His fierce competitiveness rubs off on other players.

Does he like to have a good time? Yes. Did a sneak a couple of hot Costa Rican chicks into his hotel room after curfew. Yes.

I don't want a squad full of Boy Scouts. We need a Villain on our side. Lee Bowyer comes to mind....(Minus the racist stuff)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:30 pm For proof try reading the USA Men's forum on the Big Soccer Message Board. I gave up on those morons 20 years ago. That crowd of USA fans should not be afforded a shred of credibility. They literally know nothing!

Weston McKennie is a very good player. He has those hard to quantify qualities in his game. His technical ability doesn't stand out. His stats are not impressive. And yet he has forced his way into the starting eleven of two Champion's League Clubs and the USA National Team. He brings steel to the midfield. He get's stuck in. His fierce competitiveness rubs off on other players.

Does he like to have a good time? Yes. Did a sneak a couple of hot Costa Rican chicks into his hotel room after curfew. Yes.

I don't want a squad full of Boy Scouts. We need a Villain on our side. Lee Bowyer comes to mind....(Minus the racist stuff)
Me neither Paul, we need some bite, hopefully with Wober in defence and WM in midfield along with MR & TA we ought to be able to look after ourselves, I don't mean the silly stupid cards either, but certainly not to be bullied.
Leeds United states marsching on together :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Weston McKennie-NO AGREEMENT WITH JUVENTUS YET

Post by geeno_philly »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:53 pm By twit I really wanted to put an 'a' in place of the 'i'. :)
Same difference...no where near the true calling of Lalas. My PC would kick me off is I used appropriate language to describe that turd.
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by geeno_philly »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:44 pm Me neither Paul, we need some bite, hopefully with Wober in defence and WM in midfield along with MR & TA we ought to be able to look after ourselves, I don't mean the silly stupid cards either, but certainly not to be bullied.
Leeds United states marsching on together :tup:
He will cause enough havoc that the playmakers will have additional time for decision making and creativity. He doesntly usually give the ball away cheaply in our defensive 40%. He will be a better than average body to help avoid relegation. He upside above being a workhorse that is physical and can score in the box aerially will depend on the setup and game plan. He can play in a havoc situation and pace and will not get frustrated with back and forth (like some bitchy AMs that want the beautiful game).
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Weston McKennie-INTEREST GENUINE

Post by pjm2019 »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:35 pm Adams - Roca - Dallas (INJ) - Forshaw (INJ) - Greenwood - Gyabi - Aaronson - Gray (INJ)

We're fairly deep in midfield just it's our most injured position, couple out on loan too IIRC

Cannot wait for Dallas to be fit. Forshaw will be let go of in the summer. Gray not ready for 1st team for this season (even if fit) and may make the bench next season.
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Weston McKennie-INTEREST GENUINE

Post by pjm2019 »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:47 pm Gray is back soon, very good footballer, Dallas is the only long term one I know about for sure. No clue where Gyabi was but he's one of the best centre mids at the club.
he played 90 mins mid week for the U21's
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Confirmation surely imminent
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Welcome McKennie hopefully you are the Pablo that we so lack in our midfield
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That's his agent confirming the move incidentally
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Weston McKennie- WELCOME

Post by The Subhuman »

1 Meslier
2 Ayling
5 Koch
6 Wober
3 Firpo
4 Adams
8 McKennie
7 Rutter
9 Rodrigo
10 Roca
11 Sinisterra
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Really interesting to see where everyone is going to play now, headaches in midfield and upfront for Marsch - though no manager would complain about having too many options - I wouldn’t even know where to start with picking the attacking line up - good luck though Jesse, you have more than enough to stay in this league
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Scoobychief wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:58 pm Welcome McKennie hopefully you are the Pablo that we so lack in our midfield
He's not a Pablo type player Scooby. He will definitely add to the attack in certain spots. But he will add bite to our midfield and make us harder to play against.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:50 pm He's not a Pablo type player Scooby. He will definitely add to the attack in certain spots. But he will add bite to our midfield and make us harder to play against.
All depends on the system and his role in that system Paul, I agree, it's certainly an upgrade to the team, either replacing Klich or Forshaw, looking forward to watching him play :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:53 pm All depends on the system and his role in that system Paul, I agree, it's certainly an upgrade to the team, either replacing Klich or Forshaw, looking forward to watching him play :tup:
I don't see WM replacing Roca in a 4-2-3-1. Both he and Adams typically play on the right side. So for me this additions signals that we will play mostly out of a 4-3-3 much like the USA set up. Adams will sit a little deeper. And both the right and left midfielder are box to box types. The biggest question for me is who will play on the left side. Will it be Roca or Aaronson. It could even be Harrison although I have my doubts about that. Having seen Aaronson play in a box to box role at Philadelphia Union (On the left) and with the USA I think he will ultimately win the spot. So the set up looks like this:

------------------------------------Meslier-----------------------------------

Ayling------------Koch-----------------------Worber-----------Struijk

---------McKennie-------------Adams----------------Aaronson------

Georginio---------------------Bamford-----------------------Sinisterra
Football/Futbol/Soccer
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:07 pm I don't see WM replacing Roca in a 4-2-3-1. Both he and Adams typically play on the right side. So for me this additions signals that we will play mostly out of a 4-3-3 much like the USA set up. Adams will sit a little deeper. And both the right and left midfielder are box to box types. The biggest question for me is who will play on the left side. Will it be Roca or Aaronson. It could even be Harrison although I have my doubts about that. Having seen Aaronson play in a box to box role at Philadelphia Union (On the left) and with the USA I think he will ultimately win the spot. So the set up looks like this:

------------------------------------Meslier-----------------------------------

Ayling------------Koch-----------------------Worber-----------Struijk

---------McKennie-------------Adams----------------Aaronson------

Georginio---------------------Bamford-----------------------Sinisterra
Thats a fine line up, glad firpo is nowhere near it, but Roca probably will, again , we now have options, so everyone will get a run out, just hope JM dosen't do silly 3/4 subs for the sake of trying to keep everyone happy, he has to be less sentimental.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He just called ER "dope" on SSN :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He seems like a good character who will be popular in the dressing room :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

I find it hard to believe Rodrigo and Willy will not be starters, at least until others deserve it more.
Bamford and Sini from the bench.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:10 pm
Dope. Social Butterfly. Oh dear :)