The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 31st January) - Roma seal Llorente loan move

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 31st January) - Roma seal Llorente loan move

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:50 am I think once fit, Bamford has to be an automatic choice. He's a natural goalscorer, unselfish, and draws defenders out of position.
Rodrigo is our top goalscorer this season and playing the best he has done since he joined us so I think he will keep his place for the time being at least.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 31st January) - Roma seal Llorente loan move

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:47 am Rodrigo is our top goalscorer this season and playing the best he has done since he joined us so I think he will keep his place for the time being at least.
Plus I'm not sure Rodri offers much off the bench whereas Paddy would imo...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:01 am Bamford and Rodrigo, for me, are completely different kinds of strikers. Rodrigo the more clinical and opportunist type, Bamford the more hold the ball up, occupy the defenders type. Both equally legitimate, together the complete package and, hopefully, effective enough when sharing our striking duties.
I think this means that we need tactics for teams (and we have players who can fit the tactics)...just need the boss adapt tactics so we can win some matches...

Based on this there is a role for both players, but necessarily at the same time.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Madron wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:30 am He's an old looking 18 year old. Where's the zits?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:28 am Stoke defender Harry Souttar to Leicester for up to 20M ... which puts some perspective on some of our buys. 20M for a 24 yr old championship defender
Makes Llorente look decent value
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:42 pm Plus I'm not sure Rodri offers much off the bench whereas Paddy would imo...
I tend to agree but, depending on state of play, he needs to be given half an hour at least. None of this nonsense of bringing him on with 5 minutes to go lark, which is what Joffey had to put up with.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clitheroe White wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:53 pm Makes Llorente look decent value
TBH I've not see Souttar play but it seems a lot for a Championship player. White went for 50 after one great season in the lower league but he had a great coaching him and his team we're comfortably best in division
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:53 pm I tend to agree but, depending on state of play, he needs to be given half an hour at least. None of this nonsense of bringing him on with 5 minutes to go lark, which is what Joffey had to put up with.
Agreed, although I'm loathe to make that a pre arranged substitution.... But yes subs need a minimum of 20 but which subs should be game flow conditional ...
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:26 am Perhaps Struijk in for Firpo, neither are quite good enough in my opinion (not Struijk’s fault as he’s a centre back), but Struijk edges it for me, he’s definitely the better defender. Rutter in place of Summerville and one of Bamford or Rodrigo up top. A bench comprising Sinisterra, Harrison, Cooper, Greenwood, Summerville, Kristensen, Firpo, Bamford/Rodrigo and Robles.
Sorry forgot about Brenden (how could I). On the bench understudying McKennie for the time being. We have some team now and should be good enough for a mid table finish. Over to you Jesse!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Arsenal fans not real happy about the addition of Jorginho
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:51 am One thing i will say, if boring tw@t Jose can't turn him into a defender, no one will.

In fact llorente is quite the conundrum isn't he, Bert wanted ball playing CH's, players with a bit of a clue what to do with the ball, decent in the air, comfortable with the ball coming to them and indeed at their feet, seeing the next pass forward, positioning themselves well when having to defend etc etc etc ..

So you go to your shitty fcking house chief buyer of ALL players and ask him to find you such, he provides you Llorente on a platter.

Now Jose reckons Llorente can do a job with him, wtf does that tell you huh ???

I'll tell you after, i'll let you have a go first.
Just tell us the now. The suspense of listening to the son of Old Mother Shipton is hard to bear.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:00 pm Agreed, although I'm loathe to make that a pre arranged substitution.... But yes subs need a minimum of 20 but which subs should be game flow conditional ...
Of course.

State of play/game flow - same difference init.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

From what we've seen of JMs substitutions so far I'm far from impressed, some have worked, others simply done for the sake of it, RB for RB, CF for CF, etc, it ought to be about "horses for courses" knowing your'e opposition, not just giving someone 20 minutes hoping it will pay off, or 2 minutes in JG s case.
If JM subs players just to keep the bench happy, it will only go one way for him, he needs strategy.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:47 am Rodrigo is our top goalscorer this season and playing the best he has done since he joined us so I think he will keep his place for the time being at least.
Agree, it is hard to provide a case for dropping your top scorer in place of Bamford. He needs to earn the right. That means making the most of opportunities in the PL and scoring when he comes on. Good displays against the bottom clubs in the Championship and league 1 is not enough to displace Rodrigo.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Roma seal Llorente loan move.

Good luck to him its a great move. I said yesterday that i hope he does well so we do indeed get in a good fee for him. It goes without saying Roma will not pay good money if he's a flop (same as us with WM) The PL turned out to be too physical for his game.

Monteiro joins Whites.

Nice Birthday present for the kid but lets be honest its another long shot for a difficult position in a physical league. Lets hope he's the next Ben White.

Winter Transfer window - a resounding success for the Whites.

Its been fking awesome. Not in my wildest dreams did i think we would potentially smash our TR twice in this window. As always the proof is in the pudding but young, fast, energetic. Over to you Jesse.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Manure looking to replace Erikson after injury. Marcel Sabitzer is in play

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sorry that's his fiancé ...not sure what happened there. Let me try that again

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

s**t, sorry.. Just a sec I'll get it

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

WTF? I give up, google him yourself folks if you need to
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I'm up for a mud wrestle.