Mason Greenwood/Antony

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Mason Greenwood/Antony

Post by Cjay »

How is that possible?

I won't repost them but the evidence was there for all to see.

Dear god

Statement from Greater Manchester Police
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Mason Greenwood charges dropped

Post by Leeds1000 »

Why has it taken so long? Sounds like his ex has dropped all allegations and not willing to testify.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of innocence from the CPS
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Suppose we'll see the **t back in a red shirt soon !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

When the key witness was the girl who he is now engaged to it was never going to stick. Awful that an apology and promise not to do it again plus a wedge of cash is considered adequate compensation for the behaviour we all heard - I certainly wouldn’t want him playing for Leeds.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

They are getting married, he's likely to be a millionaire, you work it out, more fool her and her family.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I didn't realise they were back together. Farce. ets hope he's learnt some manners from the whole episode. He will still have the terraces and the womans right groups hounding him for a while yet. I suggest the Hungarian league for his comeback.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:05 pm I didn't realise they were back together. Farce. ets hope he's learnt some manners from the whole episode. He will still have the terraces and the womans right groups hounding him for a while yet. I suggest the Hungarian league for his comeback.
Imagine how much all this cost the tax payer for court time, CPS, police officers etc she should be billed for it.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Once again money talks
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Hope not to see him in English football.

Similar thing happened here in baseball. LA Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer (star player) was charged with DV. MLB banned him during the investigation. Charges were eventually dropped. Dodgers could have reinstated him but they waived him instead.

Scum (let's find out if theres truth in that name) should do the same and cut Greenwood. Let him go find his way back in Turkey,
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:27 pm Hope not to see him in English football.

Similar thing happened here in baseball. LA Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer (star player) was charged with DV. MLB banned him during the investigation. Charges were eventually dropped. Dodgers could have reinstated him but they waived him instead.

Scum (let's find out if theres truth in that name) should do the same and cut Greenwood. Let him go find his way back in Turkey,
It will be interesting to see what happens as despite the case being dropped too much was already made public and I don't think any PR company could spin it so that Mason Greenwood is seen as innocent.THe fact the CPS were determined to keep going for so long shows how strong they felt the case was but obviously with the girl deciding not to testify it seriously weakened their case - as no doubt she was probably prepared to then say she made it up and was lying on the video etc.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

They can still prosecute without the victim substantiating the allegation. There will likely be existing material which undermines the prosecution. Loss of witnesses who may become hostile if summonsed just adds to the conclusion that there is no realistic prospect of a finding of guilt, therefore the CPS are duty bound to discontinue the prosecution.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

weasel wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:40 pm It will be interesting to see what happens as despite the case being dropped too much was already made public and I don't think any PR company could spin it so that Mason Greenwood is seen as innocent.THe fact the CPS were determined to keep going for so long shows how strong they felt the case was but obviously with the girl deciding not to testify it seriously weakened their case - as no doubt she was probably prepared to then say she made it up and was lying on the video etc.
I doubt she would say she made it up, she has signed a witness of truth declaration. To say something like that is perverting the course of justice. Victim can say she made a mistake etc
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Sheffield Utd player who went down for rape and had the conviction over turned made a comeback. I think it would as some have already said be a PR disaster for Manure to take him back. But depending on the terms of his contract they may have to now honor any wages he was due after they terminated it.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Amazing what you can get for 50 EFL Final tickets... :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Trouble for Greenwood is he hasn't been cleared and found innocent.

It's just they couldn't get a conviction.

So it isn't like it has been investigated and found innocent.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

They could also sack him still. The fact that they don't have enough evidence for a criminal case doesn't mean he is out of trouble. The Ulster rugby players that were acquitted of rape were sacked by the club for bringing the game into disrepute, based on texts they exchanged.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:16 pm Trouble for Greenwood is he hasn't been cleared and found innocent.

It's just they couldn't get a conviction.

So it isn't like it has been investigated and found innocent.
Could be many possibilities but its usually lack of evidence, unreliable witnesses or new information that casts serious doubt.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:55 pm They can still prosecute without the victim substantiating the allegation. There will likely be existing material which undermines the prosecution. Loss of witnesses who may become hostile if summonsed just adds to the conclusion that there is no realistic prospect of a finding of guilt, therefore the CPS are duty bound to discontinue the prosecution.
Maybe saying made it up was too strong a phrase but she could say it was true but she exaggerated it etc. If, as it seems, most of the evidence was based on the audio recording on the phone then it can be very easy to have that discredited if she was to say she exaggerated things as you can't prove that he was suposedly doing what she suggested he was. For all we know she might have retracted/amended her statement months ago and without her the case is very weak.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:04 pm The Sheffield Utd player who went down for rape and had the conviction over turned made a comeback. I think it would as some have already said be a PR disaster for Manure to take him back. But depending on the terms of his contract they may have to now honor any wages he was due after they terminated it.
The Ched Evans case was very different in my opinion because he went to jail but then was found innocent by the courts on appeal rather than just having the case dropped against him. I got a transcript of the case and it was an incredibly weak case against him. To overturn the original decision and win the appeal you are effectively proving he didn't do it rather than in this case it not being taken to court but that everyone heard the audio from the phone and could make up their own minds.

It is a tricky one for MU but you would have to think they would sack him, even if he then sues for unfair dismissal, simply because it would harm their image to keep him so whatver the financial loss is of getting rid of him it would be less than they'd lose if sponsors pulled out etc. Money talks.