General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:23 am Discos
Yessss! For the salt factor.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:10 pm Cheese puffs, left to go stale. Really increases the cheese hit and you get chewy not that horrible dusty that gets stuck in your teeth and gums
I'm a bit like that with cereals. Always use loads of milk, and leave it to go soggy. A soggy golden nugget was a thing of glory back in the day.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

The recommendation of Tesco’s Roast Beef and Horseradish crisps was spot on, exceptionally strong, just how I like them.

Cheers :tup:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Jeff Beck at the Hollywood bowl sky arts .
Watch a genius folks.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I wonder if we could make tis work over here Sara ?

Man with 102 children says enough is enough.
If getting the kids fed, dressed and packed off to school this morning felt like an ordeal, spare a thought for Musa Hasahya Kasera.

The Ugandan villager has 102 children, but has finally said enough is enough because he cannot afford to feed and clothe them all.

So large is his brood that he freely admits he cannot remember some of his children’s names.

The first baby was born when he married the first of several wives in 1972, when he was just 16 after dropping out of school.

Since then, he has taken on more wives, paying dowries in cows and goats, and the children have been born with alarming regularity.

They now range in age from 10 to 50. The older ones have had multiple children of their own. The whole tribe, including 578 grandchildren, lives in a state of some chaos in a family compound in the village of Bugisa, in a remote area of eastern Uganda.

Nick Squires
Thu, 2 February 2023 at 2:50 pm GMT
Musa Hasahya Kasera has 102 children and 578 grandchildren - Badru Katumba/AFP via Getty Images
Musa Hasahya Kasera has 102 children and 578 grandchildren - Badru Katumba/AFP via Getty Images
If getting the kids fed, dressed and packed off to school this morning felt like an ordeal, spare a thought for Musa Hasahya Kasera.

The Ugandan villager has 102 children, but has finally said enough is enough because he cannot afford to feed and clothe them all.

So large is his brood that he freely admits he cannot remember some of his children’s names.

The first baby was born when he married the first of several wives in 1972, when he was just 16 after dropping out of school.

Since then, he has taken on more wives, paying dowries in cows and goats, and the children have been born with alarming regularity.

They now range in age from 10 to 50. The older ones have had multiple children of their own. The whole tribe, including 578 grandchildren, lives in a state of some chaos in a family compound in the village of Bugisa, in a remote area of eastern Uganda.

Musa Hasahya Kasera with some of his wives, children and grandchildren - Badru Katumba/AFP via Getty Images
Musa Hasahya Kasera with some of his wives, children and grandchildren - Badru Katumba/AFP via Getty Images
The compound consists of a dilapidated house with a rusty corrugated iron roof and about 20 thatched mud huts.

The family has grown to be so vast that Mr Hasahya said he can no longer afford to look after them all.

The 68-year-old has ordered his 12 wives to take contraceptive measures.

“At first it was a joke ... but now this has its problems,” he told the AFP news agency.

“With my health failing and merely two acres of land for such a huge family, two of my wives left because I could not afford the basics like food, education, clothing.

“My wives are on contraceptives but I am not. I don't expect to have more children because I have learnt from my irresponsible act of producing so many children that I can't look after [them].”

Mr Hasahya, who made money from rearing cattle, revels in a certain celebrity status in the region.

His urge to reproduce came as a young man when his only sibling, a brother, advised him to marry “many wives” and ensure that the family expanded. He appears to have taken on the challenge with the utmost dedication.

“How can a man be satisfied with one woman? That is a sign of being born a man but with female hormones,” he told The Daily Monitor, a Ugandan newspaper, in a recent interview.

“All my wives … live together in the same house. It’s easy for me to monitor them and also stop them from eloping with other men in the village.”

I'm especially keen on that last bit, which seems to make total sense re eloping.

The underlined bit is equally as interesting, assuming we came from the ape family network, we seem to have digressed somewhat through this institution called Marriage and monogamy, good to see he's keeping up old traditions.
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:02 pm The recommendation of Tesco’s Roast Beef and Horseradish crisps was spot on, exceptionally strong, just how I like them.

Cheers :tup:
I was just popping into this thread to ask you about them, Ken! Glad they hit the spot for you :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:35 pm I was just popping into this thread to ask you about them, Ken! Glad they hit the spot you :tup:
Purchased a couple more bags yesterday 😂.

Have you tried any of the other flavours in that range ?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:23 pm I wonder if we could make tis work over here Sara ?

Man with 102 children says enough is enough.

Nick Squires
Thu, 2 February 2023 at 2:50 pm GMT

The compound consists of a dilapidated house with a rusty corrugated iron roof and about 20 thatched mud huts.

The family has grown to be so vast that Mr Hasahya said he can no longer afford to look after them all.

The 68-year-old has ordered his 12 wives to take contraceptive measures.

“At first it was a joke ... but now this has its problems,” he told the AFP news agency.

“With my health failing and merely two acres of land for such a huge family, two of my wives left because I could not afford the basics like food, education, clothing.

“My wives are on contraceptives but I am not. I don't expect to have more children because I have learnt from my irresponsible act of producing so many children that I can't look after [them].”

Mr Hasahya, who made money from rearing cattle, revels in a certain celebrity status in the region.

His urge to reproduce came as a young man when his only sibling, a brother, advised him to marry “many wives” and ensure that the family expanded. He appears to have taken on the challenge with the utmost dedication.

“How can a man be satisfied with one woman? That is a sign of being born a man but with female hormones,” he told The Daily Monitor, a Ugandan newspaper, in a recent interview.

“All my wives … live together in the same house. It’s easy for me to monitor them and also stop them from eloping with other men in the village.”

I'm especially keen on that last bit, which seems to make total sense re eloping.

The underlined bit is equally as interesting, assuming we came from the ape family network, we seem to have digressed somewhat through this institution called Marriage and monogamy, good to see he's keeping up old traditions.
You still owe me those goats!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:34 pm Purchased a couple more bags yesterday 😂.

Good man!!

I haven't, but I'm sure I will at some point. Will keep you posted
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

I still eat Monster munch.

The snack of kings!
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Rook wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:00 pm I still eat Monster munch.

The snack of kings!
Pickled Onion edge out the Beef for me, superb.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:03 pm Pickled Onion edge out the Beef for me, superb.

Yeah, it's close, but i agree with you mate. Pickled onion just about edges it.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:03 pm Pickled Onion edge out the Beef for me, superb.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Just when I thought you knew your crisps 🤣🤣🤣, Roast Beef for me easy.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Spicy.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:34 pm Purchased a couple more bags yesterday 😂.

I forgot to check them out when we were in Tesco yesterday.

I don't generally eat crisps, but the Roast Beef and Horseradish flavour seems very appetising.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

My favourites were Branston Pickle Mini Cheddars but they discontinued them last year.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:41 pm I forgot to check them out when we were in Tesco yesterday.

I don't generally eat crisps, but the Roast Beef and Horseradish flavour seems very appetising.
You won’t be disappointed, very strong which is what I like.

Think I’ll try one of the other flavours too next time.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Do you lot only eat crisps. “What’s for tea tonight darling. Crisps. Oooh yum yum”. :roflmao:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I know it’s probably deeply unpopular with the MOT crisp aficionados but I do love a vegetable crisp. The best ones are very surprisingly from Aldi. You have to ask the fat people to move out the way first. They tend to congregate in the crisp aisle
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:47 pm You still owe me those goats!
:lol: You was never expecting full payment for her.

Gotta laugh at this bit...

including 578 grandchildren, lives in a state of some chaos

What a great way to describe the daily grind, can only imagine....

And we worry over franticball here, let's spare a thought for this guy :roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)