Jesse Marsch pre Forest (Dont worry Ian I got this)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jesse Marsch pre Forest (Dont worry Ian I got this)

Post by Cjay »

Injuries
Adam we're building up but not quite ready, Stuart is making really good progress, Sonny Perkins picked up an injury too. We're obvioulsy disasponted with Rodrigo news, we have to take care of these guys. This one was a contact injury at the end of the match and resulting in a small fracture.

More on Rodrigo replacements
Pat is in a good way, he's training and playing well. It's also the reason we got Rutter, he's ready for big challenges with us. We have a strong squad and we're excited.
We got Rutter because we felt he was ready I 've been impressed with how intelligent he is. We're excited to give him opportunities.

Marsh on progress and Harrison.
It's clear our group is coming together in a strong way. You can't avoid the table, it's tight but we have finally created a process that we're focused on our development. You could look at it a lot of ways, go through our last seven games and we've only lost one.

It's time to talk about transfers I guess. In the 11th hour something came from nothing. We've been talking with Jack about his contract for a while, it's stalled at moments and we've spent a lot of money. Once it all came together it was clear we wanted Jack to stay and Jack wanted to stay.

Was Harrison in Leicester?
I'm not sure about the details of that but I was in constant contact and his agent was helpful

On Chelsea's spending
I saw Klopp's response that he needed to have a lawyer present and maybe I need Klopp's lawyer as well. When teams have resources that's a benefit to them. I'm focused on us. In the transfer windows it's never easy but there's no question our squad is stronger now than it was a year ago. It's my job to take the support and make it add up to results.

Who sanctioned Harrison's sale?
It came so late and we were trying to comtemplate whether it was the right moment. It's a chance for us to solidify exectly how we feel about Jack and there hasn't been many times a player has learned how invested a club is in them. Once we got all the decision makers to align themselves, Jack had to stay.

We felt like Rodri was hurt and Jack is an important player and he's played the most minutes since I've been here. It was relatively easy.

I think his head is really clear, it was a chance for everyone to express how important he is to us. I wish my wife would show the vote of confidence we did to Jack.

Marsch on new signings
This is my job, to integrate everyone and update everyone. The additions have in their background some connection to what we're trying to do. The integration has been fairly simple. I expect all three of them will make an impact.

Marsch on Forest
They play 4-2-3-1 against Man U and rotated a few players. I think we can predict who we will see, they play more of a diamond. The focus for us is to be at our best to go to a rival and a team we respect, it's a moment for us to show we're ready for bigger challenges

Could McKennie start?
Weston is a competitor, he believes in himself, he's flexible, he's aggressive, confident and quality. He's been outstanding in training, he's fit and in consideration to start

Marsch on the squad
We have great options in every position. I have challenged the group, whether they're starting or on the bench. You can see the belief and commitment. I've never been more excited to be the manger of this team.

Bamford?
Even when we put Rodri in, part of the idea was can we get them playing more. We won't be able to do that but the fact Bamford is in his best shape is the talking point. He wasn't right before but we need him. We'll monitor him carefully to make sure we don't overextend him

More on Harrison's situation
I think until we could get everyone aligned. Andrea was in Italy, we were in Leeds, the 49ers were in California, it took time to get all aligned. I knew Jack spoke to Brendan. His intention was never to leave, he wanted to stay but we had to show him the reasons why. Once we were able to align it was clear to everyone.

On Llorente and Monteiro
DIego wasn't so easy but he felt he needed a change due to things in his personal life. We had been working on Diogo for a while, is he ready to take on Diego's role? Probably not. But we're hopeful that just the way Willy have progressed that we've found another gem

How easy is it to keep hold of players?
Once a player gets within a year and a half of his contract being up you have to make a decision. Sometimes players benefit financially even if they may not want to leave. The market is a lot to manage. As the coach all I feel I can do is profess our plan and be clear about what our future looks like.

If you have open dialogue and have an open relationship, even if you lose a player you're losing them for the right reasons.

Marsch on his board support
I've said I've never felt so supported in my career. I think a lot of the responsibility falls on myself and my staff and team. We're in a position to focus on being good and once we're good we can be great. We have real options and strength in quality. I'm excited and motivated because now I can see the potential

Llorente cover?
We talked a little bit about our options. Honestly one of the factors is that Junior is in a good way and bringing in Diogo. We discussed it but decided against it.

I think the squad is stronger than its been since I've been here. Maybe in the future we could use one more player at the back. Our squad is lean but strong and that's what we wanted, we feel like we have quality and weapons and there's an excitement about continuing the process to get better and better.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jesse Marsch pre Forest (Dont worry Ian I got this)

Post by Cjay »

Mrs Marsch needs to show Jack more support apparently

Bloody Mrs Marsch
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

Prefer Ians version......

More compact and precise
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Mrs Marsch? She’s not confident in her husband?
Not Confident in him to do what? This is a mystery.
Vacuuming. Washing up. What?
I was going to say bedroom stuff but I can’t have that vision in my head
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I thought I had failed in Jesse Marsch bingo.

Didn't say clarity.

But process is there.

I got 1 point
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:57 pm Mrs Marsch? She’s not confident in her husband?
Not Confident in him to do what? This is a mystery.
Vacuuming. Washing up. What?
I was going to say bedroom stuff but I can’t have that vision in my head
No I think she sent Jack to Leicester

She needs to show Harrison more support.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:13 pm No I think she sent Jack to Leicester

She needs to show Harrison more support.
No I think we have a classic Anglo American misunderstanding here Godammit.
He said I think I’ll send Jack to Coventry as he’s getting on my wick and she mistook that geographically for Leicester. Easily done. My wife sent me to Coventry last week and I ended up in Solihull
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Jaydog wrote: No I think we have a classic Anglo American misunderstanding here Godammit.
He said I think I’ll send Jack to Coventry as he’s getting on my wick and she mistook that geographically for Leicester. Easily done. My wife sent me to Coventry last week and I ended up in Solihull
Solihull...posh fecker !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm relieved we're now in a position to focus on being good, rather than focusing on being shite.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Lots of talk from JM. He is an interviewers dream. But it is meaningless unless the team deliver against Forest.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:44 pm Solihull...posh fecker !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Define posh :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

hector wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:57 pm Prefer Ians version......

More compact and precise
:lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

well it sounds as though marsh is really excited about his squad, he says we have a strong squad and some quality players, so he has laid out his cards on the table now, only results will show how confident he is. lets hope he doesnt fall short and delivers the talk and gets us up that table away from releagtion. Come on Marshy Boy
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:52 pm Mrs Marsch needs to show Jack more support apparently

Bloody Mrs Marsch
I read that too as "Mrs Marsch doesn't rate Harrison"

Also - when asked about Harrison, he was "in constant contact" but didn't know where he was
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:47 pm I'm relieved we're now in a position to focus on being good, rather than focusing on being shite.
Yeah i'm beginning to feel that, god forbid we look garbage v Forest, can you imagine :roll:

Forget the Jack thing now, done and dusted.

He's got big shoulders on him as Jack, he's not a sulker like some Spanish gits, he won't down tools, he'll knuckle down and grind, fair play to him if he thought he'd be wanted and better thought of by Brendan.

He has confidence in himself and that's a good thing, i hope he strikes a chord and commands a spot making him hard to shift.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:47 pm I'm relieved we're now in a position to focus on being good, rather than focusing on being shite.
I'm beginning to dare to hope Sara
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:56 pm I'm beginning to dare to hope Sara
I wish I was. Still think the system and the manager hamper us though... we're a good managerial change away from flying up the table!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:51 pm

Marsh on progress and Harrison.
It's clear our group is coming together in a strong way. You can't avoid the table, it's tight but we have finally created a process that we're focused on our development. You could look at it a lot of ways, go through our last seven games and we've only lost one.

Good use of selective stats, conveniently ignoring 3 succesive losses prior to our impressive run of 7 matches where we have only lost 1. Only won 2 of those 7 matches and those were in the 3 matches against Cardiff and Accrington.

Was Harrison in Leicester?
I'm not sure about the details of that but I was in constant contact and his agent was helpful

Seems strange not to just say yes considering what Brendan Rogers has said about Harrison having the medical and talking to him etc It comes accross as like a lover just constantly lying so you don't notice when he lies about the important things.

On Chelsea's spending
there's no question our squad is stronger now than it was a year ago. It's my job to take the support and make it add up to results.

Good, no more excuses and bs then

Who sanctioned Harrison's sale?
It came so late and we were trying to comtemplate whether it was the right moment. It's a chance for us to solidify exectly how we feel about Jack and there hasn't been many times a player has learned how invested a club is in them. Once we got all the decision makers to align themselves, Jack had to stay.
We felt like Rodri was hurt and Jack is an important player and he's played the most minutes since I've been here. It was relatively easy.
I think his head is really clear, it was a chance for everyone to express how important he is to us. I wish my wife would show the vote of confidence we did to Jack.

Again just baffling. You don't tell the player to go to Leicester and allow them tostart a medical if you supposedly all feel great about Jack. What none of you had chance to talk to each other so Jack was sent just in case by the time you got to talk someone decided it was the right call to sell him. Forgive me I just can't stand bs, just be honest because the bs doesn't make any sense and I don't think Harrison will be fooled and neither will most of the fans. The bit about Rodrigo is just baffling, so if Rodrigo wasn't injured you'd have sold Harrison? Hardly a vote of confidence

Marsch on Forest
They play 4-2-3-1 against Man U and rotated a few players. I think we can predict who we will see, they play more of a diamond. The focus for us is to be at our best to go to a rival and a team we respect, it's a moment for us to show we're ready for bigger challenges

I doubt most Forest fans would feel confident of getting more than 8 out of 11 starters right if they were predicting the Forest line-up given the amount of signings.

More on Harrison's situation
I think until we could get everyone aligned. Andrea was in Italy, we were in Leeds, the 49ers were in California, it took time to get all aligned. I knew Jack spoke to Brendan. His intention was never to leave, he wanted to stay but we had to show him the reasons why. Once we were able to align it was clear to everyone.

Goes back to what I said before just bs. You don't send a player to have a medical at another club unless most, or all, of you are in agreement.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:34 pm I wish I was. Still think the system and the manager hamper us though... we're a good managerial change away from flying up the table!
Sadly I agree :(