Jesse Marsch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Jesse Marsch-GET HIM GONE

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:26 pm Brentford play some awful football, but he is doing well with them.
He’d manage Marsch under the table. We’d easily stay up with the right appointment. I’m certain of that
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

US fans seeing the light
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:39 pm He’d manage Marsch under the table. We’d easily stay up with the right appointment. I’m certain of that
I guess at this stage they will look at an appointment to keep us up, rather than whose gonna take us forward long term?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I am surprised anyone is calling for Frank (calm down calm down) Thomas after what we witnessed at ER.

There is no point prolonging the inevitable with Jesse.... time is up... lets have a clean slate. I do feel that he has pulled the wool over my eyes for the last year with his continuous incremental "we are getting there" comments. Chelski was there but that seems a long way from home now.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:48 pm No f**king way
I don't want Gerrard, or Lampard, they're a pair of useless twats
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:44 pm I guess at this stage they will look at an appointment to keep us up, rather than whose gonna take us forward long term?
Maybe. But who? 18 games is loads to keep us up but how long will they leave it? And where are the people who backed Marsch. How you can after that is beyond me. The regression is alarming to say the least
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:47 pm Maybe. But who? 18 games is loads to keep us up but how long will they leave it? And where are the people who backed Marsch. How you can after that is beyond me. The regression is alarming to say the least
I did want him to succeed, but I'm just not seeing any progression. He should go now for me and get it over with.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:51 pm I did want him to succeed, but I'm just not seeing any progression. He should go now for me and get it over with.
Of course. So did I.
I thought we’d stay up alright and he’d go in the summer. But he needs to go now. That 2nd half was the worst I’ve seen. Clueless. Cooper changed things a little and totally flummoxed Marsch. If we stick with him it’ll get worse. Just a sleepwalk into relegation
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:55 pm Of course. So did I.
I thought we’d stay up alright and he’d go in the summer. But he needs to go now. That 2nd half was the worst I’ve seen. Clueless. Cooper changed things a little and totally flummoxed Marsch. If we stick with him it’ll get worse. Just a sleepwalk into relegation
I think Everton having instant new manager bounce hasn't helped things. But saying that, I can't see us getting that luck that everyone else does.
Suffolkwhite Luke
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Suffolkwhite Luke »

Long time reader, first time poster. Hello all.

I’ve always wanted Marsch to succeed as if he is succeeding so are we as a team and surely that’s all any of us want.

It feels like we’ve arrived at a crossroads after travelling down the road towards it for quite some time although I know other posters feel we arrived at the crossroads and should have changed direction a while ago.

For me at the start of the season Jesse hadn’t been given all the tools he needed to be given the maximum chance to succeed at doing his job, however with the arrival of Chris Armas and the January signings the board have given him the tools to give him the best chance of making it work, the question for me is does he have the ability to use those tools? It would feel harsh to give him the boot after just 1 premier league game of having all the tools in place, but how long can you give him to see if he has it in locker to get it working?

I don’t envy the board having to make this decision, better the devil you know, or twist on an unknown quantity?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:00 pm Pl 20 Pts 22 Last season
Pl 20 Pts 18 This season

Even those who seek to defend Marsch by always dragging up Bielsa's last seasonin charge can surely no longer use it as some sort of justication as to JM being a decent coach.
They make you laugh don't they, clamouring and clutching around like babies that can't swim, give me another manager, give me another manager blah :verysad: blah :verysad: blah :verysad: give me another manager.

See the bigger picture ffs.

Take away Jesses picks and what are you left to work with : Aaronson, Llorente, Firpo, Roca, Sinisterra

Any manager coming in needs to insist on one fcking thing : GET RID OF THAT FCKING CLOWN.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Jesse Marsch-How long to turn it around?

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm Fecklessness is underrated imo.

Only just seen this..

:roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:19 pm Beautiful word, much underused. Up there amongst my favourites along with cockwomble. :)
And George Whitebread.

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Suffolkwhite Luke wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:12 pm Long time reader, first time poster. Hello all.

I’ve always wanted Marsch to succeed as if he is succeeding so are we as a team and surely that’s all any of us want.

It feels like we’ve arrived at a crossroads after travelling down the road towards it for quite some time although I know other posters feel we arrived at the crossroads and should have changed direction a while ago.

For me at the start of the season Jesse hadn’t been given all the tools he needed to be given the maximum chance to succeed at doing his job, however with the arrival of Chris Armas and the January signings the board have given him the tools to give him the best chance of making it work, the question for me is does he have the ability to use those tools? It would feel harsh to give him the boot after just 1 premier league game of having all the tools in place, but how long can you give him to see if he has it in locker to get it working?

I don’t envy the board having to make this decision, better the devil you know, or twist on an unknown quantity?
I would say that in the summer he was given enough tools to be able to do a far better job than he has. He had 3 players bought that were completely at home with the tactics. He'd also got to known the team for a few months and seen what each player could do. He had the summer to decide what tactics to implement and the whole of pre-season to train the players to play that way.

If there were signs of progression and things coming together then you say, yes let's back him, give him a few more tools. The board did that despite there being no signs of progression and alarming signs of regression (7 points from the first 3 matches followed by 11 in the next 16, now 17, matches).

If the board decides that it is better the devil you know well the devil we know has taken 18 points from 20 matches and the devil we know is on course to take us down.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Jesse Marsch post Forest

Post by BradWhite »

Akin to being on the Titanic with a puncture repair kit.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Suffolkwhite Luke wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:12 pm Long time reader, first time poster. Hello all.

Welcome Luke :tup:

Looking forward to our first holiday of 2023 in Suffolk, come April.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Does anyone think he should stay?

Post by Mountain »

I suspect this might be a quieter thread than the various "he must go/who is next" threads.

But anyone else a bit more sanguine about it?

I have always said he seems like an eejit. But that's almost incidental. Personality doesn't matter when results go well, Alex Ferguson was a pig but few cared.

I always thought Marsch deserved to be cut some slack because the club will always be limited by the wages we pay. I just think going back into the cycle of hire and sack, hire and sack should be a last resort. I wouldn't sack him in the hope that someone will come along, if they don't have someone lined up I think they should hold fire. And maybe he deserves the chance to see his signings bed in, the January ones haven't been here a wet week yet.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Does anyone think he should stay?

Post by Jaydog »

Always a tough call. But if you watch that game today and come to the conclusion that maybe he needs time for bedding in new players, injured players coming back to full match fitness etc then you are kidding yourself. It’s just a cycle that always has the same conclusion. But I agree I don’t want to panic, get the next appointment right and we’ll be fine but if we stick with Marsch we are doomed.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

BB011944-FCFE-4D86-9E69-B4D61D401817.gif
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Normally I don't sit on t' fence, but, I don't want any old herbert coming in like blankard or gerrard, I have been thinking for some time however that board have been searching for a little while.
Like you mountain, things could change quite quickly if we could put some chances away, although, the tactics leave just too much to be desired, I think it's time to part company, and for his health, best for him as well.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"