Jesse Marsch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Jesse Marsch post Forest

Post by Kennyb41 »

ActionJackson wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:51 pm TBF, it’s basketball shite.
We need to transition in the final play end.

Disconbobulated Bob, what would you have done formation and tactics wise ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Does anyone think he should stay?

Post by BobHirst »

I was willing to give him a chance but I think he's just about at the end of the road.
He's not that far off in finding a winning team but he just doesn't seem to be able to get us over that line.
It's only half the season gone but it probably needs to happen soon so the new guy has a better than fair chance of keeping us up.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

My only tiny but of consideration given to Marsch getting more time has nothing to do with my faith in Marsch (I have none).

It's because Victor Orta picking another manager is terrifying.

Especially mid season.

He has picked 2 and they both occupy places in our bottom 5 worst performing managers ever (permanent).

So without knowing who we have lined up I can't 100% I want Marsch gone.

But it's nothing to do with Jesse needing more time.

Orta worries me

But I also think giving Jesse more time will limit our chances of getting a decent manager in.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

An interesting question, Mountain.

Who is going to stick their hand up :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:49 pm Always a tough call. But if you watch that game today and come to the conclusion that maybe he needs time for bedding in new players, injured players coming back to full match fitness etc then you are kidding yourself. It’s just a cycle that always has the same conclusion. But I agree I don’t want to panic, get the next appointment right and we’ll be fine but if we stick with Marsch we are doomed.

Doomed!
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm We need to transition in the final play end.

Disconbobulated Bob, what would you have done formation and tactics wise ?
Well Blind Kenny, I'd have kicked the ball into the net more times than they did.
That would've worked.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BobHirst wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:26 pm Well Blind Kenny, I'd have kicked the ball into the net more times than they did.
That would've worked.
I think you just summed up Jesses half time team talk :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BradWhite wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:38 pm Akin to being on the Titanic with a puncture repair kit.
Can anyone tell Marsch where to stick it?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Can’t keep attacking Marsch. It’s pretty boring now. He’s not good enough. Not effing rocket science. Not his fault he’s s**t, he's a deluded corporate cockwomble. f**k him off to some American basketball ball team where his w**k talk might make some sense
GoldenisThyFame
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by GoldenisThyFame »

Dude's time has to be close to over.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ref was a cracker today anorl.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Any defence of Marsch. Hello. Echo.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Losing can become a habit, especially when the team fall behind against the run of play. Psychologically when the same situation keeps repeating itself it must affect the team. Desperation and panic set in.

This season we have conceded at least 5 goals from memory when a dead ball comes in off the right flank.

People blame Struijk for the tackle, but on any given day, if you are going to foul an opponent then the position he did is not a bad place in general.

We just seem to give away the most horrendous goals, players who cannot hit a barn door week in week out seem to have their one good shot in 20 against us.

As the saying goes you make your own luck in this game and for whatever reason we do not seem to get much with JM.

The board must surely be sounding out a replacement, again it will be a change that involves all the coaching staff when it happens. But as others have already written timing is crucial. They have the two Manure games to get it sorted, getting a result in either game could be bitter sweet as the board may decide to stick rather than twist.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

I think we didnt fix the actual issue and Rodrigo went out at the wrong time. Do I blame Marsch for these things? Not particularly, but its been long enough that it's worth trying a different manager to shake things up.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I also find it bizarre how we can possibly spend 70 million (assuming we buy McKennie) and not start either. Any other team gets a big signing and they start because they were signed to make a difference. Even if that difference lasts 60 mins it is better than introducing them late when the opposition have effectively camped in their 18 yard box.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Does Marsch have a Plan

Post by Ratscoot »

That'll be a big fat no then
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Does Marsch have a Plan

Post by Jaydog »

If his plan is to relegate us then he’s right on course
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:57 pm As the saying goes you make your own luck in this game and for whatever reason we do not seem to get much with JM.
The irony is he had incredible luck last season, some of the results were nothing short of miraculous in spite of poor football, like Wolves away. That seems to have deserted him. There is a line about lucky generals being better than good ones.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:23 pm The irony is he had incredible luck last season, some of the results were nothing short of miraculous in spite of poor football, like Wolves away. That seems to have deserted him. There is a line about lucky generals being better than good ones.
Maybe evening itself out. The luck against Wolves in the first match of the season when a poor shot by Rodrigo squirms in. THe luck against Chelsea when Mendy dallies on the ball and gifts Aaronsen a goal (not to mention the millimetres Sterling was offside by when he would have put Chelsea 1-0 up), The Liverpool f*ck up to gift us the lead against them. 3 of our 4 wins had a generous helping of good luck attacher to them.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Jesse Marsch-GET HIM GONE

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I’m right back where I was after the Palace game. Which is that Jesse has to go. He’s had time and been backed. And the results are SCREAMING for him to be sacked. I was prepared to give him February if we got a result today. Not now. After that 2nd half performance any reasonable person can see it’s not working. Forrest got their goal and parked the bus. And behind the bus they had Keylor Navas. We had no answers. None!!

The team needs new ideas. A new voice. And I have no idea who that is. I just know it ain’t Jesse Marsch.
Football/Futbol/Soccer