Imagine if we got Poch on a temp contract til May!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Imagine if we got Poch on a temp contract til May!

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Probably does not warrant a brand new post but my face is not bothered! If this happened, I'd be well happy. Thoughts?
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Imagine if we got Poch on a temp contract til May!

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Don’t think many would be against it.

Doubt he would take it though.

He wants a London club
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Why a temp contract and not a full time one ?
Whomever it is, needs to have better tactics than the last 2 managers, between them it was a case of :
2 basic manoeuveres, going forward in a state of disorder, and, going backwards in a state of chaos.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Wanting and getting ain't quite how it works . Think he'd be steady ...
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:41 pm Why a temp contract and not a full time one ?
Whomever it is, needs to have better tactics than the last 2 managers, between them it was a case of :
2 basic manoeuveres, going forward in a state of disorder, and, going backwards in a state of chaos.
If he keeps us up and is interested (based on promises) he signs permanently after we survive! If 49'ers are serious, we could do much worse and so could he!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:05 pm If he keeps us up and is interested (based on promises) he signs permanently after we survive! If 49'ers are serious, we could do much worse and so could he!
:tup:
I think anyone with tactical nounce and willing to alter the system to the opposition on the day, will be more than capable of keeping us up.
I just hope the new players aren't to despondent about this happening, and not wanting to use it as a get out clause themselves.
Any new manager will have a great pool of players to choose from, plus some very decent ones out on loan, the next recruitment simply HAS to be the correct one.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Obviously, it would be a yes from any normal thinking Leeds supporter.

I’d suggest you were barking mad to think such a thing could happen, but he’s actually third favourite with the bookies. I take the new manager markets with a pinch of salt, but still third favourite :duno: :duno: :duno:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I was thinking the same. Give Pochettino a temporary contract with an option to long term in the summer.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:41 pm Why a temp contract and not a full time one ?
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Quality post :lol: :lol: :lol:
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Poch would get the thumbs up from me. :tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'd have Poch in a heartbeat, but wouldn't he be insulted if we offered him a temporary contract? "Not sure you're good enough, Mauricio, so we'll give you to the summer and reassess" "Tu puta madre" mutters Poch as he walks away and waits for a call from Liverpool or Manchester!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Talented manager - would make the most of this squad. But can he do it quick enough? Also agree he'd be hard to drag out of the 'big city', as someone else just said.

I am wondering if they're looking at someone like Tuchel. Bit of a weirdo - but has a solid track record.

Santo could be good - did well at Wolves, but must be earning a fortune in the oil patch.

Given how quickly it happened this weekend, pretty sure there are negotiations underway as we speak.

I do fear for facing Man United twice with all this hanging over our heads.
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Poch all the way. Perm contract for 3 years, lets do it. WE ARE BIGGER ENOUGH FOR HIM
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He won't come but a bridge manager he ain't .....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"