Southampton Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Locked
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:24 pm Us lol.

He has a squad that knows his style back to front.

He doesn't have to coach which he clearly can't.

Vibes alone may be enough
Exactly what the fans are saying on their forum.
Can’t say I’m looking forward to that game.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by weasel »

I just marvel at the stupidity at times of people making these sort of decisions. They sack Huffelpoof and replace him with Nathan Jones who has done great at Luton but failed miserably at Stoke, if that didn't send off alarm signals then what does? They fire him and then go for a Huffelpoof clone who similar to Jones failed at Leipzig and failed at Leeds (yes some will point out he kept us up but it was hardly convincing in any way). It just seems like they want to go down. When our board appointed Marsch it was with the idea he would be a good coach to get us promoted if we did go down but there was no evidence during his time with us to suggest he would be able to do that.

No doubt Marsch will now get the new manager bounce he failed to get with us.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
ActionJackson
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:03 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by ActionJackson »

This is a twist to the season I would not have predicted back in August. Or September. Or at any other time point prior to the last 48 or 72 hours. I don't know if I'll be able to watch the SH game.
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Well has already effectively got them three points when you recall his grand plan back in the heatwave.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23124
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:24 pm Us lol.

He has a squad that knows his style back to front.

He doesn't have to coach which he clearly can't.

Vibes alone may be enough
You just know how it will all end lol. Would be funny if it weren't so cruel!
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41694
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:01 pm You just know how it will all end lol. Would be funny if it weren't so cruel!
It's almost written in the stars :lol:

Marsch gets 2 wins a few draws sends us down last day.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Whatever Marsch does with Southampton we would have gone down with him in charge. Can’t see too many opposing that view on here. It’s the timing of the sacking that’ll do it not Marsch.
Should we have held on to Marsch so Soton didn’t get him. Obviously not and I don’t think they ever envisaged it being this hard to get a new one in
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm Whatever Marsch does with Southampton we would have gone down with him in charge. Can’t see too many opposing that view on here. It’s the timing of the sacking that’ll do it not Marsch.
Should we have held on to Marsch so Soton didn’t get him. Obviously not and I don’t think they ever envisaged it being this hard to get a new one in
No!
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm Whatever Marsch does with Southampton we would have gone down with him in charge. Can’t see too many opposing that view on here. It’s the timing of the sacking that’ll do it not Marsch.
Should we have held on to Marsch so Soton didn’t get him. Obviously not and I don’t think they ever envisaged it being this hard to get a new one in
Exactly Jay, the timing was so wrong. Should have happened pre world cup, we waited too long and the arrogance of our board who thought they only had to snap their fingers and managers in droves would come running. What a mess!
1corvus1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by 1corvus1 »

So many comments on here full of doom and gloom seem to be happier when leeds can't get a result. Don't care about marsch going to Southampton. I have no doubt we will get three points of them. Ted can philosophy all he wants and spout all his pearls of wisdom to their fans. I have faith in our players to get the results we need. Reading the comments on here you would think its scum fans masquerading as Leeds fans. Rant over
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by weasel »

1corvus1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:13 pm So many comments on here full of doom and gloom seem to be happier when leeds can't get a result. Don't care about marsch going to Southampton. I have no doubt we will get three points of them. Ted can philosophy all he wants and spout all his pearls of wisdom to their fans. I have faith in our players to get the results we need. Reading the comments on here you would think its scum fans masquerading as Leeds fans. Rant over
Well said Corvus. I will be delighted if he goes there as it will be the nail that firmly shuts their coffin. Just need two othe teams to finish below us.
If our players can't motivate themselves to beat a Marsch side they deserve to go down.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
1corvus1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by 1corvus1 »

:tup:
weasel wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:17 pm Well said Corvus. I will be delighted if he goes there as it will be the nail that firmly shuts their coffin. Just need two othe teams to finish below us.
If our players can't motivate themselves to beat a Marsch side they deserve to go down.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by whiteswan »

1corvus1 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:13 pm So many comments on here full of doom and gloom seem to be happier when leeds can't get a result. Don't care about marsch going to Southampton. I have no doubt we will get three points of them. Ted can philosophy all he wants and spout all his pearls of wisdom to their fans. I have faith in our players to get the results we need. Reading the comments on here you would think its scum fans masquerading as Leeds fans. Rant over
Oh give over for goodness sake. No one on here wants Leeds to lose. I'm quite offended that you would think I for one am masking as a Scum fan. I've supported this club for over 50 years! Been to many many games. The fact is that this board have well and truly screwed up. Here we are, no manager, the previous guy should have gone months ago. Do you understand the importance of results? No? Then I get your post.

Rant over!
Prisoner37
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Prisoner37 »

As long as Skoobs goes man to man on Gandhi and Mother Teresa we will take all 3 points against Southampton.
1corvus1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by 1corvus1 »

1corvus1 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:09 am Oh give over for goodness sake. No one on here wants Leeds to lose. I'm quite offended that you would think I for one am masking as a Scum fan. I've supported this club for over 50 years! Been to many many games. The fact is that this board have well and truly screwed up. Here we are, no manager, the previous guy should have gone months ago. Do you understand the importance of results? No? Then I get your post.
well reading a lot of posts no matter who we play we are going to loose the next fixture. Yes everybody wants to see us win but moaning and bitching about it constantly achieves nothing, posting some kind of critical post is a fair one but posting just to moan is a waste of time. Yes everybody is disappointed the results we have been getting but they should keep the faith. I know we have the players to get the results we need. I have only been a supporter for over 40 years so you win that one and I get to only two matches a year as I live in Northern Ireland and it can cost quite a lump to get there.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:55 pm Exactly Jay, the timing was so wrong. Should have happened pre world cup, we waited too long and the arrogance of our board who thought they only had to snap their fingers and managers in droves would come running. What a mess!
Should have happened pre season .....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Madron »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm Whatever Marsch does with Southampton we would have gone down with him in charge. Can’t see too many opposing that view on here. It’s the timing of the sacking that’ll do it not Marsch.
Should we have held on to Marsch so Soton didn’t get him. Obviously not and I don’t think they ever envisaged it being this hard to get a new one in
Eh ?
Surely if JM was going to take us down (debatable) why would we not want him to go to Saints ?
If he was taking us down he sure as hell will be taking them down.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anybody remember Jesses first attempts at implementing his style for us when he first arrived ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Madron wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:37 am Eh ?
Surely if JM was going to take us down (debatable) why would we not want him to go to Saints ?
If he was taking us down he sure as hell will be taking them down.
It’s always debatable, Ron. When you don’t know the future.
And no not necessarily. It’s possible he’s far more suited to them than us for obvious reasons.
Like I said it’s the timing of the sacking that’s the problem
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Southampton Thread

Post by BGwhite »

Marsch will go there and have them playing like world-beaters just in time to play us

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Locked