Leeds vs Southampton Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds vs Southampton Player Ratings

Post by Cjay »

1-10 please plus any individual analysis

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Wober
Firpo
Adams
McKennie
Gnonto
Harrison
Aaronson
Bamford

Rutter
Summerville
Roca
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds vs Southampton Player Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Apologies, very dodgy streams meant I saw only around 30 minutes of actual game time. I'll post if deemed that's enough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:02 pm Apologies, very dodgy streams meant I saw only around 30 minutes of actual game time. I'll post if deemed that's enough
Feel free
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 7 - Hard to rate him as he had almost nothing to do.
Ayling - 7- Excellent game defensively, a few bad passes going forward.
Koch - 8.5 - He and Wober bossed their forwards all game long, regardless of which combination of players Southampton put out.
Wober - 8.5 - See Koch
Firpo - 9.5 - A nearly flawless performance. Brilliant. MOTM. Easily.
Adams - 8 - Maybe five minutes out of 90 Southampton were able to maintain possession in the midfield.
McKennie - 8 - See Adams
Gnonto - 7.5 - Our most dangerous player going forward in the first half. Was very surprised he was subbed off.
Harrison - 7.5 - Fine game from Jack. Obviously happier on the wing than in the middle.
Aaronson - 7.5 - His best game for us in a while, particularly in the first half when he showed real fight.
Bamford - 7 - Bad slip cost us an opportunity on a corner. No clear opportunities.

Rutter - 7.5 - Iced the game away for us.
Summerville - 7 - If he can find a finishing touch we'll have an excellent player on our hands
Roca - 7 - Did what was expected. A much better sub, tactically, than taking Willy off.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier-6 . Had nothing to do.

Ayling-6.5 . Solid defensively but passing erratic at times.

Koch-9 . Absolutely bossed the Southampton attack.

Wober-9 . . See Koch

Firpo-9.5 . Immense in every way.

Adams-8 . Worked so hard

McKennie-8.5 . Grew into the game, brilliant second half.

Gnonto-6. But meh I felt

Harrison-7 . Meh 1st half but improved in 2nd.

Aaronson-7.5 . .Best game for a while, worked hard and tried to drive forward

Bamford-6 . See Gnonto.

Roca-7 . Did as expected

Summerville-6.5 . Did OK but see Gnonto.

Rutter -7.5 . Played his role well.
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

An edge of the seat emotional game. We simply HAD to win that. Step up the unlikely hero in Firpo. I couldn't see a goal coming tbh. Gracia 1 from 1. He made a brave decision taking Willy off and it was the right one in the end.

Meslier 7: We look like we are going to go back to possession playing out from the back football again and he did it ok today against a poor side. He should have caught the ball late on.. It was never a backpass.

Ayling 5: I thought Bill had a poor game today. He got done in behind a few times and his passing was off, even is famous flops wasn't as good today, altho he got a crucial one at the end.

Koch 8: Since Wober arrived he's been excellent for me. The two were very good again today. I think the coaches could learn something from the way Sotn defend corners.

Wober 8: Cracking game again, only let down by one sloppy pass that got sotn away on the attack.

Firpo 8: Solid game again. Defensively he will have tougher tests but he overlapped really well today. What do we say about shooting on target. It was a trickler but we was only ever going to score something like that today. Even got his name sung. He's buzzing at the minute.
Adams 7: Him and Mack get thru a lot of work but i'm not sure the balance his quite right in midfield. I think a 3 with Roca may be an option JG may look at for tougher games. Still he got stuck in as normal.

McKennie 6: Still early days for WM but personally i wanted more vision and control. He was thru on goal and put in a poor pass behind Aaronson when he should have taken it on. I expected abit more brashness but he's lacking confidence at this minute.

Gnonto 7: He caused a few problems down the left first half and then sothn singled him out second half. I thought it was a good decision made by JG but no doubt he would have been slaughtered had we not won the game.
Harrison 7: Good solid game by Jack worked hard throughout. Kept probing and as usual run into trouble a few times.

Aaronson 8: He was my mom first half. He was the one player who was making things happen. Beat his man afew times and we needed that direct running to open things up.

Bamford 6: Worked hard without anything to feed from. It will be interesting to see what JG does with him.

Rutter 7: He was lively for the time he was on. I'm still not sure where he will play but he should nice feet on the touchline to skip into the box altho he did go down easy. What will JG do with him...

Summerville 8: Did well when he came on. Involved in the goal and made another chance himself but he should have passed to Harrison at the end and i'm certain Jack would have scored.
Roca 5: Bought on to steady the ship.
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

Meselier- 7. Had nothing to do but it's a clean sheeg nonetheless.

Ayling- 7. Great defensively but made some bad passes that could of led to dangerous Southampton goal opportunities.

Koch-9. Rock solid, almost flawless game in the back. Made some great tackles

Wober- 7.5. magnificent defensively but made a couple bad passes and touches in the back that caused a scare or two

Firpo- 9.5 MOTM- needless to say he had a great game. Was a threat going forward which lead to his goal. Did great defensively, got back and was in great positions all game. Fantastic and may have solved the Left Back situation

Adams- 8. Rock solid as always. Made a bad foul that took away A scoring opportunity but as always is all over the pitch and tenacious.

Mckennie-8. I would of rated him higher if he didn't muck up that fast break opportunity in the first half other then that, he was great at holding possession, getting forward and getting back. He made great passes and showed some flare with a couple of nice back heeled passes. He seemed to be a leader on the pitch and was barking at players to keep their heads in the game. He's a competitor, him and Adams are a great partnership in the middle.

Gnonto-7.5. great energy as always. He showed some great skill with some of his holdup play and control of the ball while battling bigger defenders. I was puzzled with his substitution as well but it worked out in the end.

Harrison- 7.5. His best game in a while. Average first half but was solid in the second

Aaronson-7.5. the most dangerous player in the first. Created some opportunities but ran out of gas in the second.

Bamford-7. Great holdup play as usual. Struggles to get on the end of anything. He Still needs to find a way to score. We are desperately missing Rodders.

Summerville- 7.5. created a great opportunity at the end. He seemed to partner well with Mckennie and Rutter at the end. I like that he took that shot instead of passing to Harrison, he just needed to bury it.

Rutter- 7.5. played his role well. Showed flashes of his strength and dribbling prowess. Still 20 years old adjusting to the premier league. Give him time, he will be good.

Roca- N/A
From a far away land that some call "Chiraq"
Scott
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scott »

Meslier 7 - Didn't have a lot to do, but he did it.
Ayling 5 - Few errors let him down, but could have scored a spectacular goal early on
Koch 8 - Very intelligent defender, him and Wober look good together
Wober - 7 solid
Firpo 8 - couple of nice pieces of defensive work, scored a goal, looking good.
Adams - 7 consistent, solid.
McKennie 5 - some flashes of skill, but could have had 2 goals with better decision making, few annoying errors too. Not far off coming good.
Gnonto 6 - a bit quiet
Harrison 7 - looks better on the wings
Aaronson 7 - best he's played since the world cup
Bamford 5 - same story, works hard, not convinced

Rutter 7 - looked good today
Summerville 8 - set up the winner, changed the game
Roca 6.5 - cane on too late to really rate, but steadied us, did exactly what we needed of him.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:52 pm An edge of the seat emotional game. We simply HAD to win that. Step up the unlikely hero in Firpo. I couldn't see a goal coming tbh. Gracia 1 from 1. He made a brave decision taking Willy off and it was the right one in the end.

Meslier 7: We look like we are going to go back to possession playing out from the back football again and he did it ok today against a poor side. He should have caught the ball late on.. It was never a backpass.

Ayling 5: I thought Bill had a poor game today. He got done in behind a few times and his passing was off, even is famous flops wasn't as good today, altho he got a crucial one at the end.

Koch 8: Since Wober arrived he's been excellent for me. The two were very good again today. I think the coaches could learn something from the way Sotn defend corners.

Wober 8: Cracking game again, only let down by one sloppy pass that got sotn away on the attack.

Firpo 8: Solid game again. Defensively he will have tougher tests but he overlapped really well today. What do we say about shooting on target. It was a trickler but we was only ever going to score something like that today. Even got his name sung. He's buzzing at the minute.
Adams 7: Him and Mack get thru a lot of work but i'm not sure the balance his quite right in midfield. I think a 3 with Roca may be an option JG may look at for tougher games. Still he got stuck in as normal.

McKennie 6: Still early days for WM but personally i wanted more vision and control. He was thru on goal and put in a poor pass behind Aaronson when he should have taken it on. I expected abit more brashness but he's lacking confidence at this minute.

Gnonto 7: He caused a few problems down the left first half and then sothn singled him out second half. I thought it was a good decision made by JG but no doubt he would have been slaughtered had we not won the game.
Harrison 7: Good solid game by Jack worked hard throughout. Kept probing and as usual run into trouble a few times.

Aaronson 8: He was my mom first half. He was the one player who was making things happen. Beat his man afew times and we needed that direct running to open things up.

Bamford 6: Worked hard without anything to feed from. It will be interesting to see what JG does with him.

Rutter 7: He was lively for the time he was on. I'm still not sure where he will play but he should nice feet on the touchline to skip into the box altho he did go down easy. What will JG do with him...

Summerville 8: Did well when he came on. Involved in the goal and made another chance himself but he should have passed to Harrison at the end and i'm certain Jack would have scored.
Roca 5: Bought on to steady the ship.
What a difference integrating Wober has made to the defence - I was convinced the defensives woes were down to signing and fielding inadequate CBs, such as Llorente. It's obvious now that before Wober was signed Koch was suffering from the other CB not being up to PL standard - making him look bad as well.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:15 pm What a difference integrating Wober has made to the defence - I was convinced the defensives woes were down to signing and fielding inadequate CBs, such as Llorente. It's obvious now that before Wober was signed Koch was suffering from the other CB not being up to PL standard - making him look bad as well.
Wober reminds me of a good old fashioned English CB. Nothing flash just solid no nonsense stuff. I'm guessing him and Koch maybe getting along well off the field? and they don't want to let each other down on it. Whatever it is its looking the best we have had for a while.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:09 pm Wober reminds me of a good old fashioned English CB. Nothing flash just solid no nonsense stuff. I'm guessing him and Koch maybe getting along well off the field? and they don't want to let each other down on it. Whatever it is its looking the best we have had for a while.
Hopefully they are going to form a really solid partnership :tup:

And yes, it's nice to have a no-nonsense traditional type of CB at last - Llorente was the complete opposite. Wober is more like Jansson. It's the first time since returning to the PL that we have looked solid at the back.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7
Very quiet game. Highlight was his header from Summverville's awful back pass

Ayling 7
Little to do defensively

Koch 7
Calm and assured as he has been most of the season

Wober 7
Defensively sound. But distro was a little off again

Firpo 8
Solid game defensively and great for him to get the goal.

Adams 8
All over the pitch as ever

McKennie 7
Poor 1st half but grew into the game well with some creative touches later

Gnonto 7
Always probing but allowed very little space

Harrison 8
Probably his best game since September

Aaronson 7
Had several good runs through the middle

Bamford 6
Lots of hard work, but little end product (at least he didn't have any scuffs today)

Rutter 7
Looked impressive and lively

Summerville 8
Made a lot happen against the tiring defence

Roca N/A
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Meslier 7
A walk in the park kinda day for him. Distribution was much better today.

Ayling 6
Made a couple of bad passes which could've been punished on another day. Bombed forward well, should've mad the keeper save that shot.

Koch 8
Flawless, mistake free.

Wober 7
See Koch.

Firpo 8.5
MOTM even without the goal. Seems to be gaining in confidence, could've been caught out once or twice got lucky but that block to stop a cross was crucial.

Adams 8
Can do no wrong.

McKennie 7
Grew into the game, thought he played a few more progressive passes today than earlier.

Gnonto 6
One of his poorer games, gave up the ball a couple of times trying to do it on his own. Needs to cross early sometimes rather than do a Jack Harrison Dilly Dally.

Harrison 7
Better from him, but shouldn't be in the 10 role, needs to be on the bench and rotating with Gnonto going forward.

Aaronson 7
Good close control, still falls over easily though. Despite the bad pass from Mckennie on the 1-2 he still could've turned and shot rather than allow the ball to get past.

Bamford 5
I'm losing it with him now. He is getting worse by the day.

Rutter 7
Needs to start the cup game now, iced the game beautifully. Showed a couple of nice touches, we could be on another gem here.

Summerville 7
He is a great sub to run at defences late in games. He could've bagged one late. Him and Rutter partnered well today.

Roca 7
Did what he was tasked to do. May be worth starting him with Mckennie and Adams against Chelsea together.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Meslier 7
Ayling 6.5
Koch 8
Wober 8
Firpo 8.5
Adams 8
McKennie 7.5
Gnonto 6.5
Harrison 7
Aaronson 7.5
Bamford 6

Rutter 7
Summerville 7.5
Roca 7
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings?

Mine up later.....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meslier 6
Not much to do

Ayling 8
Immense workhorse as ever!

Koch 9
Wober 9

Most commanding CB combination we've had in a long time, won so many headers between them.

Firpo 9.5
Goal, crosses & a high impressive pass accuracy rate. Even more impressed with Junior's defensive display, which has improved beyond my expectations. One of our previous coaching team has been working on this aspect of his game. I counted : 10 tackles/Duels/ball recoveries won -- 2 blocks -- 3 interceptions

Adams 9
Hardly put a foot wrong, having his mate alongside Tyler helps him concentrate on his own game/

McKennie 9
Better than the majority of our fans thought, including myself watching live yesterday

High percentage pass accuracy rate
15 ball recoveries/duels won/tackles won

Gnonto 6
Not as effective as he can be, Saints brutal defenders doubled up on Willy.

Harrison 8
Another one with a high accuracy pass rate, one awful cross when in oceans of space, all the same, Jack's best game in a while

Aaronson 6.5
Better from Brenden, still weak & easily knocked off the ball

Bamford 6.5
Paddy was fouled throughout the game by Bella Kotchap & Bednarek, worked his socks off with some good hold-up play & lay offs.

Rutter 6.5
A lovely cameo from Georginio

Summerville 7
Involved in the goal, but went to sleep when Paddy played the ball into the box for him, and not passing to an unmarked Jack was selfishness of a high degree.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Taking the shot was the right thing to do, fair chance the pass wouldn’t have reached Harrison
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:27 pm Taking the shot was the right thing to do, fair chance the pass wouldn’t have reached Harrison
Lots of space to play the the ball to Jack.

Top clubs wouldn't have wasted that opportunity. it's all about playing for the team & not for yourself.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Meslier - 7 nothing to do so nothing to complain.
Ayling - 6 maybe wasteful with some of the passing attempts and badly beaten the once, but otherwise fine. Earning a new contract (which I think he's out of at end of year ???? maybe i'm wrong)
Koch - 7 looked much better with Wober.
Wober - 8 a Prem player.
Firpo - 8 his best game in a Leeds kit. Goal has a bit of luck to it, but he made no mistakes all game long. Well needed.
Adams - 8 running crosscountry. No stupid fights.
McKennie - 8 the moment he started doing tricky s**t, he got better. Keep playing with swagger and he'll do well.
Gnonto - 6 his worst game in a while . . . and he may have been our most dangerous man on the pitch for his shift. A compliment in the criticism.
Harrison - 6 telling touch for an assist on the goal in an otherwise quiet day.
Aaronson - 6 the usual running and he put in a tackle but, as always, STAY UP. Fight through contact for once in your ####ing life.
Bamford - 5 earned his fouls when necessary but the decision making has been off. Too soft on occasion for a man his size.

Rutter - 7 by far the best he's been. showed something on the ball, some strength. Just need him to take a potshot that goes in from the edge of the box that goes in and I'll be a believer.
Summerville - 7 excellent, composure on the ball and he has a nose for it. not gonna overthink the shot instead of pass. I want him to want to the goal. Seems like the only one outside of Gnonto who's consistently making dangerous decisions these days.
Roca - 5 saw out the game
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Firpo
:silver: Koch
:bronze: = Wober
:bronze: = Adams