Buying a ticket for a home game

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Buying a ticket for a home game

Post by BillyBremner »

Hi to all of you,
I am French and have been a Leeds United fans for 50 years (I am 57 years old!). I will be visiting the UK in May and Leeds is of course on my list. Visit of the town and of course Elland Road. The home game that is scheduled around the time of my visit is against Newcasle. How easy is it for me to get two tickets for that game? Can I do it via a website?
If you can help me and/or give me some information it would be much appreciated. And of course would love to meet any Leeds fans when I am there if there are any pubs around where you meet up.
Thanks and MOT
Greg
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Buying a ticket for a home game

Post by Irish Ian »

BillyBremner wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:03 am Hi to all of you,
I am French and have been a Leeds United fans for 50 years (I am 57 years old!). I will be visiting the UK in May and Leeds is of course on my list. Visit of the town and of course Elland Road. The home game that is scheduled around the time of my visit is against Newcasle. How easy is it for me to get two tickets for that game? Can I do it via a website?
If you can help me and/or give me some information it would be much appreciated. And of course would love to meet any Leeds fans when I am there if there are any pubs around where you meet up.
Thanks and MOT
Greg
Hi mate,

Almost impossible unless someone takes pity on you.
Games sell out and tickets are only sold to those with membership packages in the first place

Best bet is to buy a hospitality package, in fact if it is a one off then why not and have a splurge.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Irish Ian wrote: Hi mate,

Almost impossible unless someone takes pity on you.
Games sell out and tickets are only sold to those with membership packages in the first place

Best bet is to buy a hospitality package, in fact if it is a one off then why not and have a splurge.
Hello Ian,
Thank you for your reply. I was expecting that response - good to know that games sell out every week though Image
I will have a look at the Hospitality package - why not. Are you in the seating of the stadium with this? On the website seems like you are in a VIP room? Shame as I would like to be in with the fans!
I could always just stand in Elland Road during the game Image
Oh well, we’ll see…
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BillyBremner wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:24 am Hello Ian,
Thank you for your reply. I was expecting that response - good to know that games sell out every week though Image
I will have a look at the Hospitality package - why not. Are you in the seating of the stadium with this? On the website seems like you are in a VIP room? Shame as I would like to be in with the fans!
I could always just stand in Elland Road during the game Image
Oh well, we’ll see…
All seating is in the stadium.
There are different packages.
Last time I bought one we sat in the East Stand
Twas a great day out as a one off.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Irish Ian wrote: All seating is in the stadium.
There are different packages.
Last time I bought one we sat in the East Stand
Twas a great day out as a one off.
Oh ok - fine.
Yes have looked on the internet site.
Effectively looks great. Will save my pennies from now! Looking forward to it.
Seems like you needs to reserve in advance as some packages are already sold out for the next home game.
Will keep my eyes peeled for the Newcastle game.

Would I be pushing my luck to ask you for accommodation information?
Any hotels around Elland Road?
Thanks a lot.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BillyBremner wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:47 am Oh ok - fine.
Yes have looked on the internet site.
Effectively looks great. Will save my pennies from now! Looking forward to it.
Seems like you needs to reserve in advance as some packages are already sold out for the next home game.
Will keep my eyes peeled for the Newcastle game.

Would I be pushing my luck to ask you for accommodation information?
Any hotels around Elland Road?
Thanks a lot.
Locals might be better placed.
I stayed in Corn Mill Lodge, just a bus ride and a 10 minute walk to EL.

Place is a bit dated but very reasonable and the food and drink were superb.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/s/ ... uhAE1C8i48
'
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Hi billy, my advice for a hospitality ticket is book as soon as you can. I tried 2 weeks ago for the Palace game in April - all sold out.

Hotels wise, depending on budget, any in the city centre is good for a visit, and it means you can have a drink/meal without driving or taxis. Car parking is extortionate, win the Lottery if you plan on parking for a few days. I’m staying in the Marriot in April which I know from experience is excellent.

Cheapest reasonable hotel (I’m excluding hostel types) is the Hampton Hilton. The hotel has a novel colour scheme, I advise bringing sunglasses. It’s on the eastern edge of the city but in walking distance, although in one section it’s a bit lonely and dark under the ring road bypass, close your eyes when you do walk under there. Probably only a fiver for a 2 minute taxi ride though, that’s the safest. Best of all though, it’s right next to the best Chinese restaurant in, I guess, the world. It’s an Asian cooking academy and the food is superb, as evidenced by the virtually 95% Chinese custom. Dim sum menu finishes at 1730 though.

Hope you have a good visit and manage to get a ticket.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

BillyBremner wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:03 am
Thanks and MOT
Greg
My favourite is the Scarborough Taps, near the city railway station. Very lively pre game. Others I know will have their favourites.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Hi BB another good hotel is the Clayton. If you were going to walk from the city to the stadium you pass it on the way. Roughly a 10/15 minute walk from the city centre and around 20/25 minutes walk to the stadium from the hotel. I have used it a few times and it always seems to have a decent amount of Leeds fans using it on match days. Its not cheap and will of course depend on your budget for hotels. If you can get a hotel in the city centre at a good price then you wont go wrong.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Last time I went up we stayed in Quebecs (Quebec Street).

Very nice and literally a stones throw from the Railway station and convenient for the Sovereign Street shuttle bus to/from ER.
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

A very big THANK YOU for all your replies and precious advice
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

For various reasons, I always have a pint in the Duck & Drake when I’m over, great music bar of an evening and boasts the Pablo celebration mural on the gavel wall - Kalvin murals round the corner too.

Hotels - Clayton is popular, Queens too, Ibis Styles is often good value.

Leeds is just a great town to visit, enjoy.
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Hello,
Just updating my progress for my weekend in Leeds and hopefully a hospitality ticket for Newcastle game.
My ferry from France is booked. Will be a nice drive from Dover to Leeds
Booked a room at the Corn Mill Lodge Hotel.
Looking forward to being with all the Leeds fans
First time to Leeds and Elland Road of course.
Really looking forward to it.
MOT

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BillyBremner wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:15 pm Hello,
Just updating my progress for my weekend in Leeds and hopefully a hospitality ticket for Newcastle game.
My ferry from France is booked. Will be a nice drive from Dover to Leeds ImageImage
Looking forward to being with all the Leeds fans ImageImage
MOT

Nice one, Billy :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BillyBremner wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:15 pm Hello,
My ferry from France is booked. Will be a nice drive from Dover to Leeds ImageImage
Looking forward to being with all the Leeds fans ImageImage
MOT

Hope you manage to take some photos to share with us Billy :)
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

whiteswan wrote: Hope you manage to take some photos to share with us Billy :)
Will do Image

BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Hello to all and MOT,

Have arrived in Leeds today after driving up from France. Hoped to get a ticket for the game tomorrow, even a VIP one, but no luck.
However, I have arrived at the Corn Mill Lodge this afternoon. (Thanks Irish Ian for the tip).
Will go to Elland Road tomorrow before the game, watch the match in a Pub (any places you can recommend) and buy lots of stuff at the Shop Will be a super day - been waiting 50 years for this.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

BillyBremner wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:25 pm Hello to all and MOT,

Have arrived in Leeds today after driving up from France. Hoped to get a ticket for the game tomorrow, even a VIP one, but no luck.
However, I have arrived at the Corn Mill Lodge this afternoon. (Thanks Irish Ian for the tip).
Will go to Elland Road tomorrow before the game, watch the match in a Pub (any places you can recommend) and buy lots of stuff at the Shop Image Will be a super day - been waiting 50 years for this. Image
Shame you couldn’t get a ticket mate, sign of the times at the moment. I’m going and will sing even louder than usual on your behalf :)

There are a few pubs near the ground, directly opposite is The Peacock. However, you have to show your ticket to gain entry (to ensure no away fans get in) beforehand. That might not be the case once the game kicks off though, so you may want to check.

Up the hill is The Old White Hart, there are no entrance checks there. It gets incredibly busy on match days, but the early KO will make a difference to that.

Hope you have a good day, hopefully with 3 points to celebrate.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

Barlow Boy wrote: Shame you couldn’t get a ticket mate, sign of the times at the moment. I’m going and will sing even louder than usual on your behalf :)

There are a few pubs near the ground, directly opposite is The Peacock. However, you have to show your ticket to gain entry (to ensure no away fans get in) beforehand. That might not be the case once the game kicks off though, so you may want to check.

Up the hill is The Old White Hart, there are no entrance checks there. It gets incredibly busy on match days, but the early KO will make a difference to that.

Hope you have a good day, hopefully with 3 points to celebrate.
Hi Barlow Boy,
Thanks for the tips Image
Hope we get the 3 points Image
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Hope you have a fab day Billy. I'd get to Elland early so you can soak up the atmosphere. Not sure if the club shop closes during the game, might be worth checking, I'm sure it used to. Enjoy yourself and get to meet as many Leeds Utd fans as you can....plenty of photos for your memories.