The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 22nd March) Did the 49ers pull the plug on the Harrison deal?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 22nd March) Did the 49ers pull the plug on the Harrison deal?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 22nd March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Did the 49ers pull the plug on the Harrison deal?

Football journalist Dean Jones believes that the 49ers may have saved Leeds from relegation after (allegedly) pulling the plug on Jack Harrison's move to Leicester City on transfer deadline day seven weeks ago. He was halfway through his medical, when Leeds recalled him back to Elland Road.

Whilst the 26yo continuous to frustrate with inconsistent performances, it's difficult to deny that on his day, he is one of the finest strikers of the ball in the Premier League. His goals from previous campaigns have kept Leeds afloat, but unfortunately they have dried up this season. Consecutive goals against Brighton and Wolves have tripled his tally to three this season (League), and whilst it doesn't sound like much, it makes him Leeds third highest goalscorer this term, behind Summerville (4), and Rodrigo (11). According to Jones...

It went right to the wire, that move, and, you know, it obviously fell through it last minute, Leeds pulled the plug. I think it was the guys from San Francisco, that obviously half-own Leeds, [that] decided not to go through with that one. They wanted to keep him and it's turned out to be a decision that might actually end up keeping them in the Premier League.

What next for Rutter

It's fair to say that Georginio Rutter’s introduction to the Premier League has not gone to plan. Since his arrival in January, the soon to be 21 year old has amassed 184 minutes of game time, looks awkward in-front of goal, and a has successful pass rate of less than 44%.

There are 35 million reasons why Head Coach Javi Gracia decided to keep him benched last weekend. Leeds may have given the ball away more times than Firpo's had bookings in his career; but they rediscovered that creative spark, which up until the Wolves game, had long since deserted them. The last thing they needed was for somebody to interrupt that flow. The cogs are finally turning in unison, and Gracia will not want to change a thing.

Where does this leave Rutter? Weren't we led to believe he would get us goals? That's what was needed when he joined nine weeks ago! Leeds have more wide men than diners at an American buffet; the last thing on their wish list should have been another, especially when you look at our narrow formation.

Nunes has red card overturned

Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes has successfully had his red card rescinded following an appeal to the FA for wrongful dismissal. The 24 year old, an unused substitute in last weekends game against Leeds, was given his marching orders deep into injury time after colliding with the assistant referee following Rodrigo's goal.

He he was doing off his seat at the time remains a mystery, as does the melee which ensued, most of which was outside the confines of the Wolves dugout. Perhaps they should appeal Jonny's early bath too.

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 22nd March) Did the 49ers pull the plug on the Harrison deal

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

I haven't a clue what happened with the Jackie on/off transfer but I think we'll be glad it didn't happen, Jackie isn't the most consistent performer but he scores some very important goals and assists.

Rutter is another of these players we all want to do well, but at the minute it isn't happening so lets give him time, he's only been here a few weeks.

Nunes Red card turned over, no way, that can't have happened ask the Wolves fans the FA, Premier League and all Referees across the world are trying to get Wolves relegated :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 22nd March) Did the 49ers pull the plug on the Harrison deal?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Some have suggested that the 49ers bought Harrison for what Leicester were going to pay for him.

Harrison certainly works hard off the ball too, and also tracks back. He isn't a great tackler, with a success rate of 58% this season, according to 'Infogol'.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 22nd March) Did the 49ers pull the plug on the Harrison deal?

Post by Ellandback1 »

In 96 Premier League appearances, Harrison has scored 19 goals. 10 with his left leg, and 9 with his right.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

My feeling is that the 49ers were probably at that point pushing for Marsch to be replaced and as such saw Harrison as a potential asset if the new manager played with wingers. It also made no sense to strengthen a relegation rival. Shame they didn't intervene and get Klich to stay too. I think Klich could have flourished, again, under Gracia.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:29 am My feeling is that the 49ers were probably at that point pushing for Marsch to be replaced and as such saw Harrison as a potential asset if the new manager played with wingers. It also made no sense to strengthen a relegation rival. Shame they didn't intervene and get Klich to stay too. I think Klich could have flourished, again, under Gracia.
Yes agree that Klich would have been an asset, especially with Aaronson treading water.

No idea about Harrison but I wanted him to stay and am glad he has, hopefullly if we survive a new contract will be in the mix for him.

Rutter.... I dont think he is nehind schedule, as why we bought him is a mystery to me. £15M and you can be happy to have him as a squad player and keep up his match sharpness with a U21 game now and again. But drop that amount of money and it changes expectation.. (Plus he was brought in and the manager changes, that is especially hard to creative players)...But he has strong competition which is a luxury.

Wolves Red card rescinded. I didnt see what happened for him to recieve it in the first place but who cares?

It wont fit into the Wolves paranoia about the PL wanting rid of them though, surely they would have banned him for 6 games :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:29 am My feeling is that the 49ers were probably at that point pushing for Marsch to be replaced and as such saw Harrison as a potential asset if the new manager played with wingers. It also made no sense to strengthen a relegation rival. Shame they didn't intervene and get Klich to stay too. I think Klich could have flourished, again, under Gracia.
Though to be fair we're not short of good wingers

Gnonto
Harrison
Sinisterra
Aaronson
Summerville
Rutter
James (if he returns)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:06 pm Though to be fair we're not short of good wingers

Gnonto
Harrison
Sinisterra
Aaronson
Summerville
Rutter
James (if he returns)
We must have been expecting goals from Rutter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:07 pm We must have been expecting goals from Rutter
I think he'll create more than he scores
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"