Javi Gracia pre Arsenal

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Javi Gracia pre Arsenal

Post by Cjay »

How much confidence can you take from Arsenal in October and Wolves win?
All these games is the past. We focus on the next game. We are playing agaionst a team at the top and it will be demanding. The first step is to believe you can do it.

Do you have a points target from April?
We have a busy schedule in April but we prefer to put all our energy in the next game and try to prepare as best as possible for that game. We try to get 100 per cent int his game and we have two days to prepare for the next game

On injuries
Sometimes its good because you see your players enjoying playing for the national teams. This break we had big problems, we lost important players for the next games. It's a big problem for us.

Tyler, we'll see, after the surgery we'll see if he can play any games this season. Gnonto and Wober have different injuries but they need time to recover. They are out this weekend

Are you worried by the injuries?
They are important players and we don't have a big squad. I am positive. I am optimistic and I believe in my squad. We have the chace to train with seven or eight players last week and we try to take this time to train and try and recover. We prepare in two days, yesterday and today and we have time tomorrow. This is the time we've had with the players.

What have you improved most?
I try to give my idea and help the players, individually and collectively and I think we are doing well. Not just the results but the perfromances have always been good with options to get good results in every game we've played. We know in this month we have to play many games and we have to improve our level to achieve our target

More on Arsenal
We are against the team at the top of the table, they are doing many things well, you can see the stats they always have, always around 70 or 80 per cent possession, you have to be ready to defend more than attack. You have to be ready to be clinical. You need to make very good defensive work, if you don't do that you don't have a chance.

Saka is a key player but they have high quality players in all positions. We will defend this team as a team.

On Arteta
I know him because he's from close to my hometown. I don't know him personally because I didn't spend any time in the past with him. They are a good team, he's a good manager and that's what I can say

On Sinisterra
Luis and Rodri are improving in condition but they are not in the best condition. They need time competing more with more minutes. Luis is feeling better day by day and I'm sure he will help us in the next games, as will Rodri.

Gracia on tactical importance
If you start maybe you can decide more things abotu the players you have. The most important is the characteristics of the players you have. It's important to value the moments of the different players and the team you are playing against. After you have analysed the team you can decide what's best for the best results.

What he takes out of the last two weeks
All the time we have been together these last two weeks, it was good for us. We didn't have many players but it was time to train with U21 players and know more about them. After that we try to prepare the game and until today we couldn't do it in the best way

On Liam Cooper's return for Scotland
Liam is ready. I saw the game, I suffered a little but I enjoyed because I could see how important it was for him. We need all of our players because of the busy schedule.

On Summerville
I think Crysencio from my arrival showed a good level. Sometimes from the beginning but he always making a difference in the games he plays. With the quality he has but I am sure he is going to help the team, like all the players, Luis, Rodrigo, Patrick. All of them.

Will he rotate?
It will be good to rotate the players. In some positions we don't have players to rotate. As I say we are only focused on the next game. I prefer not to focus on the whole month.

To be honest I am thinking only about Arsenal. It's the only way to have some chances to get a good result.

Gracia on his mindset and a further injury clarification
When you arrive you never know, you are positive and you believe in your work and your experience to help the team. That's the mentally when you arrive at a new club.

I am sorry but I cannot clarify with Gnonto and Wober because I do not know. It could be more time but I cannot tell you.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Javi Gracia pre Arsenal

Post by Cjay »

Will post the rest but important bit.

Tyler Adams is likely out for the season as has been said elsewhere.

Wober and Gnonto are OUT for Arsenal at least

And despite what some try to say Javi has admitted we have a small squad.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not great so far.

Rodrigo and Sinisterra aren't fully fit either so can't see them starting.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:07 pm Will post the rest but important bit.

Tyler Adams is likely out for the season as has been said elsewhere.

Wober and Gnonto are OUT for Arsenal at least

And despite what some try to say Javi has admitted we have a small squad.
I have faith in Javi, he sees our squad of players every day, right now we have to trust his opinions,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:12 pm Not great so far.

Rodrigo and Sinisterra aren't fully fit either so can't see them starting.
Bamford & Summerville to start, with the above two to come on as subs at some stage of the game.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

It will be Harrison and Summerville either side of Bamford to start.
It sounds like it will be:
Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Cooper
Firpo
Summerville
Mckennie
Roca
Aaronson
Bamford
Harrison

Likely subs:
Robles
Kristensen
Struijk
Sinisterra
Gyabi
Rodrigo
Joseph
Greenwood
Rutter
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:28 pm It will be Harrison and Summerville either side of Bamford to start.
It sounds like it will be:
Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Cooper
Firpo
Summerville
Mckennie
Roca
Aaronson
Bamford
Harrison

Likely subs:
Robles
Kristensen
Struijk
Sinisterra
Gyabi
Rodrigo
Joseph
Greenwood
Rutter
Decent side, strong bench, several players out. Small roster my arse
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:33 pm Bamford & Summerville to start, with the above two to come on as subs at some stage of the game.
Agree. Sounds about right. Harrison and Aaronson the other two attacking players. Presuming Summerville on the left and Harrison on the right.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:36 pm Decent side, strong bench, several players out. Small roster my arse
I agree.
Even with 3 of our best players out, it's still a pretty decent squad.
It would have been a stronger starting 11 had they all been available though (imo)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wober is my major absentee concern.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ayling and Firpo could be in for a torrid afternoon marking Martinelli and Saka respectively
Last edited by Chilli D on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:22 pm Ayling and Firpo could be in for a torrid afternoon making Martinelli and Saka respectively
Arsenal have quality all over the park, their position at the top of the PL certainly doesn't flatter them.

Would be brilliant if we got something on Saturday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

As an example of how difficult it is to shift a team's form, even by changing managers, this was the Prem table after 9/10 games. Only Aston Villa have dragged themselves clear of the bottom nine, while Bournemouth took their place. Leeds United's season was already clear at that stage.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 20.53.07.png
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:53 pm As an example of how difficult it is to shift a team's form, even by changing managers, this was the Prem table after 9/10 games. Only Aston Villa have dragged themselves clear of the bottom nine, while Bournemouth took their place. Leeds United's season was already clear at that stage.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 20.53.07.png
It was clear to some. Some however were still singing the praises of Marsch and fawning over him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:22 pm Ayling and Firpo could be in for a torrid afternoon making Martinelli and Saka respectively
Saka is probably top 5 in the prem atm .... he's gonna cause nightmares for every left back in the country.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

They most definitely will be, they'll be afforded very little protection.