Year end accounts to be published later today or tomorrow

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Year end accounts to be published later today or tomorrow

Post by pjm2019 »

If anyone gets these are you able to publish on here, i would love to analyse these
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Year end accounts to be published later today or tomorrow

Post by Barlow Boy »

pjm2019 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 pm If anyone gets these are you able to publish on here, i would love to analyse these
If they are published, could you please explain them, in layman’s terms, to a thicko like me :roll:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
hector

Post by hector »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:50 pm If they are published, could you please explain them, in layman’s terms, to a thicko like me :roll:
TBF not sure anyone could make them that simple :P :P

:) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Are Leeds financially secure now?
The Deloitte Money League published a comprehensive view of which clubs are growing more and more across Europe, with Leeds in the top 20 worldwide for their revenue in the 2021/22 season.

However, this came alongside the fact that Leeds were battling against relegation, and stayed up in the final day to finish 17th in the table, after finishing ninth in the previous season under Marcelo Bielsa.

Football Insider have now reported that Leeds are set to publish their accounts for 21/22 imminently, with the deadline being tomorrow (March 31).

They claim that Leeds are to announce losses of revenue of £172million for that campaign due to a number of reasons, having turned a £26million profit in the season prior.

This comes down to Leeds making no major sales, while bringing in Dan James, Jack Harrison (permanently), Junior Firpo, and Kristoffer Klaesson, amongst other youth signings.

On top of this, Leeds’ merit payments will have dropped hugely going down eight places in the league from ninth to 17th.

It’s worrying to see such a huge figure, but virtually every team in our position would record losses like that, if not worse.

You can understand Andrea Radrizzani wanting to be restrained in his spending in the Premier League when looking at this.

However, I’d expect that major sales in the summer shortly after this soften the blow of these losses, meaning this season’s accounts won’t be as bad.

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:09 pm TBF not sure anyone could make them that simple :P :P

:) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair to myself, I’m far from thick, I’ve done well for myself, but put a set of accounts in front of me and it might as well be written in Japanese.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

anyone received these yet, please post
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Click the tweet and its broken down for us thick people :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Decent shape.

Of course the JKA payout, Kinnears 500k a year and the hefty prem survival bonus will keep the decriers happily typing away for a few months.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:18 am Decent shape.

Of course the JKA payout, Kinnears 500k a year and the hefty prem survival bonus will keep the decriers happily typing away for a few months.

I'm no accountant

But decent shape provided we survive . . . . . .

Relegation and its disaster shape.

£100mil owed in transfers to other clubs, that won't include the Mckennie, Rutter or new JKA monies.

And we don't have the owners willing or able to cover the losses so parachute money gone.

But that could already be gone if its true we have taken loans out against Premier League money we haven't received.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:24 pm I'm no accountant

But decent shape provided we survive . . . . . .

Relegation and its disaster shape.

£100mil owed in transfers to other clubs, that won't include the Mckennie, Rutter or new JKA monies.

And we don't have the owners willing or able to cover the losses so parachute money gone.

But that could already be gone if its true we have taken loans out against Premier League money we haven't received.
McKennie wont sign as he wont want to play in the Championship so no problem there. He will be at Everton or Villa or Fulham imo.

£100m owed will be offset once we dump this side on the market. Even in a fire sale we will see that. It will be a loss overall when you factor in what we have paid for them, but seeing everyone today believes they are shite it will be good to see the back off..
JKA and Rutter are the killers imo.

Sale of the club is paramount now
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:46 pm McKennie wont sign as he wont want to play in the Championship so no problem there. He will be at Everton or Villa or Fulham imo.

£100m owed will be offset once we dump this side on the market. Even in a fire sale we will see that. It will be a loss overall when you factor in what we have paid for them, but seeing everyone today believes they are shite it will be good to see the back off..
JKA and Rutter are the killers imo.

Sale of the club is paramount now
Not that many really valuable assets really.

Gnonto perhaps, Meslier but his performances are dropping his value by the week, Struijk but same as Meslier, Sinisterra but injury issues, Adams probably get £20-30mil for.

There isn't a huge amount of assets to sell.

And I wonder how many have lower relegation release clauses? So we could end up getting say 50% less monies for them

And as you say then there is JKA and Rutter

Rodrigo is on huge money there won't be a cue for him, Bamford the same, Firpo, James, Costa.

Players we will be stuck with.

We definitely need a takeover but far from convinced by the 49ers who are culpable in this.

Also it's already been mentioned that it's highly likely a lot of the finance behind there takeover may pull out if relegated.

What we don't know is if Radz has done the loans against tv money thing

If he has and I would imagine he has (Leicester do it) and he loves Leicester and Brighton do it as well (but Tony Bloom pays it off from his own pocket). Then that is a massive issue depending on the size of the loan

That could be another £50-100mil we have to find.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:18 am Decent shape.

Those £48m bonuses for finishing 17th put us at a loss, otherwise it would've been a profit.

Kinnear £500k?!! For what?!! Shameful
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:10 pm Those £48m bonuses for finishing 17th put us at a loss, otherwise it would've been a profit.

Kinnear £500k?!! For what?!! Shameful

You wont want to hear this but his wages is low compared to what others get. Leeds are turning over more than they ever have and that is in part down to him succeeding in monetarising the promotion of the club.

Our turnover is huge, which highlights he potential we still have
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

According to the accounts we are paying £2.5mil rent.

For what?

Radz charging us for Elland Road? Wouldn't surprise me
Signed

King Cjay

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

:)
Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm According to the accounts we are paying £2.5mil rent.

For what?

Radz charging us for Elland Road? Wouldn't surprise me
In reading Phil Hay’s book, he mentioned that the option to buyback Thorp Arch expired in 2009 so we have been renting it ever since. After all of the annual escalations since, that number is probably right.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United