Big Sam

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by Jaydog »

Big Sam has a point. Only way to find out how good you are is to manage on both sides of the coin. Not much budget v all the money in the world. Then let’s see how good Pep & Klopp are. All that wankfesting last night made me want to puke.
When Haaland let his hair down my daughter said “omg that is totally butters”. Correct young lady.
I’d say Bielsa & Big Sam (in his heyday) could manage them in to knots with a mega budget.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 12:35 pm You mean namby-pamby surely? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namby-pamby
That as well :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 12:51 pm Big Sam has a point. Only way to find out how good you are is to manage on both sides of the coin. Not much budget v all the money in the world. Then let’s see how good Pep & Klopp are. All that wankfesting last night made me want to puke.
When Haaland let his hair down my daughter said “omg that is totally butters”. Correct young lady.
I’d say Bielsa & Big Sam (in his heyday) could manage them in to knots with a mega budget.
Unfortunately we'll never know for sure as Pep/Klopp wouldn't take on the challenge of managing a championship club or the current state of Leeds United.

I think we have a good idea though :lol:
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by Tyzy »

Not having seen any past interviews with Sam I thought he looked a bit uncomfortable and lacking a bit of self confidence,the total opposite of what I expected.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by 1964white »

Nice to see somebody been vocal with the players.


User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by White Riot »

Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 12:05 pm You'll get a £50 fixed penalty notice from the Fun Police for using the word fat in relation to Big Sam.

Oh s**t, that will be me too for using the word Big.
:)

That's it mate, political correctness will be the death of us all.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 12:18 pm If we survive this horrible mess we're in, he can have as many £££ millions he wants imo, James.
Agreed Leon :tup:

It'll be peanuts compared to what's been blown by our useless ex-director of football = transfer fees, wages, compensation payments to sacked coaches, legal fees, etc.

We'll still be feeling the financial repurcussion of Radz and Kinnear's blind faith in Orta for many years.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:21 pm Nice to see somebody been vocal with the players.


Good 👍

I hope he runs the knackers off them :ok:
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by White Riot »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:06 pm Not having seen any past interviews with Sam I thought he looked a bit uncomfortable and lacking a bit of self confidence,the total opposite of what I expected.
Yeah, but if he gets a tune out of these players and keeps us up, I couldn't care less what he says in these daft press conferences.

We had Bielsa mumbling away forever and a day, Marsch spouting his drivel and then Gracia with his poker face.

Didn't save any of them :|

It's all about results and I'm pleased Sam identified that.
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4515
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 12:54 pmHow do I join?
You need not worry Sara. If there is a fun police you surely are a part of it. Probably the Chief Officer of the Fun Police. :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41699
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:21 pm Nice to see somebody been vocal with the players.


Time to play spot the player

Bamford definitely isn't training in that video (don't think he's even there).

Harrison wasn't training that I saw (was watching).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Big Sam - First Press Conference

Post by Kennyb41 »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 5:52 am Old age!!!!! FFS he's only 68. That is hardly old - even for Sam. Bielsa was only a few years younger when we all thought he was the 2nd coming. And he sat on a bucket - but that was fine!?
I don't think dementia knows an age.

And what's Bert got to do with owt ? Did you want him sacked as well ya fool?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 2:25 pm Time to play spot the player

Bamford definitely isn't training in that video (don't think he's even there).

Harrison wasn't training that I saw (was watching).
Bamford is there on a photo of training on the bbc sport app.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by Jaydog »

Wow. I’d be s**tting myself if I was a City player
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:38 pm Good 👍

I hope he runs the knackers off them :ok:
They cut out the Fray Bentos training part.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 2:25 pm Time to play spot the player

Bamford definitely isn't training in that video (don't think he's even there).

Harrison wasn't training that I saw (was watching).
I've had an e.mail for an eye-test, I suggest I book an appointment for you, Cjay :lol:

Bamford & Harrison were there, training.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:38 pm Good 👍

I hope he runs the knackers off them :ok:
Get them back to near Bielsa fitness, as half of our team seem to run out of legs during games of late.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 2:54 pm They cut out the Fray Bentos training part.
They need to glug ten pints of gravy each :strong:
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 3:16 pm Get them back to near Bielsa fitness, as half of our team seem to run out of legs during games of late.
I know, for young fellas it's unbelievable.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Big Sam - First training session.

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Good Image

I hope he runs the knackers off them :ok:
Wouldn't make any difference....they've not had balls for ages !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Post Reply