Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Aussieleeds
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:53 am

Re: Next Manager

Post by Aussieleeds »

Oops duplicate
Last edited by Aussieleeds on Mon May 29, 2023 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aussieleeds
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:53 am

Re: Next Manager

Post by Aussieleeds »

Aussieleeds wrote: ↑Tue May 23, 2023 11:17 am Here’s one from left of left field … out past Jeremy Corbin. Kevin Muscat. Hear me out.
Played in the Championship and EPL for Palace and EPL for Wolves, then to Rangers and captained Millwall to the Cup Final. Hard as buggery.
As a Manager he did his ‘apprenticeship’ under Ange Postecoglu (of Celtic fame) both in Oz and Japan.
Won the A-League in his first season as manager. Won the J-League just as Postecoglu did before he went to Celtic and recruited a bunch of skilled Japanese players.
Did have a bust in Belgium first division.

Knows what’s needed to get promoted from the Championship. His toughness plus a couple of top notch Japanese players could be ideal for the rebuild.
EPL 500 gamer backs Aussieleeds pick for Leeds manager.
https://sport.optus.com.au/news/premier ... s-gegenpod
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23129
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by SG90 »

I would stick with Big Sam. 4 games isn't enough to judge him on, and he's brought clubs up before. Give him a pre-season to reinstall some fight and belief into the players.
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Next Manager

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 10:15 am I would stick with Big Sam. 4 games isn't enough to judge him on, and he's brought clubs up before. Give him a pre-season to reinstall some fight and belief into the players.
I think he will stay if Radz stays, but I shudder to think what we would become.
More of the same turgid pointlessness I fear
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

He’s moaned about the shortcomings of the squad and doesn’t appear to favour youth so how would things look going in to next season. We can surely do better
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79036
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Next Manager

Post by The Subhuman »

Alladyce has comfortably been the worst manager we’ve employed since the Rads era started….
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: Next Manager

Post by whiteinfrance »

NO SAM PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19699
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Next Manager

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 10:34 am Alladyce has comfortably been the worst manager we’ve employed since the Rads era started….
I find myself agreeing with my learned colleague once again.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
VinnysTattoo
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by VinnysTattoo »

If we change manager is has to be sooner than later.

We need to get a system in place ASAP so whatever players we have left can get their heads around it.

Personally though, I don’t want Alladyce stile football anywhere near the club.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23129
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 10:24 am He’s moaned about the shortcomings of the squad and doesn’t appear to favour youth so how would things look going in to next season. We can surely do better
You say that, but who? And do you really expect the board to get it right? We can't afford another poor appointment.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 11:43 am You say that, but who? And do you really expect the board to get it right? We can't afford another poor appointment.
I like the fact that Southampton got straight in there & appointed Martin. That could be a decent move. I think it’s been confirmed.
Why can’t we do that. We aren’t in as bad a position as last time. We should be able to attract a decent modern thinking manager. But no I wouldn’t trust our board to arrange a children’s tea party
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Next Manager

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

We cannot employ a manager or a DoF until we sort out ownership. Also, we cannot buy players until a manager/coaches are installed! There has to be an order of things. You can't just speculate on who we will get until we know the owner situation. Personally I think we will not be ready for the new season: time is short and too much has to be done...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155217
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Next Manager

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 11:51 am We cannot employ a manager or a DoF until we sort out ownership. Also, we cannot buy players until a manager/coaches are installed! There has to be an order of things. You can't just speculate on who we will get until we know the owner situation. Personally I think we will not be ready for the new season: time is short and too much has to be done...

Agree, I've mention similar in several posts on varying topics.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Next Manager

Post by BGwhite »

We can't appoint a manager until the ownership situation is sorted out which could take weeks at this club.
9 weeks on Saturday the season starts with our fixture most likely rearranged by sky TV.
Ticking .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23129
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 11:47 am I like the fact that Southampton got straight in there & appointed Martin. That could be a decent move. I think it’s been confirmed.
Why can’t we do that. We aren’t in as bad a position as last time. We should be able to attract a decent modern thinking manager. But no I wouldn’t trust our board to arrange a children’s tea party
I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers, if we can get him. I think Iraola has disaster written all over it, especially if he was Orta's top choice.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Next Manager

Post by BGwhite »

My money is on big Sam to get the biggest contract of his life and subsequently get us relegated again.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19699
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Next Manager

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 11:47 am I like the fact that Southampton got straight in there & appointed Martin. That could be a decent move. I think it’s been confirmed.
Why can’t we do that. We aren’t in as bad a position as last time. We should be able to attract a decent modern thinking manager. But no I wouldn’t trust our board to arrange a children’s tea party
In fairness though Southampton have had a couple of weeks head start in terms of planning as they knew they were definitely relegated.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Next Manager

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 11:54 am [/b]
Agree, I've mention similar in several posts on varying topics.
Yeah me too: obvious eh? :tup:
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Madron »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 pm I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers, if we can get him. I think Iraola has disaster written all over it, especially if he was Orta's top choice.
would be my pick at the moment.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Madron wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 12:21 pm Even money fav and would be my pick at the moment.
Evens?? Allardyce fav last time I looked
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Post Reply