Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_7223.jpeg

Some disparity in the market but we’ve been here before and it’s very rarely a good guide
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:13 pm In fairness though Southampton have had a couple of weeks head start in terms of planning as they knew they were definitely relegated.
So did we
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 pm I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers, if we can get him. I think Iraola has disaster written all over it, especially if he was Orta's top choice.
Not sure I agree on Iraola. And don’t actually know if he was Orta’s pick as it was a chaotic manager hunt at the time. He’s now officially left Rayo but is talking about a year out
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 pm I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers, if we can get him. I think Iraola has disaster written all over it, especially if he was Orta's top choice.
Rodgers is another self licking ice cream who Leicester fans blame very much for the position they are in.

They have wanted him out for years.

To outsiders it looks unfair so it makes me nervous that Leicester fans are so against him.

They must know something we don't (for one it's reported he had a large say on signings and They have been awful)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 pm Not sure I agree on Iraola. And don’t actually know if he was Orta’s pick as it was a chaotic manager hunt at the time. He’s now officially left Rayo but is talking about a year out
I still like the idea of Knutsen tbh.

Just something different
Signed

King Cjay

Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Zidane is out of a job. :roll: :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 pm Rodgers is another self licking ice cream who Leicester fans blame very much for the position they are in.

To outsiders it looks unfair so it makes me nervous that Leicester fans are so against him.

They must know something we don't (for one it's reported he had a large say on signings and They have been awful)
Fanbases need a scapegoat. At least he has managed big clubs with heavy expectation, so won't struggle with the pressure.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 pm I still like the idea of Knutsen tbh.

Just something different
And now for something completely different.

I can see his record is good in terms of winning a league that had been dominated for donkeys years by two teams plus beating Roma (?) 6-1 I think.
Attacking style. I wouldn’t object although he might
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 pm Rodgers is another self licking ice cream who Leicester fans blame very much for the position they are in.

5TH, 5TH ,8TH in consecutive years and ,throw in an FA Cup win. That's a YES PLEASE from me.

Leicester fans have got what they deserve.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Has to be someone that knows the English game for me...
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:14 pm Fanbases need a scapegoat. At least he has managed big clubs with heavy expectation, so won't struggle with the pressure.
Good point and very valid.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:31 pm Has to be someone that knows the English game for me...
Me too.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Give Potter all the money to come is my vote.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wonder if WH will bin off Moyes after their final of the Numpty Cup.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:15 am I would stick with Big Sam. 4 games isn't enough to judge him on, and he's brought clubs up before. Give him a pre-season to reinstall some fight and belief into the players.
Picking six defenders in a do or die home game and losing 1-4 is enough to judge him.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

SaraM wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:50 am Picking six defenders in a do or die home game and losing 1-4 is enough to judge him.
I agree with this take. Can’t believe the tactics to start the game. Playing not to lose rarely works. Wonder what the analytics that Big Dam is supposedly a big proponent of have to say about that.

As someone said before. We need a builder (or more appropriately, a “re-builder”)
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll tell you what appointment would perk me up no end.

Wiegman.

The female Bert.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I see the Carlos Corberan links have started in the media.

Not for me thank you.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:50 am Picking six defenders in a do or die home game and losing 1-4 is enough to judge him.
That did it for me.

Any lingering possibility of Sam being kept on went when he did that

I couldn't sit through a season of his style
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm on record on this thread as having said SA might be the way to go in the short term; after Sunday, no f**king way!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson