Big Sam

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Big Sam- Podcast including LUFC talk in thread

Post by Overman »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:45 pm Top man Sam but if Leed's give him the job full time, I'm chucking me Leeds shirts in the bin. Thanks for trying Sam: you're a legend (to some) but you are not a Leeds United manager...
Don't give him a ferking gig ffs, in his dotage he needs to be after dinner speeches.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Big Sam -Times reporting he will hold talks to stay on next season

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:18 pm
Haven't watched it yet but if anyone wants to hear Allardyce speak here is his podcast
"How many games do you think would have given you a realistic chance?"

"Realistically when they gave the chance to Garcia [not Gracia] that would have been enough"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Big Sam-Will be leaving according to The Telegraph

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:43 pm
That'll do for me. If we are likely to hire a permanent manager without an original thought in his head, we don't need to be bled dry while we're at it. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:43 pm
That's one good verdict, hope we follow that one up with some top innovative decisions.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Don't believe anything yet but if it's down to Kinnear we'll get fobbed off with Gerrard or Carlos Corberan.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:56 pm Don't believe anything yet but if it's down to Kinnear we'll get fobbed off with Gerrard or Carlos Corberan.
Let's not kid ourselves. It's who wants this joke of a job.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

This is positive news.

Let’s get ownership sorted before we move on. So hurry up, 49ers.
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Yes confirmed in the mail too.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I would put a small bet on SA saying on his next “look at me everyone’” podcast that he decided he didn’t want the job and it was a mutual agreement. Then he will say what a fantastic club Leeds is but there is too much turmoil behind the scenes. The reality is he would have jumped at the chance if the job had been offered.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:25 pm Let's not kid ourselves. It's who wants this joke of a job.
Anyone who has confidence in themselves as a manager .... If I were a manager I'd want it, it's in much better nick now than when Marcelo the Great took over
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:25 pm Let's not kid ourselves. It's who wants this joke of a job.
I agree but they'll be the usual dross names linked that know they can squeeze a few quid out of us, we just gave Sam Rollthedice 500k for 4 games, he's now gone. I'm not sure we are going to get a top tier name but hope springs eternal.

Adam Pope just tweeted.
“An announcement on a new Leeds United head coach will be made in the coming weeks.”

WEEKS?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:55 pm That's one good verdict, hope we follow that one up with some top innovative decisions.
Agreed Leon,

Booting Allardyce and Orta are first steps.

The bigger issue is that Radz is staying.

So, I'd expect a guy with no footballing acumen to continue to make poor decisions.

We don't know the half of what's going on Leon, but the fact that Radz seemed happy for a jerk like Orta to be delegated to make all footballing decisions speaks volumes for me.

I'm very worried about what's coming up. We have a lot of business to take care of over the next two months, and like our players, Radz and Kinnear have shown that they disintegrate under pressure and meekly surrender.

I don't like watching our decline, but it does give me great pleasure that we are now seeing Radrizzani unmasked for the leech of a charlatan that he is. Things are gonna get very nasty and personal for him if he keeps running our club into the ground.

Radz out.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:13 am I agree but they'll be the usual dross names linked that know they can squeeze a few quid out of us, we just gave Sam Rollthedice 500k for 4 games, he's now gone. I'm not sure we are going to get a top tier name but hope springs eternal.

Adam Pope just tweeted.
“An announcement on a new Leeds United head coach will be made in the coming weeks.”

WEEKS?
I know :shock:

I'm really concerned about the way our club is being mismanaged.

Bear in mind the new fixtures are released on June 22nd and the new season starts on August 4th, and other than telling Big Sam to do one :tup: we've got a mountain of business that needs sorted out.

The clock's ticking Radz, so instead of sitting on your phone sending inane tweets to our fanbase and looking for the next club that you can suck the life out of, get Leeds United's business sorted out now you parasite :x
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Big Sam-Departs

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:13 am I agree but they'll be the usual dross names linked that know they can squeeze a few quid out of us, we just gave Sam Rollthedice 500k for 4 games, he's now gone. I'm not sure we are going to get a top tier name but hope springs eternal.

Adam Pope just tweeted.
“An announcement on a new Leeds United head coach will be made in the coming weeks.

WEEKS?
He's quoting Angus Kinnear who put that statement out. Really bothered me too. It just goes to show that there's no leadership or plan in place. By "weeks" he's probably saying that it's not his call and he has to wait for stuff to be sorted out in the boardroom.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

That's thebproblem we are going to have it doesn't who the f**king manager will be it could be the best in the world. But leeds don't have the f**king funds to back a manager so therefore we are up the creek without a paddle. You just can't get a coach/manager and expect a dof or kinear to dictate the f**king in coming it just ain't going to happen because they will be puppets on strings. So forget moving forward what we need is radzs f**king out kinear out 49ers out and someone with money to take us other otherwise we will be stuck in the championship for a long f**king time again with at least 3 or 4 managers coming in 1 season.it is a desperate state we are in and it's not looking good at all.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:47 pm That's thebproblem we are going to have it doesn't who the f**king manager will be it could be the best in the world. But leeds don't have the f**king funds to back a manager so therefore we are up the creek without a paddle. You just can't get a coach/manager and expect a dof or kinear to dictate the f**king in coming it just ain't going to happen because they will be puppets on strings. So forget moving forward what we need is radzs f**king out kinear out 49ers out and someone with money to take us other otherwise we will be stuck in the championship for a long f**king time again with at least 3 or 4 managers coming in 1 season.it is a desperate state we are in and it's not looking good at all.
👍

We might not be stuck in the Championship Scooby, League One beckons if Radz stays in charge.

I'm skeptical about the motives of the 49ers too.

It's a proper s**t show.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:25 pm He's quoting Angus Kinnear who put that statement out. Really bothered me too. It just goes to show that there's no leadership or plan in place. By "weeks" he's probably saying that it's not his call and he has to wait for stuff to be sorted out in the boardroom.
Kinnear is just an employee, albeit a minion with a director's role, he really has no power to come out with any statements, obviously it was handed to him by above by Radz who is still hiding under his bed.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

White Riot wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:25 pm 👍

We might not be stuck in the Championship Scooby, League One beckons if Radz stays in charge.

I'm skeptical about the motives of the 49ers too.

It's a proper s**t show.
You're probably dead right Riot this season and the way it's all ended is as if I've lost a linb. f**king unreal I'm furious