The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 6th June) - Andrea Radrizzani Agrees to Sell Leeds United to 49ers Enterprises

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 6th June) - Andrea Radrizzani Agrees to Sell Leeds United to 49ers Enterprises

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 6th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Andrea Radrizzani Agrees to Sell to 49ers Enterprises

Leeds United's owner, Andrea Radrizzani, has reached an agreement to sell the club in its entirety to the San Francisco 49ers investment fund. Following extensive discussions, the terms of the deal were finalized yesterday, and the details have been submitted to the English Football League (EFL) for official approval.

The complete takeover of Leeds United by 49ers Enterprises, in a deal estimated to value the club at around £170 million, includes the ownership of their home stadium, Elland Road. Interestingly, Radrizzani had previously offered the ground as collateral during negotiations to acquire the Italian club Sampdoria.

49ers Enterprises already holds a 44 percent stake in Leeds United, having initially purchased a 15 percent share back in 2018. It is known that 49ers Enterprises comprises over 60 investors, with chairman Paraag Marathe and Australian billionaire Peter Lowry being the most notable among them. Both Marathe and Lowry currently serve on the Leeds Board, and they are expected to make further appointments once the deal is ratified. The day-to-day operations of the club will continue to be overseen by chief executive Angus Kinnear.

At the outset, Radrizzani and the 49ers reached an initial agreement, valuing Leeds United at £420 million. This deal had the potential to earn Radrizzani a substantial sum of over £200 million from his remaining 56 percent stake. However, the valuation was tied to Leeds United's retention of their Premier League status. Unfortunately, following the team's relegation, the 49ers' valuation plummeted by a staggering £220 million. As a result, intensive negotiations over the past ten days were imperative to salvage the deal and find a viable solution.

Reports suggest that the Premier League has granted approval for the transaction, which is now awaiting scrutiny from the EFL. It is the responsibility of the EFL to ensure that all the investors associated with the 49ers comply with the Owners and Directors test set forth by the league.

Ayling pledges undivided attention on helping Leeds win promotion

Luke Ayling had pledged his undivided attention on helping Leeds win promotion back to the top flight. The soon to be 32yo, a £200,000 buy from Bristol City seven years ago, is closing in on 250 appearances for the Whites, during which time, has become a fans favourite.

His heart maybe in the right place, but his pace has suffered over the years. Last season, he showed all the anaerobic acceleration of a snail (with a limp). The amount of times he was skinned, made it difficult to watch. The quality in the Championship may not be on par with the top flight, and there's a lot to be said for experience, but he's only going to get slower as he gets older. According to Ayling...

We let this club down. Too the fans, I am sorry we couldn’t keep you in the Premier League. All my attention now is to make sure we bounce back straight away. “When we got promoted last time we did it without being able to celebrate with our great fans and now that’s what I look forward to and dream of doing.

Gerrard the perfect man for the job

Former Scotland and Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton believes Steven Gerrard is the perfect man for job at Elland Road! Speaking to Football Insider, Gerrard can handle the pressure that managing a huge club like Leeds brings. After a successful spell at Rangers, it all suddenly went wrong at Villa Park, and the 43yo was relieved of his duties last October, after 11 months in charge.

I think he will feel that he is more than capable of doing that. Do I think he can? Of course. This is a guy that now has a little bit of experience, has been at a big club with the pressure and everything that comes with it. Aston Villa are a massive football club, that did not quite work out. Leeds are a huge football team and you would like to think that if they can hold on to most of their players they will have an opportunity to come back up. It is relentless down there so it will be difficult but it is probably something he will feel he can go and do so I am sure he is hungry to get back in.

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 6th June) 49ers takeover expected this week

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:55 am

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 6th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

49ers takeover expected this week

49ers Enterprises are reported to be in the final throes of completing the takeover of Leeds Utd, following extensive talks yesterday.

Various media reports, including the Mail, are suggesting that an agreement is now in place for the California based investment arm of the San Francisco 49ers, to purchase Andrea Radrizzani's 56% controlling interest, in a deal worth £170m

Radrizzani's options have been limited since Leeds were relegated last month. He doesn't have the financial clout to be able to compete with the big boys, and has taken the club as far as he can. He'll be kicking himself that he didn't sell the club this time last year, where he would have earned three times as much as what he'll be earning from the present deal.

Ayling pledges undivided attention on helping Leeds win promotion

Luke Ayling had pledged his undivided attention on helping Leeds win promotion back to the top flight. The soon to be 32yo, a £200,000 buy from Bristol City seven years ago, is closing in on 250 appearances for the Whites, during which time, has become a fans favourite.

His heart maybe in the right place, but his pace has suffered over the years. Last season, he showed all the anaerobic acceleration of a snail (with a limp). The amount of times he was skinned, made it difficult to watch. The quality in the Championship may not be on par with the top flight, and there's a lot to be said for experience, but he's only going to get slower as he gets older. According to Ayling:-

Gerrard the perfect man for the job

Former Scotland and Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton believes Steven Gerrard is the perfect man for job at Elland Road! Speaking to Football Insider, Gerrard can handle the pressure that managing a huge club like Leeds brings. After a successful spell at Rangers, it all suddenly went wrong at Villa Park, and the 43yo was relieved of his duties last October, after 11 months in charge.

CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 6th June) 49ers takeover expected this week

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

The only good thing about relegation is that the parasite Radz has lost out massively from a financial point of view. He didn't even know how to flip a club so as to maximise his profit - even though it was on a plate for him after avoiding relegation the season before last. The guy's inept when it comes to football.

He and Orta are now consigned to the annals of notoriety in the history of the club. Risdale is of a much higher standing - at least he made the club properly successful in the PL and European football for several seasons.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Not convinced by the Niners but, if true, at least we have a single direction of travel in the boardroom. Who they bring in as DoF and manager will be telling, I reckon.

Ayling - been a good servant, gets us but has to be a supporting role for him going forward.

Gerard - still think he was a busted flush without Beale, so I'd rather it not be him.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Gerrard the perfect man to take us to league 1
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

TOMA 23 will be short it seems
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:11 am The only good thing about relegation is that the parasite Radz has lost out massively from a financial point of view. He didn't even know how to flip a club so as to maximise his profit - even though it was on a plate for him after avoiding relegation the season before last. The guy's inept when it comes to football.

He and Orta are now consigned to the annals of notoriety in the history of the club. Risdale is of a much higher standing - at least he made the club properly successful in the PL and European football for several seasons.
how on earth is radz a "parasite"

honestly your post must be one of the most ridiculous I've seen on this forum for a while, and that includes all of kenny's posts
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

49ers takeover this week - at least we can now start to move on and prepare for the coming season, still tons and tons to do before we’re anything like ready!

I’ve always liked Luke, not the player he was due to his age now but worth keeping for his experience, I would suggest.

Why does anyone think that Gerrard would do any better here than he did at Villa? Ok, he did a decent job in Scotland in a 2 team league but I’m definitely not convinced.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

danhirons wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:51 am how on earth is radz a "parasite"

honestly your post must be one of the most ridiculous I've seen on this forum for a while, and that includes all of kenny's posts
Because he was only involved with LUFC in order to flip the club. Like buying a run down house, doing it up and selling it on for profit. Haven't you worked that out yet ? People are allowed to have an opinion without receiving comments like yours - it's your look out if you want to believe that he had some kind of love for the club. It was a club which he saw was reasonably priced at the time, and was ideal material for flipping. And that's what he did - however he got his exit timing all wrong. Of course he made all the right noises to the fans whilst he still held on to his investment. Are you hearing from him now though ?

I'm sure that many feel the same as myself judging from lots of other recent posts on here - so maybe have more respect for other people's opinions ? Personally I find the notion that Radz had any kind of love for LUFC totally ridiculous, not to say very naive. In the end he showed his true colours - and hasn't been seen since relegation as he sets about on his next club flipping project, which is another distressed commodity with potential for massive uplift if he can turn it around. That's all LUFC was for him ultimately -a commodity which he could flip. I believe that even Risdale had a greater regard and feel for the club.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Wrexham beat the World Champions US Women's team 12-0 recently in a special 7-a-side 40 minute tournament.

Veteran striker Lee Trundle 46, came out of retirement and scored 4.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

MANY HAPPY RETURNS TONY YEBOAH

Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:41 am TOMA 23 will be short it seems
I would have thought we would be on TOMA 223.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:20 am Because he was only involved with LUFC in order to flip the club. Like buying a run down house, doing it up and selling it on for profit. Haven't you worked that out yet ? People are allowed to have an opinion without receiving comments like yours - it's your look out if you want to believe that he had some kind of love for the club. It was a club which he saw was reasonably priced at the time, and was ideal material for flipping. And that's what he did - however he got his exit timing all wrong. Of course he made all the right noises to the fans whilst he still held on to his investment. Are you hearing from him now though ?

I'm sure that many feel the same as myself judging from lots of other recent posts on here - so maybe have more respect for other people's opinions ? Personally I find the notion that Radz had any kind of love for LUFC totally ridiculous, not to say very naive. In the end he showed his true colours - and hasn't been seen since relegation as he sets about on his next club flipping project, which is another distressed commodity with potential for massive uplift if he can turn it around. That's all LUFC was for him ultimately -a commodity which he could flip. I believe that even Risdale had a greater regard and feel for the club.
tell me owners that have a love for their club...and do it just for that

there's very very very few - look at the prem, there's maybe 2 or 3 teams that have owners like that, and I'm sure they're not 100 per cent in it just for the club

Just because he didn't do it purely for the love of Leeds, doesn't mean he's a parasite or that he was worse than ridsdale or that he's a bad person...Ridsdale took us from a top half prem team into a top 4/6 team...and then down to a bankrupt championship side, the mere suggestion that he is of better standing than radz is ludicrous sorry

Edit - I don't think anyone has ever thought Radz, a random Italian businessman, bought Leeds solely because of his love for Leeds United football club...not sure now why you're suddenly bringing that into question, when we were doing great you didn't seem to care that he might be profiting from it...
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:11 am The only good thing about relegation is that the parasite Radz has lost out massively from a financial point of view. He didn't even know how to flip a club so as to maximise his profit - even though it was on a plate for him after avoiding relegation the season before last. The guy's inept when it comes to football.

100% Chapel :tup:

I'm really delighted we're getting shot of the disgusting vermin Radz and his blood sucking pals.

Even better that it's gonna hit this 40 faced ba***rd in the pocket :$$:

Radz looked the gift horse in the mouth and then sent it to the knacker's yard.

Good he's a coward, cos he ain't got the stomach for a fight. That's why he's going, cos he doesn't wanna face the music we'd be playing.

Ayling can do one, along with all of his Championship winning pals, who to a man have let down us and the club massively over the past two seasons.

If we need experience then get some better experienced players in that have quality, confidence and a determination to win

I hope the 49ers get the deal done pronto, then get a professional DOF, ambitious young coach who is wedded to possession based football, then overhaul our squad completely, the dross needs discarded and better players recruited.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Plenty of fuckwittery on here.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

danhirons wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:48 am tell me owners that have a love for their club...and do it just for that

there's very very very few - look at the prem, there's maybe 2 or 3 teams that have owners like that, and I'm sure they're not 100 per cent in it just for the club

Just because he didn't do it purely for the love of Leeds, doesn't mean he's a parasite or that he was worse than ridsdale or that he's a bad person...Ridsdale took us from a top half prem team into a top 4/6 team...and then down to a bankrupt championship side, the mere suggestion that he is of better standing than radz is ludicrous sorry

Edit - I don't think anyone has ever thought Radz, a random Italian businessman, bought Leeds solely because of his love for Leeds United football club...not sure now why you're suddenly bringing that into question, when we were doing great you didn't seem to care that he might be profiting from it...
Applause.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:33 am Gerrard the perfect man to take us to league 1
👍

I wouldn't thank you for him, would be a very underwhelming choice.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I can’t be bothered to read up on the takeover - life’s too short! But presumably the reported £170m figure is the valuation for the whole club and therefore, as the 49ers already own 44% of the shares (I think!), they would pay 56% of the £170m.

Also £170m sounds an awful lot for a Championship club, so does that figure include the ground?

Just wondering aloud really, but if anyone does have any details or any other insights, It’d be interesting to know. Or, I suppose, it’ll all come out in wash in due course anyway.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

danhirons wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:51 am how on earth is radz a "parasite"

And your posts are what exactly ?

Kennys are always fcking spot on, i have and will continue to always be more knowledgeable and spot things earlier that most.

Correct on the clown 4 years ago.

Correct on Radz as soon as he came.

Absolutely fcking nailed on Bert.

I could go on, but you're barely worth it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)