You got rid of the man who made Leeds believe again, the man to pull the board out of the s**t,and back too the prem.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: You got rid of the man who made Leeds believe again, the man to pull the board out of the s**t,and back too the prem

Post by Jaydog »

Analogise that
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: You got rid of the man who made Leeds believe again, the man to pull the board out of the s**t,and back too the prem

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:52 pm It's actually quite a good analogy.

You meet this girl, let's say she's 16 to make it a bit more appropriate, and she's beautiful. Everyone is jealous of you being with her. She's a great girl, loves the same things as you and wow the sex is amazing. You stay with her. The first year is good, it's all a bit new and you weren't really sure it would last but it does, A little bit of a wobble towards the end of the first year, the honeymoon period is over, and you stay together. The 2nd year is amazing. The relationship is really growing, The sex, that seemed amazing, shows no sign of abating, if anything it is getting better. The 3rd year and wow even more people notice how beautiful your girl is and how lucky you are. A lot of people are jealous of you, you worry a little bit that she might leave you for 'someone better,' someone richer and a bit flashier that can take her travelling around Europe. But she stays with you and things are great. Year 4 and suddenly cracks start to appear. A little bit of arguing and maybe things you loved at first you start to maybe grow bored off. The sex is still great but it is happening less often. So you start thinking maybe the relationship has run its course, the magic has gone. So you dump her and end up sleeping with that girl you had your eye on for a while. She always seemed sexy and wow what a body. However after a while you realise that it was all flashy and no real substance, the sex quickly goes from exciting to terrible, you have nothing in common, but you stay with her as you don't want to admit to everyone you've made a terrible mistake. Finally though enough is enough, maybe too late but you get rid of her. You then f*ck any dirty old sl*g you can get and catch every disease going.

Aaah to be back with that beautiful girl and to have worked your way through the difficult spell.
:)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:15 am I don't suppose you've any idea when it might end have ya, there's no light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier ?

Have you been through it yourself, any advice ?
For girls yes - not for a sixty something Argentinian male football manager...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

So Marsch was a dirty old slag with STD’s and Bielsa was a beautiful woman. You know I never noticed but my wife says I only realised fairly recently that I’m an idiot. Which is nice
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:18 pm So Marsch was a dirty old slag with STD’s and Bielsa was a beautiful woman. You know I never noticed but my wife says I only realised fairly recently that I’m an idiot. Which is nice
:lol: :lol: :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:18 pm So Marsch was a dirty old slag with STD’s and Bielsa was a beautiful woman. You know I never noticed but my wife says I only realised fairly recently that I’m an idiot. Which is nice
I hope that I played a part, no matter how small, in helping you realise you were, and still are, an idiot.

And no Marsch was the girl 'you had your eye on' and thought 'I'd have a go at that'

Your wife is so frickin' correct
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:48 pm I hope that I played a part, no matter how small, in helping you realise you were, and still are, an idiot.

And no Marsch was the girl 'you had your eye on' and thought 'I'd have a go at that'

Your wife is so frickin' correct
I think it’s fair to say you’ve played a part in all our lives on MOT. I hope it’s ok to thank Weasel on behalf of everyone in the Leeds Utd community for his kind words and world class analogies.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:29 am I think it’s fair to say you’ve played a part in all our lives on MOT. I hope it’s ok to thank Weasel on behalf of everyone in the Leeds Utd community for his kind words and world class analogies.
I'd prefer individual thanks from everyone if I'm being honest. This reminds me of the time when I lived in Ireland, as a young boy, and for 3 successive St Patrick's Days I found a pound, or punt as I think it was called. I think it was the whole world telling me that somehow I was better than St Patrick and I could be a hero to the irish people. Sadly I returned to Ol' Blighty after just 3 years and instead it was left to Jack Charlton to become the english hero that the Irish people would fall in love with, much live Patrick, Saint not Bamford, had done so many years ago.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm a Bielsa fan, but why are those who are not so keen, not allowed an opinion on here?
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Onwards and upwards chaps.

Onwards and upwards. :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:36 am I'm a Bielsa fan, but why are those who are not so keen, not allowed an opinion on here?
You are allowed an opinion but much like with the other half it’s not really valid :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 am You are allowed an opinion but much like with the other half it’s not really valid :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:36 am I'm a Bielsa fan, but why are those who are not so keen, not allowed an opinion on here?
I have no problem with people having their opinions but it is when they spout stuff that is factually wrong (such as stating he couldn't organise a defence when I have repeatedly told them we had the 3rd best defence in the championshio, followed by the best defence - after PJ left, and then had the spell of 11 matches where we only conceded 8 in the prem despite playing 5 of the 'big' 6). Or stating their opinion as if it were fact like saying that he had 'lost the dressing room' as if them stating it makes it true.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:53 pm Like i said, you haven't a fcking clue.
I'm afraid yearning for s guy who got Leeds promotion from the championship won't bring him back. it's like an obsession. it's like the older generation of Leeds fans wanting Don revie back and his team they actually won major trophies something that you and the last two generation of fans will probably never see in your lifetime unless things drastically change let's not forget bielsa had an ego the size of Blackpool tower and played a major part in his own downfall shades of Brian Clough in 1974 but you was probably not around then
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

geronimo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 pm I'm afraid yearning for s guy who got Leeds promotion from the championship won't bring him back. it's like an obsession. it's like the older generation of Leeds fans wanting Don revie back and his team they actually won major trophies something that you and the last two generation of fans will probably never see in your lifetime unless things drastically change let's not forget bielsa had an ego the size of Blackpool tower and played a major part in his own downfall shades of Brian Clough in 1974 but you was probably not around then
Oh i was around for sure.

Massive difference - Don is dead and definitely won't be coming back.

Bert is alive and kicking.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

But bielsa ain't coming back neither he was an old man when he took the job on he was never going to be here for years and build a dynasty like revie did radrizaani and orta brought him here to get promoted and that's what he did he was on one year contracts every season he certainly would not have been here now even if he had been backed. he would have just walked and said he had done his job or got bored or fed up that's the sort of guy he was he dictated the terms
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

geronimo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:35 pm But bielsa ain't coming back neither he was an old man when he took the job on he was never going to be here for years and build a dynasty like revie did radrizaani and orta brought him here to get promoted and that's what he did he was on one year contracts every season he certainly would not have been here now even if he had been backed. he would have just walked and said he had done his job or got bored or fed up that's the sort of guy he was he dictated the terms
My point proved - spouting their opinion as if it is somehow fact. We have no idea whether he would have still been here if backed.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

bielsa never stayed anywhere very long he was in to his third season when he got sacked at the end of the day football is a resiilts business the hidings Leeds were getting at the time a and the amount of goals they were conceding it was only going to end one way. needless to say the major problems lay with the ownership and orta which even now continue it as taken relegation for many fans to eventually wake up
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

geronimo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:07 pm bielsa never stayed anywhere very long he was in to his third season when he got sackedat the end of the day football is a resiilts business the hidings Leeds were getting at the time a and the amount of goals they were conceding it was only going to end one way. needless to say the major problems lay with the ownership and orta which even now continue it as taken relegation for many fans to eventually wake up
He was into his fourth season.

First season play offs, second season Championship winners, third season 9th placed finish in the PL.

Fourth season when he was ridiculously sacked.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

he was sacked because Leeds were getting annihilated every week the ownership were never going to admit fault if they own the club every manager is judged on results even bielsa that is a fact I am afraid hence the reason this club has gone through so many managers over the years without the sufficient financial backing no manager will turn this club around the fact we have gone through four managers this season proves the point entirely