Next Manager poll-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Who would you like

Daniel Farke
16%
Brendan Rodgers
33%
Graham Potter
14%
Carlos Corberan
8%
Steven Gerrard
No votes
Scott Parker
No votes
Kjetil Knutsen
8%
Diego Flores
No votes
Lee Bowyer
No votes
Jon Dahl Tomasson
3%
Jonathan Woodgate
No votes
Patrick Vieira
8%
Karl Robinson
No votes
Phillipe Clement
No votes
Ryan Lowe
2%
Michael Carrick
6%
Kieran McKenna
No votes
Regis Le Bris
No votes
Chris Wilder
No votes
Tony Mowbray
No votes
Fabian Hurzeler
No votes
Other (please state in comments)
2%

Total votes: 63

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Next Manager poll-

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:08 pm Does the Farke odds dropping today mean that Webber is coming in as DOF?

Would be a logical link. Webber been part of discussion for the past couple of weeks. Possible that the new owners have been talking to him behind the scenes
Doesn't sound like it from the Phil Hay article.

Seems a DOF isn't imminent
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

For what it's worth Phil has again said that the indications are Brenden Rodgers isn't interested in a Championship job.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:11 pm I'm hoping we're going to see a lotof ambition from the new board. And that means that several unrealistic coaches will now be realistic. Like I said further up, Wilkinson and Bielsa both dropped to lower tiers than their earned reputations.

I also think back to teams like Blackburn when they made Dalglish manager and started buying players like Shearer.

We know the board wants an immediate bounce. So let's hope they're going all in to make it happen. And hence, getting us a higher calibre than a championship coach.

Which is why I voted for Rodgers
Don't think the 49ers have the knowledge to go for anyone ambitious.

They have been using Kinnear for knowledge ffs :lol:

Phil has said it seems more likely an obvious dull appointment.

Rather than an ambitious or left field one.
Signed

King Cjay

pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

Rodgers has stated he wants rest so i believe he is out of the running. i would want Potter as he did very well at Brighton with not much money but i do not think he would be interested therefore i voted for Farke a manager who did wonders at Norwich again with not much money.

However if 49's actual take over in the next day or so and release a statement stating lots of cash to be provided for players than we can get a top notch manager....
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Next Manager poll

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:57 pm Added back in vote again or don't
Can make your own poll next time

200.gif
Afraid I also voted for Rodgers Cjay. Just my way of trying to put a message out there in the universe. Right now, if we could get him, I think he would be our best bet to totally reset the squad.
If he is indeed unrealistic, my next option is Corboran.
Not sure what to make of Falke. Seems a bit of a nit 'n miss option. But must confess I know little a out him, other than Norwich.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:25 pm Don’t know much about several options so voted for Potter.

I always hated the sight of him when playing against his sides but harboured a grudging underlying respect.

And his nephew’s a wizard. Obviously.
I totally forgot about the wizard thing. Such good point. :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/artic ... is-tactics

Kieran McKenna would be a much more exciting appointment if we want domestic.

Done an exceptional job at Ipswich.

But Angus won't have heard of him so
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

malcolmw wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:50 pm Afraid I also voted for Rodgers Cjay. Just my way of trying to put a message out there in the universe. Right now, if we could get him, I think he would be our best bet to totally reset the squad.
If he is indeed unrealistic, my next option is Corboran.
Not sure what to make of Falke. Seems a bit of a nit 'n miss option. But must confess I know little a out him, other than Norwich.
I understand the Rodgers vote mate.

Just was worried everyone would pick him and there'd be little discussed :)

Phil Hay has said repeatedly (and again tonight) that the indication is Rodgers isn't interested.

Farke I'm not convinced on.

Did well at a small club but failed at his only big job.
Signed

King Cjay

malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:07 pm I understand the Rodgers vote mate.

Just was worried everyone would pick him and there'd be little discussed :)

Phil Hay has said repeatedly (and again tonight) that the indication is Rodgers isn't interested.

Farke I'm not convinced on.

Did well at a small club but failed at his only big job.
These guys have such ego's!
You'd think a bloke like Rodgers would see opportunity to cement his legacy as a top manager by coming into a club like ours, with new money and a blank slate. He gets us promoted and top 10 in the PL and his resume looks way better.
His odds of doing that at another middling PL club are far less.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From the Norwicy forum on Farke

Bad fit. It would take him a while to get going there and they wouldn't appreciate how he coaches a team to play off the ball when they get exposed, they like a team that gets stuck in and plays with intensity. The CR crowd grumbled when teams just ran through us unchallenged, bullied us physically and won most second balls, the ER crowd would be apoplectic. It would be a horrible mistake from both parties. He'd fit in much better at Leicester and I'm surprised he's not been linked there yet.

Give him a team like Leicester who should never have been relegated, would be far too good for the league, were built to pass the ball and were capable of having 70% of the ball every game and they would be beautiful to watch and would dominate the league. Give him a Leeds team who were built to run and counter attack and he's struggle massively unless he could completely overhaul the team. 

Farke was perfect fit for us but he's really not as good as the consensus on here would make out, there were serious deficiencies in how he coaches a team without the ball and having Buendia and Pukki as a threat mitigated those faults for us at this level because teams had to adjust to deal with them and let us have the ball. 

I'm sure nobody will agree with me on this. Everyone will say he was amazing and it was all Webber's fault for not signing him players who were good enough to dominate the ball in the PL with our budget (which is impossible by the way) but it's just how I saw it. I love the guy, it was the best football I've ever seen at CR and he's my favourite NCFC manager ever but he has weaknesses and at another club like Leeds in their current situation with different circumstances it's unlikely he'd repeat what he did here.
Signed

King Cjay

malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

pjm2019 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:29 pm Rodgers has stated he wants rest so i believe he is out of the running. i would want Potter as he did very well at Brighton with not much money but i do not think he would be interested therefore i voted for Farke a manager who did wonders at Norwich again with not much money.

However if 49's actual take over in the next day or so and release a statement stating lots of cash to be provided for players than we can get a top notch manager....
When I hear "I need some rest" I always think it really means "I'm sitting here waiting for the best offer to come in"!
I agree new ownership should be an attraction for the managers on the list to choose us. But on the other hand we are also still in such turmoil, it may send many running for the door.
I like the idea of bringing Corboran back if the "big names" are unlikely.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

It's interesting people only see the 2 Championship titles.

They had a 1st season where it was really poor.

They also had Buendia and Pukki playing out of there skin both seasons.

Defensively it's not great

His Championship record works out at 51 goals conceded per season on average.

For comparison last season the top 3 were in the 30s.

Season before 10 teams were below 50 goals.

From reading the Norwich forum there defensive problems under Farke were obvious (to them) but hidden by the overall team and players like Pukki and Buendia.

Both title winning seasons under Farke they massively over performed in terms of xG for or against.

That is down to individuals not the manager.

2nd promotion season they should have conceded 52 goals rather than 36.

1st they should have scored in the 70s for goals scored not the 90s.

When that happens it becomes a concern because that is no longer about a manager doing well, its about talented players stopping goals that should happen or scoring when they shouldn't.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

PLease god not Gerrard

I notice that Brendan is 14/1 with Bet 365 but 6/1 with Sky Bet

Crazy
Allez le Blancs
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:19 pm For what it's worth Phil has again said that the indications are Brenden Rodgers isn't interested in a Championship job.
Hardly a shock.

He was never going to drop to the championship, no matter how big many think we are.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Farke twice got a Championship squad (arguably worse than our squad) promoted.
Rodger’s was going to get a squad better than ours relegated till he got sacked.
Farke will see Leeds as a great opportunity. Rodgers will see Leeds as beneath him.
Siqu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Siqu »

Farke or if not Corberan.

But i dont think we will get either. But please not woodgate, gerrard or bowyer! Weve given new faces chances, we need someone who knows the championship and is able to handle our upcoming departures and replace them with some quality, even if theyre older players!
hector

Post by hector »

Is Benitez not in the running?
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Siqu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Siqu »

hector wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:06 am Is Benitez not in the running?
Dont forget 'Woy Hodgson!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Michael Carrick for me, but I doubt he'll leave the Boro.

I just want a young ambitious coach, who is committed to playing possession based football.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I mentioned Michael Carrick name a few weeks ago, I doubt we'd prised him away from Boro' though.