Chances of staying at LUFC for the new season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Chances of staying at LUFC for the new season

Post by lufc1304 »

Adams - 50/50
Roca - 80/20 gone
Koch - 60/40 gone
Summerville - 50/50
Gnonto - 60/40 stay
Sinisterra - 60/40 gone (injury record might put potential suitors off)
Harrison - gone
Meslier - gone
Drameh - 70/30 stay (but will need assurances re game time)
Rodrigo - gone (sadly)
Aaronson - 50/50 (don't know who'd pay for him given how poor he was this season)
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:12 pm Adams 100% sale
Roca 100% sale
Koch 75% sale
Summerville 30% sale
Gnonto 50% sale
Sinisterra 70% sale
Harrison 90% sale
Meslier 90% sale
Drameh 30% sale
Rodrigo 10% sale
Aaronson 80% sale

Don’t see any loans tbh
Interesting you have Rodrigo so low ...the rest, I'd probably say, are spot on
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:00 am Interesting you have Rodrigo so low ...the rest, I'd probably say, are spot on
Just a gut feeling really. He often seemed one of the more passionate players. Gets a lot of stick but ultimately one of the few who came out of the season with any credit. Also he could get a hatful in the Championship
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

One thing Orta did right was tie certain players up with release clauses and relegation wage reductions.

It would be foolish to offload everyone and rebuild from scratch when the season starts in just under 2 months, it's just not going to happen.

We are being taken over by a huge sporting enterprise worth billions and everyone outside the club thinks we have to sell our assets on the cheap.

Selling Rodrigo (€27m) a Spain international for €3.5m to R. Madrid's bench, is clearly a cheeky low offer, when he has time on his contract and his release clause must be around €10m, unless we don't get a high fee then we don't need to sell him, he'll score goals in the Championship.

If players want to leave then they do so at their contractual release price, they can't argue when they agreed to it.

SF49 will want Leeds auto promoted at the first attempt, it gets expensive and a slog after that and I believe we can do that with tenacious negotiations on sales and sensible purchases/loans.

Leicester have problems because they have some very high earners under contract with no release fees or wage reduction fees included which is going to eat up their parachute payments, Leeds United are in a far better financial position than any club in the Championship.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

To be honest, I don't know who will stay & who will go.

Firstly, the 49ers will be looking for an immediate return to the Premier League so won't wish to have a total clearout.

The other factor is, which PL clubs are going to be interested in our players.

After saying that, I think Rodrigo, Roca, Meslier, Harrison & Aaronson are 100% chances to leave ER, wouldn't surprise me if Summerville pushes for a move as he is somewhat temperamental.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:46 pm I'd really like to see the likes of Drameh, Cresswell, Gelhardt, Gyabi, Gray, Perkins, Joseph all being part of the 1st team squad. Not saying they should be our starting line up. But they should be part of the squad.
This I'm banking on and if not
then the board remains clueless.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

Would all still make very good players at championship level.

Undecided on Robles or Melier.

Wober, Good defensive capability.
Tyler Adams', Best from the American trio
Harrison, Still has time to improve further.
Rodrigo, Would maybe hit 20+ in form
Sinisterra, Powerful striker of the ball.
Summerville, Pace and wins plenty of free kicks.
Gnonto, Could become the best championship player on the left.

I personally hope the above will all stay & Perhaps kristensen as he was starting to improve by the end of the season. A few of the u21,s
We definitely need some good additions too.
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

I hope we are looking at incoming players. Whoever stays or leaves we need a number 9 from an English side who is a proven goal scorer. We also need a quality number 10 who has flair. With our squad even losing or moving on 10-15 players with 2 incoming we should make top 2
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

sell and move on 15-20 players and the remaining players would be:

GOALKEEPERS

Kristoffer Klaesson
Dani Van Den Heuvel
Harry Christy
Will Brook
Darryl Ombang

DEFENDERS
Rasmus Kristensen
Harvey Sutcliffe
Pascal Struijk
Diogo Monteiro
Cody Drameh
Cuba Cline
Leo Hjelde
Kris Moore
James Debayo
Jeremiah Mullen
Charlie Cresswell
Max Wober -

MIDFIELDERS

Stuart Dallas
Alfie McCalmont
Jack Jenkins
Crysencio Summerville
Charlie Allen
xxxx Bate
Joe Snowdon
Amari Miller
Archie Gray
Keenan Carole
Darko Gyabi
Luis Sinisterra
Stuart McKinstry
Dan James
Wilfried Gnonto

STRIKERS

Joe Gelhardt
Sam Greenwood
Mateo Joseph
Luca Thomas
Sonny Perkins
Giorginio Rutter

Plus proved number 9 goal scorer and quality number 10
OedipusRex
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by OedipusRex »

Dramah played 2/3rds of a season for Cardiff and was voted their player of the year, he then went on to be the form right back in the Championship last year.

Charlie Cresswell has been immense for Millwall, their fans couldn’t believe we’d sent him there for a year while our own defence was struggling like an U11s defensive line.

I think Wober has been one of the clubs better signings and has showed the commitment, skill and anticipation of a very good Centre half.

Firepower has been exposed for a lack of pace at Premier League level but in the Championship that would be less of an issue. He then offers us a bit of quality going forward but above all else he’s shown some passion for the club.

iMO that could be a good foundation for a team to get promoted back to the PL.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:51 am To be honest, I don't know who will stay & who will go.

Firstly, the 49ers will be looking for an immediate return to the Premier League so won't wish to have a total clearout.

The other factor is, which PL clubs are going to be interested in our players.

After saying that, I think Rodrigo, Roca, Meslier, Harrison & Aaronson are 100% chances to leave ER, wouldn't surprise me if Summerville pushes for a move as he is somewhat temperamental.
I agree its very hard to predict this right now.
Surely it will, to a large extent, depend who who comes in as manager, his desired style of play and contacts from prior engagements? Would we really have 3 Americans right now if we didn't have an American coach for much of last season?
Of course the same logic replies to who comes in to replace Orta - where he has focus and contacts, and where he has leverage.

I also agree with who you feel will definitely leave. I would add to that list Adams and (hopefully) McKennie.

We are going to need to find an experienced goalkeeper. VDH did really well for the U23's last season, but can he be thrown in as first choice from the start of the new season??
I'm also concerned about a real striker. Losing Rodrigo and continued uncertainty around Bamford means a giant hole there. I do hope Rutter stays and a new coaching team and get him back on track. Personally I think he was mismanaged since coming to the club. He should excel in the Championship.

I may be in the minority here, but I'll be sorry to lose Harrison.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

OedipusRex wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 am Dramah played 2/3rds of a season for Cardiff and was voted their player of the year, he then went on to be the form right back in the Championship last year.

Charlie Cresswell has been immense for Millwall, their fans couldn’t believe we’d sent him there for a year while our own defence was struggling like an U11s defensive line.

I think Wober has been one of the clubs better signings and has showed the commitment, skill and anticipation of a very good Centre half.

Firepower has been exposed for a lack of pace at Premier League level but in the Championship that would be less of an issue. He then offers us a bit of quality going forward but above all else he’s shown some passion for the club.

iMO that could be a good foundation for a team to get promoted back to the PL.
Totally agree with you about Wober. For me he's a potential captain. I hope we can keep him.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Rodrigo getting back in the Spain squad surely suggests he will be on a plane. At this stage of his career a season in the Championship will do sod all for his profile. He may have strong feelings for the club but they are unlikely to match his personal ambitions. For me he is a cert to move on.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:11 am Rodrigo getting back in the Spain squad surely suggests he will be on a plane. At this stage of his career a season in the Championship will do sod all for his profile. He may have strong feelings for the club but they are unlikely to match his personal ambitions. For me he is a cert to move on.
Can’t blame him given the point at which he’s at in his career…32 years doesn’t leave much room left. But he clearly grew into loving the shirt and it showed this past season (and late last season). I doubt many would begrudge him if he left for the opportunity to represent his country, and a high profile nation at that.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

JoeDenver wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:19 am Can’t blame him given the point at which he’s at in his career…32 years doesn’t leave much room left. But he clearly grew into loving the shirt and it showed this past season (and late last season). I doubt many would begrudge him if he left for the opportunity to represent his country, and a high profile nation at that.
Spot on, Joe. He's had a stop-start time with us, was never really a Bielsa fit, though even then he showed flashes of what he could do when played as a striker. This season he has shown fight, commitment and an eye for goal, all of which have possibly resurrected his international career. Good luck to him if he does go, though I'd love him to give us a season as I think he'd score a bagful in the EFL if he stayed fit.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson