Ipswich 3-4 Leeds - Post Match Debate. UNCUT ANGLES

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Ipswich Town v Leeds United
Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town
3–4
Championship
26/08/2023
Portman Road
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Ipswich Town
85
Played
35
Won
21
Drawn
29
Lost
+10
GD
41%
Win %
Away record
43
Played
12
Won
10
Drawn
21
Lost
-18
GD
28%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
05/05/2019 Portman Road 3–2 L Championship ↗
24/10/2018 Elland Road 2–0 W Championship ↗
13/01/2018 Portman Road 1–0 L Championship ↗
23/09/2017 Elland Road 3–2 W Championship ↗
18/02/2017 Portman Road 1–1 D Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Ipswich Town
#PlayerGoals
1 Allan Clarke 8
2 Peter Lorimer 6
3 Johnny Giles 4
4 Trevor Cherry 4
5 Ross McCormack 4
Starting XI
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
10 Summerville
19 Greenwood
26 Darlow
33 Hjelde
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:39 pm I think you should dangle yourself by your bollox off teh Orwell bridge, like you suggested earlier :P :)
I’ve made a lot of promises, I hope the Tractor Boys don’t let me down boy.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11772
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:31 pm If we win there I’ll run up & down my road with one on. How about that.
Photographic evidence will be produced I presume :duno:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79019
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:59 pm leeds.jpg

Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd
Saturday 26th August @15:00hrs |Portman Road

Leeds welcome Wilfred Gnonto and Luis Sinisterra back to the first team squad, for the visit of top of the table Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon.

Whilst Gnonto's absence has been well documented, it was widely speculated that Sinisterra would be omitted from both the visit to Ipswich, and next weeks League Cup game against Salford City, as he prepares for a move away from Elland Road.

During Thursday lunchtime's press conference, Daniel Farke made a point of stating that the Colombian International, was both back in the first team squad, and available to play. Their presence will certainly lift the spirits, both in the Leeds dressing room, and on the terraces.

Joe Gelhardt has a shoulder injury, but it hasn't stopped him from training this week, whilst Leo Hjelde returns to the squad after a concussion, and will fight it out with Sam Byram for the left back berth. Dan James has a slight groin strain, and it remains to be seen whether he makes the trip to East Anglia. Junior Firpo, Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford, Stuart Dallas, Ian Poveda and Mateo Joseph remain sidelined.

The tractor boys have ploughed their way past Sunderland, Stoke, and QPR on their way to the Championship summit, and are firm favourite for the win. Leeds may be desperate for their first league win of the season, but theoretically, the pressure is off, which could work in their favour.

The two teams last played each other during the 2018/19 season, the same season Ipswich were relegated. Leeds won at Elland Road quite comfortably (2-0) whilst Ipswich edged a 3-2 with a stoppage time winner at their place, but it was not enough to keep them up.

Leif Davis returns against the club he spent four years at, applying his trade. He moved to Portman Road a year ago for a fee of £1m. Last season he netted three times, and provided 14 assists. He already has a 'Whoscored' this season of 7.21, higher than all, but two Leeds players.
Can we make this the first post of the thread .... or just start a proper one. No clue what the Re is supposed to mean in the title of this one
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:45 pm Photographic evidence will be produced I presume :duno:
Yeah, Chilli will pop over with his long lens camera
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8783
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:47 pm Yeah, Chilli will pop over with his long lens camera
😖
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Re: Ipswich v Leeds Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Anyone travelling by train to the game?

Leeds Utd app has stated that the last Saturday train to Cambridge will be 17.21
The last train to Peterborough will be 17.58 - due to strikes
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Re: Ipswich v Leeds Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:03 pm Anyone travelling by train to the game?

Leeds Utd app has stated that the last Saturday train to Cambridge will be 17.21
The last train to Peterborough will be 17.58 - due to strikes
Yes saw that Swannie. Going to park & ride it I think as the trains are a bit tight. Train striking tossers
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Re: Ipswich v Leeds Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:07 pm Yes saw that Swannie. Going to park & ride it I think as the trains are a bit tight. Train striking tossers
Park and ride a good idea jay
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79019
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Re: Ipswich v Leeds Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:03 pm Anyone travelling by train to the game?

Leeds Utd app has stated that the last Saturday train to Cambridge will be 17.21
The last train to Peterborough will be 17.58 - due to strikes
Take the last train to Cambridge
And I'll meet you at the station
Can you be here by 4:30
'Cause I've made your reservation
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Re: Ipswich v Leeds Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:49 pm Take the last train to Cambridge
And I'll meet you at the station
Can you be here by 4:30
'Cause I've made your reservation
I could swing by at 4.35
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155194
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:11 pm Yeah Leon, in with the home fans.
Enjoy :lol:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 pm Enjoy :lol:
I've always been stuck with the away fans, me and Mum....awful lot they are, well at least one of them. I jumped up when I thought Macca had scored and was told "sit down you stupid cow". Charming I thought
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7069
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

I have a good feeling about this game personally. Plenty of positivity coming out of the club in the last few days. With signings happening the lads on the pitch know that they need to impress to hold on to a starting place.
Ipswich are very beatable, I am not doing the prediction thread - but I think we will come out on top 3-1.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:16 pm I've always been stuck with the away fans, me and Mum....awful lot they are, well at least one of them. I jumped up when I thought Macca had scored and was told "sit down you stupid cow". Charming I thought
Sad really. Been in a shedload of international RU games with mixed fans. Loads of great banter and no trouble. Football is pathetic in that way. Truly pathetic.
I’ll space out a few Tractor Boys if they object to me celebrating 😂
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155194
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:28 pm I have a good feeling about this game personally. Plenty of positivity coming out of the club in the last few days. With signings happening the lads on the pitch know that they need to impress to hold on to a starting place.
Ipswich are very beatable, I am not doing the prediction thread - but I think we will come out on top 3-1.
Me too DDB :tup:

Twelve of our members think we will lose on Saturday.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155194
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Benjamin Bloom said on the Just Joe show, Piroe will be eligible to play against Ipswich as he has signed by 12pm the day before the game :-D


User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'd throw him straight in, nowt to lose.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hopefully shows the 49er's are paying good wages.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11772
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:52 pm Benjamin Bloom said on the Just Joe show, Piroe will be eligible to play against Ipswich as he has signed by 12pm the day before the game :-D
How long do these work permits and international clearance things take to sort ?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:47 pm Me too DDB :tup:

Twelve of our members think we will lose on Saturday.
Those 12 may amend their predictions because of recent transfer activity! Don't need you getting at posters for being wary: you are an admin...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
Post Reply