I know, but there are massive holes in our squad.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:49 pm I honestly can’t see another four coming in, maybe a LB and a ‘number 10’ or another CM.
Ampadu gets injured & who is capable of replacing him

I know, but there are massive holes in our squad.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:49 pm I honestly can’t see another four coming in, maybe a LB and a ‘number 10’ or another CM.

It's what we need though.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:49 pm I honestly can’t see another four coming in, maybe a LB and a ‘number 10’ or another CM.




I don’t disagree at all mate, in terms of what’s needed, but I just don’t see it happening.Cjay wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:27 pm It's what we need though.
Not like we are being greedy asking for a luxury like another striker.
Not getting those positions would be leaving obvious holes and not following through on the whole competitive squad thing Marathe preached
Especially if we then loan out people like Gelhardt, Hjelde etc who for better or worse have been part of the squad




Similar to you I played a season at left back despite being right footed. I went from being a bit part player to being a regular and getting player of the year. I do think though that it is often down to the individual player though as I felt just as comfortable tackling with my left foor as my right and whilst I was better on the ball with my right foot wouldn't be afraid to cross with my left or clear the ball. Byram's cross for Gnonto to score last week wouldn't have been made if Byram was left footed so there are advantages having a right footer there as it was a lovely ball played in and so inviting for any forward player to simply run onto and divert it goalward.Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:30 am Admittedly back in the day i only played semi-pro and not Championship level, but i played all along the back, i am right footed but had my best games at LB getting forward more than i did at RB and until i was asked to play sweeper i played LB more than anywhere.
You can say you need specialists these days, but sometimes like Byram players can cover both with only a slight weakness, i want to see a LB arrive but if DF has found someone that can operate as both he might be ok till he finds one, and not just buy any old stupid fcker (Firpo) that is : "not as good as we already have" to quote my beloved when he was having a cracking dig at the Clown.
I think it's obvious Ayling isn't like this coz he's never gone over to LB, but Byram, Struik, Shack, Firpo (Lord forbid) Dallas and now Djed Spence and he might feel he's ok.
The only thing throwing all that up in the air, and it's a big thing, is that his wing backs are perhaps most important to him, but it is more of a team effort all-round.
Hjelde isn't good enough, but might come on in the next 15 years.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain

I think a lot of our transfer activity has had to be reactionary as to what has been happening. We had a winger lined up but seemingly that was in case of Gnonto and/or Sini left. We had Aarons lined up but it looks like we waited until it looked like Adams was going (to Chelsea) before we could close the deal, who knows maybe we could have done the Aarons deal a couple of weeks earlier if Adams had left a lot earlier. Same with Piroe, maybe he wasn't our first choice option but we couldn't make a move until we got the money from the Adams sale.Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:24 am Who else reckons the Leeds transfer team start their Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve?
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain

You are probably right mate.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:59 am I don’t disagree at all mate, in terms of what’s needed, but I just don’t see it happening.
Leeds getting four in, in the last two days of the window, it’s just not the way we do things (even though the ownership, DOF(s) have changed etc).
Time will tell, we won’t have much time to wait to find out that is for sure.

I’m beginning to think you may have got this right, and I was wrong.


Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain


Kamara signing would be the klich type?


