Junior Firpo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 14, 2023 9:34 pm I'm curious to know how people jump high without using their arms, it was a natural position to take as he seemed to be trying for that extra inch plus falling backwards doesn't help ...Watching high jumpers, they always keep their arms high. The ball took a small deflection off a hand, really difficult to see at full speed...

Certainly not deliberate so never a yellow.... I don't blame him for the pen. I don't blame him for the first either, he just lost his footing, how was not clear. The two yellows were deserved and the fan base can cheer his suspension... We need our scapegoats, irrespective of worthiness

I recall Berardi getting this kind of abuse too from this forum...
:roflmao:

Please tell me you write this stuff to generate reaction ?

He's a crying talking sleeping walking living accident waiting to happen.

All your loose cannons rolled into one.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by 1964white »

Spurs

Good
4 interceptions
2 decent passes
1 cross
1 run

Bad
2 poor pass
1 lost possession

Firpo on for Wober, youre having a laugh, Sam.

4/10
Scott
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:13 pm

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by Scott »

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0165181440

One exit nobody is too upset about.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155290
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by 1964white »

Scott wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:40 am https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 0165181440

One exit nobody is too upset about.
According to Fabrizio Romano, several European clubs are lining up to sign Junior :-D
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14816
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by lufc1304 »

Might work as a LWB in a back 5, but in a flat back four, he's a liability. Won't be sorry to see him go.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:13 am According to Fabrizio Romano, several European clubs are lining up to sign Junior :-D
Can only push the price up :tup:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
JoeDenver
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4124
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:58 pm

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by JoeDenver »

There are actually true Leeds fans on Twitter speaking about great he is and how big of a loss he will be…all in hopes of trying to escalate the price…hilarious!

Hope that strategy works, though. Pawn him off as somebody else’s problem.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3453
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by BobHirst »

At last.... something positive resulting from our relegation.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 2:23 pm
Twitter: none

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by geronimo »

up there with roque junior the famous brazilian centre back we bought years ago , who was about has much use as a chocolate teapot , another of ortas disastrous forays in to the transfer market . barcelona obvously saw orta coming with his dark glasses on and skanked us for ten million quid .
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by weasel »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:11 pm At last.... something positive resulting from our relegation.
I'll refrain from too much optimism until certain deals are completed. How different our history might have been if Dacourt had gone to Lazio for £15m instead of turning the move down and eventaully leaving for I think £1m to Roma, if Bowyer had gone to Liverpool for £9m instead of I think leaving for a free to go to West Ham. An extra £25m we looked like getting for those 2 could well have put us in a far stronger position to negotiate better selling prices for our other players or even been enough to keep the debts from spiralling long enough for us to get through it or re-structure it so we got through it.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41721
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by Cjay »

Utterly bonkers as it sounds is it looking likely that Farke has taken a liking to Firpo?

Hence the lack of a left back.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by GreennWhite »

Is Firpo still injured ? Is he even training in any way ? there has been very little info on him lately.
If he isn't even training or taking part in non contact games i would doubt Farke has him down as our LB for the season.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79067
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by The Subhuman »

AFAIK Firpo still injured, still massively under rated here and can still do a job... but I suspect reason one is why he's still here
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
thatchapcarnell
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:07 am
Twitter: @thatchapcarnell

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by thatchapcarnell »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:13 pm AFAIK Firpo still injured, still massively under rated here and can still do a job... but I suspect reason one is why he's still here
Agreed. An easier (defensive) season in the Championship is just what he needs while marauding forwards. Him on the left and Spence on the right coupled with our front four is going terrify most defences at Premiership level, let alone here.

HMS Piss The League reporting for duty.

Firpo will do well this season.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9744
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by CUSSIE01 »

I’ll admit I described him last season as one of the worst player ever to wear a Leeds shirt & haven’t changed my mind. Maybe offers a bit more going forward but an absolute liability as a defender, Max Wober spent most of the games covering for him so got pulled out of position, all I could see was someone standing with his arms at his sides & sticking his leg out. Never made a tackle & any he did try ended up as fouls, if we have to rely on him at left back we’re f##**ed. Just saying……………..

Keeping The Faith
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by mentalcase »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:58 pm I’ll admit I described him last season as one of the worst player ever to wear a Leeds shirt & haven’t changed my mind. Maybe offers a bit more going forward but an absolute liability as a defender, Max Wober spent most of the games covering for him so got pulled out of position, all I could see was someone standing with his arms at his sides & sticking his leg out. Never made a tackle & any he did try ended up as fouls, if we have to rely on him at left back we’re f##**ed. Just saying……………..

Keeping The Faith
Don't knock any of that :clap:
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
AcrossThePondAsh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

This injury update is for Kenny :)

Junior Firpo speaking with Mundo Deportivo RD:

"Right now I feel very good.“I have almost recovered from my last injury and I really want to play with the team again.”

Turning attentions to international matters, Firpo said: “I always follow a little what the Dominican Republic does in terms of sports. In the end, I was born there, my entire family is Dominican and for me it is a source of pride every time the Dominican Republic achieves something at the sporting level, which is what I dedicate myself to."

“We had a very good talk here in England, very productive in which I could see that the direction of Dominican soccer is in good hands right now and that it has a promising future. And yes, obviously they presented me with the whole project and all the ideas for the future of football in the Dominican Republic, as I said, it was a very healthy and good conversation."

"It is a pride and an honour that the Dominican fans await my arrival to the national team. But in the end I am always cautious with my words, I don't like to get anyone's hopes up or make promises and then not keep them.

"The only thing I can tell the Dominican fans is to trust in what is being done, the federation is in good hands and the future is very good.”

Source: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ch-4281256
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by mentalcase »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: ↑Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:43 pm This injury update is for Kenny :)

Junior Firpo speaking with Mundo Deportivo RD:

"Right now I feel very good.“I have almost recovered from my last injury and I really want to play with the team again.”

Turning attentions to international matters, Firpo said: “I always follow a little what the Dominican Republic does in terms of sports. In the end, I was born there, my entire family is Dominican and for me it is a source of pride every time the Dominican Republic achieves something at the sporting level, which is what I dedicate myself to."

“We had a very good talk here in England, very productive in which I could see that the direction of Dominican soccer is in good hands right now and that it has a promising future. And yes, obviously they presented me with the whole project and all the ideas for the future of football in the Dominican Republic, as I said, it was a very healthy and good conversation."

"It is a pride and an honour that the Dominican fans await my arrival to the national team. But in the end I am always cautious with my words, I don't like to get anyone's hopes up or make promises and then not keep them.

"The only thing I can tell the Dominican fans is to trust in what is being done, the federation is in good hands and the future is very good.”

Source: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ch-4281256
You can fecking say that again fella, getting my false hopes up since tha came.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4517
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I for one am curious to see how Junior Firpo might fare in the Championship in a Daniel Farke system.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by GreennWhite »

He didn't do himself any favours in the Premiership, but maybe, just maybe he is better suited to the Championship.
Lets see what Farke can do with him when he gets fit. You just never know, stranger things have happened.
Post Reply