Very doubtful tbf... It's different for her, more Jazzy but nice and chill.
Music Chat Thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle
Re: Music Chat Thread.
What a lovely,soothing melodic tune.Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:22 am This is some of the stuff I like (though I like many styles of music): I have 2 of Borstal guitarist Jamie Hunter (one of 2 guitarists in the band) guitars in my workshop right now...
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
There’s good and then there’s Hackneyed Diamonds
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14650
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2144
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Music Chat Thread.
Its always good to get recommendations from others........ thanks1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:31 am Albums I adore, released over the last eighteen months.
Jalen Ngonda 'Come Around & Love Me'
Anohni and the Johnsons 'My Back Was A Bridge For You To Cross'
Billy Valentine & The Universal Truth 'Billy Valentine & The Universal Truth'
The Delines 'The Sea Drift'
PJ Harvey 'I Inside the Old Year Dying'
Little Simz 'Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
Yard Act 'The Overload'
David Bowie 'Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars: The Motion Picture Soundtrack' [50th Anniversary Edition | Soundtrack]
David Bowie 'Moonage Daydream - Music from the film'
Not much in there for head-bangers & proggers, just beautiful music from other genres that exist in the modern world.
Toss up between the top three in the above list for my album of the year.
I must have played The Delines 'Sea Drift' album over 500 times, it's so gorgeous, beautiful & soothing![]()
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155310
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Music Chat Thread.
Forgot to mention Leeds lass Corinne Bailey Rae's new album, 'Black Rainbows', a mix of R&B/jazz/garage rock vibes, not the sound you would recall CBR from years gone by.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 am New Alice Phoebe Lou too, which I know isn't to your taste Sara... so no clue why I'm mentioning it.
- malcolmw
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3715
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Music Chat Thread.
Just listened to the new Stones album, out today.
You know....I think I like it.
You know....I think I like it.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155310
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155310
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- malcolmw
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3715
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
- Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
Re: Music Chat Thread.
I have it on Spotify - been waiting for it like a kid for Christmas.
In the meantime I decided to build a Stones Playlist on Spotify to keep me busy. It currently has 64 songs on it. That's including about a dozen from Mick's solo albums.
It's interesting when I look at it, which songs I included and which I didn't.
What a career the lads have had.
I wonder if Taylor Swift will be bringing out new music when she's 80....I doubt it.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155310
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Music Chat Thread.
The majority of the modern bands/artists from the last three decades will be long gone.malcolmw wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:35 pm I have it on Spotify - been waiting for it like a kid for Christmas.
In the meantime I decided to build a Stones Playlist on Spotify to keep me busy. It currently has 64 songs on it. That's including about a dozen from Mick's solo albums.
It's interesting when I look at it, which songs I included and which I didn't.
What a career the lads have had.
I wonder if Taylor Swift will be bringing out new music when she's 80....I doubt it.
Let's face it, so many bands produce one or two decent albums & then disappear into obscurity.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
No idea what we're talking about now ... must be a bit Rassed
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
Is he? If I knew that I'd forgotten it ... Stones for me did some good stuff early seventies, the vocals annoying but the music great. Then. like Elton John, it all became formulaic and stale and the vocals then became an issue FOR ME (writ large)
But that happens to just about every band that clings onto a sound...IMO (again writ large). The lead single of Hackneyed Diamonds was really bloody awful, and first impressions and all that. That was filler and who releases filler as a lead single, the second track better but not a patch on early ish Stones and I wasn't a huge fan of theirs then..
I do own Tattoo You, because I quite liked Start Me Up for 5 minutes...I played it once. It died when I heard Waiting For a Friend. Which is up there in my top 10 all time worst songs alongside Ebony and Ivory and I just Called to Say I love you, among others.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155310
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Music Chat Thread.
I like that song.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:38 pm Is he? If I knew that I'd forgotten it ... Stones for me did some good stuff early seventies, the vocals annoying but the music great. Then. like Elton John, it all became formulaic and stale and the vocals then became an issue FOR ME (writ large)
But that happens to just about every band that clings onto a sound...IMO (again writ large). The lead single of Hackneyed Diamonds was really bloody awful, and first impressions and all that. That was filler and who releases filler as a lead single, the second track better but not a patch on early ish Stones and I wasn't a huge fan of theirs then..
I do own Tattoo You, because I quite liked Start Me Up for 5 minutes...I played it once. It died when I heard Waiting For a Friend. Which is up there in my top 10 all time worst songs alongside Ebony and Ivory and I just Called to Say I love you, among others.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
Really fourth rate album filler...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155310
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79073
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Music Chat Thread.
Have Karate's excellent Complete Studio Recordings on atm ... heaven.
Post Hardcore/Slowcore to help out a bit
Post Hardcore/Slowcore to help out a bit
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle