ShaunL wrote: ↑Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:36 am
I like Greta Van Fleet too they have copped some flack about being Led Zeppelin wannabes.
Have you listened to Rival Sons ?
But they're not the first, Rush probably were back in the early seventies, Kingdom Come are another that bore that label.. You can hear influences in everyones music if you know where to look including Led Zeppelin
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
That's not to say I like GVF, not listened to them really since not really enjoying the debut. Gov't Mule I quite like though. Allen Woody and Warren Haynes band
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:29 pm
Forgot to mention Leeds lass Corinne Bailey Rae's new album, 'Black Rainbows', a mix of R&B/jazz/garage rock vibes, not the sound you would recall CBR from years gone by.
Which I mentioned on Page 1, in that list everyone bar Sara scrolled past...Anyway it's her best by a distance..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:57 am
Which I mentioned on Page 1, in that list everyone bar Sara scrolled past...Anyway it's her best by a distance..
Apologies I have forgotten about your initial post. Riot recommended Black Rainbows to me back in September.
The three of us are singing out of the same hymn sheet
BradWhite wrote: ↑Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:21 pm
Here's a few I have recently purchased.
Goat - Medicine. Not My Cuppa Tea
Paolo Nutini - Last Night In The Bittersweet. Like
Cult Of Luna - The Long Road North. Like
Within Temptation - Ritual. Good
Slowdive - Everything is Alive. Like this More
ShaunL wrote: ↑Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:36 am
I like Greta Van Fleet too they have copped some flack about being Led Zeppelin wannabes.
Have you listened to Rival Sons ?
"Battle of Garden Gate" was a gem but "Starcatcher" is difficult to listen too imo
hector wrote: ↑Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:17 pm
It's a grower... There a few stand out tracks from a couple of listens..., but none can match Broken Bells for me
Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 pm
Thanks I already follow Rick Beato. top man.... check out his interviews with Sting and Eric Johnson.
Another gem is What Makes this Song Great.....
I watch a lot of his stuff from the top tens to, as you say, what makes this song great... Recent interview with Kirk Hammett and there's an MJK one somewhere in there. And yes the Sting one was superb, apparently a notoriously bad interviewee really enjoyed himself
Just noticed Rolling Stones Idiotic 250 guitarist list piece has dropped in the last few hours, something we were discussing