Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:19 pm
Its not just today. I think James is having a good season for us, that his goals and assits confirm.
He is worth having in the team just for his pace and 100% commitment. Then when he does deliver the end product its an extra bonus for the team.
A lot on here seem to have it in for him. Maybe that is because he played for Scum before eventually coming Elland Road. There was another fella that did that, oh what was his name? Ah that's it; Johnny Giles.
I don't have it in for him, just don't rate him. Some only seem to because Bielsa did.
I said at the time, he was a poor signing for what we needed. Not going to say he's a brilliant signing or a bargain for scoring against a poor side though. Too many players on here get overhyped very quickly.
He needs to put a solid run of great games together and do it against the top sides.
SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:22 pm
I don't have it in for him, just don't rate him. Some only seem to because Bielsa did.
I said at the time, he was a poor signing for what we needed. Not going to say he's a brilliant signing or a bargain for scoring against a poor side though. Too many players on here get overhyped very quickly.
He needs to put a solid run of great games together and do it against the top sides.
I think he was a poor signing but only in the respect of over-paying at the time.
However, he seems to be improving for both Wales and us.
His pace means that defences worry about where he is, that naturally does create space for other forward players.
I also like the fact that he gives us a regular Yorkshire lad in the side, that is important for us since Kalvin left.
Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:19 pm
Its not just today. I think James is having a good season for us, that his goals and assits confirm.
He is worth having in the team just for his pace and 100% commitment. Then when he does deliver the end product its an extra bonus for the team.
A lot on here seem to have it in for him. Maybe that is because he played for Scum before eventually coming Elland Road. There was another fella that did that, oh what was his name? Ah that's it; Johnny Giles.
You can't compare Dan James to Johnny Giles
It's like comparing man city with Oldham
Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:26 pm
James is definitely good enough for this division and that’s all that matters atm. But his decision making is in stark contrast to Rutter.
He's scoring goals and plenty of assists. Good attitude and high work rate.
He, like many others in the squad struggled in the Premier League. He is effective at this level and increases our chances of escaping this division.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:02 pm
I wasn't comparing them as players I was making the point that just because a player comes from Scum it isn't a reason to be on their backs.
It is a very different case if they go the other way of course.
Giles wasn't getting in the team at Scum at the time, just like James in that respect.
It's not the fact he comes from scum it's because he is bang average he went to Fulham on loan and they didn't want him
Giles was world class it was man utd s mistake letting him go same as when Strachan came here
I've not seen the game as it was a 4:30 am kickoff here. But a nice win and 3 more points. And two goals each from Summerville and James. Which should put to rest any serious debate about who our starting wide players are.
Shots
Leeds: 20 total = 5 on target, 9 off target, & 6 blocked
Huddersfield: 5 total = 2 on target, 1 off target, & 2 blocked
That xG seems wrong to me. We scored 4 goals and created 2 or 3 other really good chances that we could/should have scored from, how can we only have an xG of 1.71? Doesn’t make any sense!
Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:52 pm
That xG seems wrong to me. We scored 4 goals and created 2 or 3 other really good chances that we could/should have scored from, how can we only have an xG of 1.71? Doesn’t make any sense!
That does seem low, but Summerville’s two goals were not clear cut chances and may have had a low xG. Same for James first goal. He hit it from outside the box and with a defender in front of him. The bulk of the xG may have been from the missed chances rather than the goals - bizarrely!
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:06 pm
That does seem low, but Summerville’s two goals were not clear cut chances and may have had a low xG. Same for James first goal. He hit it from outside the box and with a defender in front of him. The bulk of the xG may have been from the missed chances rather than the goals - bizarrely!
XG is not a simplistic thing at all. It relates to many aspects in the build up to a goal. Like marmite tbh
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:46 pm
I've not seen the game as it was a 4:30 am kickoff here. But a nice win and 3 more points. And two goals each from Summerville and James. Which should put to rest any serious debate about who our starting wide players are.
I concur. And if we’re going to tweak in order to rest players, we’ll need to rest one and not both like we did with Stoke. Hindsight 20-20, we really made it easy on Stoke to defend us. I’ll have a watch of the game tonight, but completely agree with this take.
I like James. Yes we overpaid but he would have been a bargain had we got him from Swansea when that deal fell through.
He's not good enough to lead an attack on his own but as a complementary piece he is very useful, taxes defenders, and you can't question his effort. Long may he run.
onemoreslogan wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:41 pm
I like James. Yes we overpaid but he would have been a bargain had we got him from Swansea when that deal fell through.
He's not good enough to lead an attack on his own but as a complementary piece he is very useful, taxes defenders, and you can't question his effort. Long may he run.
I like James in terms of his attitude. A proper pro who just gets on with it. I have criticised his end product at times as he can be a little frustrating but the fact he may not be PL standard is by the by as we’re not in that league. He has & will do some damage with his pace in this one
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.